He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
moga_seal.png

The Ministry of Gameside Affairs
The Ministry Needs You!

With the introduction of three new positions just yesterday, I thought it would be necessary to once and for all ask those who are already members of the Ministry what they would like to do going forward. Instead of waiting for people to change positions, I'm asking if there is currently a position that you are interested in filling or being. In Gameside Affairs, there are just four out of twelve people who hold advanced positions. I want to change this, so as I have created these new positions, it is of best interest to get people working in them as quickly as possible.

If you are interested in any of the positions listed below, post below and give the reasoning for your interest. Also, remember that every position has duties and you will be expected to complete your objectives. Be reasonable and make sure that the position fits you. Just a notice to all of you who wish to apply for either the Senior Executive Staff or the Chief Advisor position, there is a level of experience required for applying, so be mindful of that.

For reference, the available positions are:

Along with myself and the Dep. Minister, you will be making choices of the highest order and will be giving your guidance to the Ministry. It will be your job as Chief Advisor to make sure that everything is accounted for and completed by the end of each week and month. You will collect reports on staff activity and actions and will get back to me with news of abscences or inactive members. You will be the fill in position for the Deputy Minister when they are not available.

You will be collecting recruitment data from the recruitment officers and will be summarizing the overall actions of each staff member. As well as this, you will be Manager of both the Regional Mentors & the Executive Staff alongside myself and Sasten. Chief Advisor is the next rank down below Deputy Minister, so somebody very active will be needed. You will be required to have been in the Ministry for atleast two weeks, have had experience in two roles and have proven your experience in managing and advising.
Members of the Executive Senior Staff are members who consistently show that they are a hard working on determined member of the Ministry. Executive Senior Staff will have the ability to work alongside the Minister and become a Chief Advisor to the Minister and the Deputy. Senior Executive Staff also hold more management opportunities, and will be able to recommend certain actions for the Minister to take. Senior Executive Staff will be chosen by the Minister and the Deputy and will be expected to uphold the core values of the Ministry and complete all objectives set out before them. They will be expected to also show exemplary behaviour, being the example to newer members and setting the standard for Executive Staff.

As a Regional Mentor, you will be given the reigns over the integration and welcoming process and shall work towards an easier way to get new nations involved with different aspects of both the game and the forums. You will also be there to welcome and answer any questions new members may have. You will assist with their development as a member of this community, and you will ensure that their experience is an enjoyable one. You will assist with their development as a member of this community, and you will ensure that their experience is an enjoyable one. RMB Mentors need to be very active, as they will be constantly assisting new members get into the region. If you see a confused new face to the community, you make sure that they can find their way into this region and become a contributing nation.
It will be your job to make sure that we have an influx of applications every day, and people who apply to be in these positions should also be regular posters on the forum and the RMB. Recruitment is a very simple aspect of the Ministry and does not take much time or ability to perfect, all it takes is a little charm and the right words. Be a representative of the Ministry when recruiting and always keep in mind that every member is a potential manager or Deputy Minister. Without recruitment, it is likely that no new members will join. This has to be avoided at all costs.

So, without hesitating any longer, I ask all current members of Gameside Affairs:

Is there a position from the list above that you are interested in applying for, and if so, why?

I would be interested in becoming a Senior Executive Staffer. I have prior experience as Integration Officer of TRR and am the current Vizier of Community Affairs (Interior Minister) of Osiris.

Gradea:
I would be interested in becoming a Senior Executive Staffer. I have prior experience as Integration Officer of TRR and am the current Vizier of Community Affairs (Interior Minister) of Osiris.
Based on your enthusiam and willingness to ask for a change in your position, combined with the information and the reasoning that you have presented, I shall grant your request. There are a couple of other people that I'll be speaking with about this position, so you will not be alone.

I, FrozenTopHat, would like to apply for the position of Chief Advisor. I am on roughly from when I wake up to when I go to bed (get a life, right?), and seeing that a highly active member should fill this roll, I believe I am fit for it. I don't have much experience to go off of, but my work in Foreign Affairs and Communications should suffice to operate as your Chief Advisor.

Thanks!

Frozentophat:
I, FrozenTopHat, would like to apply for the position of Chief Advisor. I am on roughly from when I wake up to when I go to bed (get a life, right?), and seeing that a highly active member should fill this roll, I believe I am fit for it. I don't have much experience to go off of, but my work in Foreign Affairs and Communications should suffice to operate as your Chief Advisor.

Thanks!
What an excellent application!

I am thrilled that you have decided to apply for this position and I am even more thrilled to announce that the position shall be yours to hold! Your dedicated demeanor and good reasoning have lead me to the conclusion that you will the best fit for such a prestigous position. You will be the third point of contact between myself and Sasten and will effectively be the overall manager of staff operations, I am looking forward to working with you over what is left of this term.

(I hope this is the right thread to post this in.)
I would be interested in applying for the function of Regional Mentor. To be honest, I have no experience whatsoever (I'm actually just starting to involve myself in the government), but I believe I am active enough to fulfill the duties that come with this position.

ETDNL:
(I hope this is the right thread to post this in.)
I would be interested in applying for the function of Regional Mentor. To be honest, I have no experience whatsoever (I'm actually just starting to involve myself in the government), but I believe I am active enough to fulfill the duties that come with this position.
Request granted.

Register information has been updated.

Hi,
I've been thinking a bit about the whole role of regional mentors and I was thinking that most of the people who do need help when they set up their accounts never consider asking about it on the RMB and as such they go without and lose interest in nation states. I was wondering if it would be outside of our mandate to potentially try and mass TG new nations friendly tips and remind them that the RMB exists for help.

Were this the case we would need to consider:
-How to word the TG in a friendly and helpful way
-Find someone who understands how auto-TG to avoid using stamps
-I vaguely recall getting something from Ravenclaw when I joined... Is he still doing that and if so could we simply amend it to better help new players.
-What resources should we give new players... eg. should we give them something like this http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=444406

Techislovakia:
Hi,
I've been thinking a bit about the whole role of regional mentors and I was thinking that most of the people who do need help when they set up their accounts never consider asking about it on the RMB and as such they go without and lose interest in nation states. I was wondering if it would be outside of our mandate to potentially try and mass TG new nations friendly tips and remind them that the RMB exists for help.

Were this the case we would need to consider:
-How to word the TG in a friendly and helpful way
-Find someone who understands how auto-TG to avoid using stamps
-I vaguely recall getting something from Ravenclaw when I joined... Is he still doing that and if so could we simply amend it to better help new players.
-What resources should we give new players... eg. should we give them something like this http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=444406
Thank you for your suggestion, Techislovakia.

I could possibly ask Lord Ravenclaw to edit the welcoming telegram so that the presence of the Regional Mentors is mentioned, instead of having to create an entirely new one. It is more efficient if we ask that the welcoming telegram be edited so that the Regional Mentors are included. That being said, I shall contact Lord Ravenclaw about this and see what response we get.

I do agree that if new members knew that they could ask our Regional Mentors their questions, a lot less nations would get bored and CTE.

EDIT: Considering the fact that LR may be abscent at the moment, we cannot expect this to get done until he returns.

Back