June's Monthly Announcement from The Kingdom of Great Britain

[img=750,150]http://z5.ifrm.com/30336/28/0/f5315238/NEWforumheader22.png[/img]​

Regional Forum

[img=50,50]http://i.imgur.com/ZeofvbC.png[/img] NationStates Page [img=50,50]http://i.imgur.com/ZeofvbC.png[/img] Regional IRC

Foreign Update: June 2016
Monarch: HIBM George VI | Prince of Wales: HIBH Prince Victor​

His Majesty's Executive Government

Prime Minister: Akillian Talleyrand
Deputy Prime Minister: Sacul Astoria
Home Secretary: Uncle Churchill
Foreign Secretary: Charles Lancaster
Culture Secretary: Nyx Lancaster-Astoria
Attorney General: Heidi Mountbatten

WA Delegate: Ubracia / Edward Windsor
Supreme Court of The Kingdom of Great Britain
Lord Chief Justice: Nathaniel Lancaster
Sr. High Court Justice: Vacant
Jr. High Court Justice: Vacant
Jr. High Court Justice: Vacant

[c]
17th Imperial Parliament
The House of Lords
HIBH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Prince Royal
His Grace, The Duke of Wellington
His Grace, The Duke of Gloucester
Her Ladyship, The Countess of Wessex
Her Ladyship, The Baroness Winters of Somerset
His Lordship, The Baron Hanover of Blackford

The House of Commons
Chisinau City of Northern England (CON)
Uncle Churchill of The Midlands (CON)
Ervald of Southern England (CON)
Akillian Talleyrand of Scotland (IND)
Seanzyland of Wales (CON)
John Mountbatten of Ireland (CON)
Owen Hesse of France (CON)

2330b07d-72fc-4763-a905-e0d1dea6aa84_zpskdkufdd3.png
[c]With the dissolution of the 18th Imperial Parliament, the Kingdom of Great Britain entered a particularly interesting electoral period, which for the first time brought into question the long-lasting leadership of the Conservative Party in the region.

John Hanover - Conservative Party (13.2%)
Akillian Talleyrand - Independent (11.8%)
Seanzyland - Conservative Party (11.8%)
Chisinau City - Conservative Party (11.1%)
Uncle Churchill - Conservative Party (11.1%)
Owen Hesse - Conservative Party (9.7%)
Ervald - Conservative Party (9.7%)

Michael L. Juksereen - Independent (8.6%)
Conrad Streicher - Conservative Party (8.6%)
Arthur Pendragon - Independent (4%)

While the previous Prime Minister Owen Hesse and his party retained their significant presence in Parliament, there was a noticeable increase in Independent contenders in the election, who managed to garner not insignificant support for their campaigns, though only one, Akillian Talleyrand, secured a seat in the House of Commons. A survey organized by the BBC before voting began revealed that a large number of the region’s citizens felt dissatisfied with the staleness of regional politics, dominated almost entirely by the Conservative Party. This did not necessarily mean dissatisfaction with the Conservatives themselves, who still won a secure mandate in the general election. Nevertheless, the results of the survey, combined with a degree of pressure from the House of Lords, contributed to the rise of Akillian Talleyrand, who, despite not initially running a campaign for Prime Minister, was viewed as an ideal candidate for the role by both the Conservatives and the non-aligned. Already, the impact of the election has been felt in the region, with the formation of a new party, and the new Prime Minister’s impressive efforts to bring the various forces of regional politics together in his Cabinet.

5d138f48-2bfa-4d56-a93a-20906f2c253e_zpsaswngqh7.jpg
[c] Citizens of the Kingdom of Great Britain,

It is a great honour for me to once again address you as Prime Minister. It was not my intention or expectation to be Prime Minister this term but circumstances meant I was needed to serve and I am grateful to Parliament for their support and confirmation.

I return to a role I once held in 2014 and I begin this term with the same dedication and motivation I had then. I want you to know that while I do not enter Downing Street after an election campaign, I have an agenda in mind which we will pursue vigorously. I will work hard to make a difference and I am committed to doing what’s best for our region.

