July 2016 meltdown?

Hey everyone,

I don't know if this has already been discussed (but if it has, please link me to the correct forum), but I was comparing my rank in different sections to the rest of the North Pacific and the World, and me and my friend noticed that in July 2016, there was always this huge drop in a lot of things, such as population, the economy, etc.

Does anyone know what happened?

I've included this image as an example:
73b3104b37f641a392968fbe7d67edbf.png

Don't quote me, because I might be wrong, but I think those two are averages, and since we saw a spike in new players from Imgur in July, and all of them had small populations, there was a drop.

Nope. A post from Imgur made it onto the front page, bunches of people joined, driving down the average population. 28 days after that, it should rise, as unused nations CTE. This happened before with the previous dip, when a post on Reddit spiked interest, making people create more nations; some lost interest after the first day and never logged on again, and they CTE'd 4 weeks later, following people who quit on the 2nd day, etc, for the next 28 days or so.

In addition, the populations of all the Pacifics will mirror the global population, because they are feeder regions; when new nations are created, then they surface there, driving down average populations.

Just wait until around the 14th, and the average population will rise again, as a whole bunch of young nations below the global average CTE.

Back