The Kingdom of Great Britain is at a critical point. We are approaching summer which traditionally produces a lull in activity and we are seeking to maintain our position as the number one British region. Therefore it is important that we work together and everyone gets involved to help make a difference. To help lead the way in trying to take us forward I look to form a Government of committed and active members of our region. I am pleased to appoint the following individuals to the Government:

Deputy Prime Minister: Sacul Astoria (also serving as Culture Secretary)
Home Secretary: Uncle Churchill
Foreign Secretary: Charles Lancaster
Culture Secretary: Nyx Lancaster-Astoria
Attorney General: Heidi Gregson

Deputy Home Secretary: Michael Juksereen
Deputy Foreign Secretary: Conrad Streicher

I have tried to my best to appoint experienced individuals to our most critical positions, while also giving opportunities in both levels of Government to those who have not served before which I think is important to our long term future. I am looking forward to this term and I am confident for our future successes. Thank you to everyone for their support so far and I will do my best to give you a Government that you deserve.

Thank you

The Rt. Hon. Akillian Talleyrand
Prime Minister of The Kingdom of Great Britain​

b9020f89-4005-4c93-9815-8acae80d2814_zpskljglxye.jpg
[c]It was a month of Ice and Fire in Great Britain this June, with the Game of Thrones Festival raging from the latter half of May up into the middle of June, celebrating the world famous show (and books!), and the premier of the sixth season. Houses Lannister and Targaryen, the two chosen regional favorites, competed fiercely in spam games, puzzles, meme challenges, and weekly episode bingo (needless to say it was a good season for anyone who had the “betrayal” square on their sheet). Though the Targaryens initially locked in the leading position, bringing fire and blood to the seven kingdoms, the wily members of House Lannister managed to take advantage of their European timezones to secure a last minute surge in spam points in the last few days of the festival, dethroning the dragon kings and bringing about an era of blonde hair and close bonds between sibling, so actually not that different from the Targaryens at all, all things considered.

On the whole, this was one of the most action-packed, contested Festivals in regional history, and its impact was easily felt across the board with signature banners and profile pictures wherever one went. Word has it that, now that we’ve all had a couple of weeks to take a breather, the Culture Ministry is planning to carry on its winning barrage of parties and games with another festival, set to celebrate the coming of summer. More information on that is set to follow soon.

[img=468,263]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a545/Wolf6120/image_update_29d3de82afd66fd5_1378900547_9j-4aaqsk_zpsbwzy0k3h.jpeg[/img]​
[c]It’s been a busy time for Parliament recently, with a number of significant laws and amendments being introduced before and after the General Election. Significant amendments have been made to the Constitution regarding the judiciary, which have streamlined and optimized HM’s Supreme Court, in an effort to give minor justices more opportunities within the other region, less restricted by their positions in the judiciary. Another extensive amendment was passed which formalized the Constitution in regards to the appointment of a Prime Minister, designed to close numerous loopholes and gray areas in the process which, though so far unproblematic, were not properly addressed beforehand. Lastly, a new Act is being enacted which strengthens the protection for attorney-client relations, and ensures the privacy and justice afforded to any citizens who might need legal aid.

[img=420,299]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a545/Wolf6120/Operation_Sond_Chara_02_zps905igrhd.jpg[/img]​
[c]This past month we saw a whirlwind of activity from His Majesties Corps of Royal Marines. To start the month off our troops invaded the 50 United States of America. We then saw our troops march along soldier from HYDRA Command in taking The Place That Has no Big Banks, a region that is still being currently held by HYDRA. Several days later our Marines marched into battle in a massive coalition led by The Land of Kings and Emperors in the taking of the South Pacific. Just a few days after the raid on South Pacific, His Royal Highness, Constantine Hesse, took full command of the Corps as Commandant General. He has served previously as First Lord of the Admiralty and after the formation of the Corps, a Brigadier. To commemorate his promotion, the Commandant led a successful raid on the region of Ireland, while not held for long than that major, the Commandant showed off his skill as a trigger. The Corps also raided the Commonwealth of Dalton, after a few days of holding our troops voluntarily withdrew. Late in the month, our troops led a coalition of several regions including the, HYDRA Command, The Invaders and The Chaos Brigade in retaking the region of Ireland. With further support from The Communist Bloc, The Land of Kings and Emperors, as well as the Empire of Russia. After several days of holding and one defender rush given the boot, all embassies were destroyed, an embassy with KGB was built, and the RMB was fully suppressed, hence we claimed total victory on the battlefield and voluntarily withdrew.

Welcome to the region Randolph Churchill and thank you for the update.

Please extend my congratulations to Prime Minister Akillian Talleyrand. I look forward to working with him.

Back