Cormac Stark Coups Osiris

Cormac et al have couped Osiris. Go to the NS Gameplay forum for details and a formal statement from the lead couper. I'm hoping a statement on events (and official TNP response) from our Delegate is forthcoming (when time permits).

falapatorius:
Cormac et al have couped Osiris. Go to the NS Gameplay forum for details and a formal statement from the lead couper. I'm hoping a statement on events (and official TNP response) from our Delegate is forthcoming (when time permits).
Oh, no, not again. :ADN:

Festavo:
Cormac Stark, Ambroscus Koth and Tim Stark have committed treason against the Osiris Fraternal Order. It should not come as a surprise that Cormac would do this. 1 year ago he vowed to destroy the Osiris Fraternal Order. The very thing he helped create. He is attempting to do that before our eyes right now. He claims to be doing it for the OFO, but has subverted the State Code (which he wrote) and couped the lawfully elected government with the help of the former Pharaoh Tim Stark and Root Admin Ambroscus Koth. All because he lost an election.

Cormac and Koth are two of the three co-founders of the OFO. And yet they are destroying it while saying they are trying to save it. After re-opening nominations and trying to recall the legally elected Pharaoh both ended badly for him, he decided to coup the region and subvert the legal process. All because the handpicked candidates who passed the muster of Cormac, Tim, and Koth lost. The office of Pharaoh in the OFO has been a revolving door of old established faces with the occasional establishment backed new blood candidate. That changed when The Almighty Jesus Whale was elected as the legal Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order and they couldn't tolerate that. I am calling them out for exactly what this is, a power grab because the person elected is not their chosen one.

I was elected Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order on October 8th, 2015. I was the candidate who would’ve been recruited to run against Jesus Whale back then. I had the support of quite a few established names in Osiris including Koth. Cormac was banned from the OFO at that time for treason. I was told by people like Koth that my opponent might coup if elected so we had to beat him at all costs. My opponent was Ainocra, an active and dedicated Osiran who later left because of a fear of a conspiracy against him by a group of individuals in Osiris that led to him losing his two runs for Pharaoh through last minute vote switching. The same exact thing that Cormac has accused Jesus Whale of doing to win, but it is also the only way that Koth and I could have won our elections. We won due to the same fearmongering and lies being throw at Jesus Whale right now. Koth and I won using the fear that Ainocra would coup to win votes through last minute vote switching. Blaine Zeorus Montresor's last vote before he was removed from the Deshret was for Koth and we see today Cormac calling Whale's election a fraud because of a vote cast by Plagentine who resigned from the Deshret and left Osiris due to personal issues after the election. The hypocrisy is too much.

There are certain facts that cannot be disputed in this situation. No one can dispute that Jesus Whale is the legal Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order. No one can dispute that Cormac, Tim and Koth have launched a coup d'etat of the Osiris Fraternal Order. Those are the facts of the situation. The Deshret elects the Pharaoh according to the State Code and the Deshret elected Jesus Whale. They did not elect Cormac. Cormac, Tim and Koth have all committed treason by subverting the state and installing a "Transitional Government". Cormac is not the Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order and Tim is not the Vizier of the Osiris Fraternal Order. The Pharaoh is The Almighty Jesus Whale and there is no Vizier because his cabinet has not been confirmed.

These claims, perhaps justified in their own fantasies, have no basis in fact, and the actions are without any basis in Osiran law. These claims are being purposely used to mislead the public and continue the wrong and inappropriate character assassination of Jesus Whale.

At the root of this false logic of those perpetrating this coup is the irrational fear that Jesus Whale was on the fast track to coup once he took the delegacy.

Jesus Whale has served as a guardian for almost a year, and has been a dedicated member of the Deshret and Osiris for almost two. Not once has he been convicted or accused of any crimes. Nor has anyone any verifiable proof that he has willfully committed past transgressions against Osiris. Furthermore, he is legally elected Pharaoh.

Cormac tried to defame Jesus Whale by repeatedly alleging that Whale was in Osiris with his WA supporting Dourian in his coup. He refused to provide evidence and was later disproven. Jesus Whale was involved in a region that supported the coup, but Jesus Whale did not support it himself. Cormac has been spreading lies about Jesus Whale to maliciously cause damage to his reputation.

There is a deep rooted fear of people who this trio and others fear might coup. It has become quite clear to me that this has become a label to be slapped on individuals who are not in their circle and refuse to be their puppet. I will not longer be complacent and go along with this, no more. It is time we let ourselves out of the shadow they have cast upon us and move on.

In short, this coup was not needed. Osiris was not in danger. On the very very slim chance that Jesus Whale would coup, he would be absolutely crushed. The allies of the OFO would come out of the woodwork to stop him. This coup was likely just a self-serving action of a desperate Cormac. This coup is built on lies and the truth will prevail. The legal Pharaoh of the OFO will regain his seat and Osiris will overcome this obstacle and grow stronger. I am sure of that.

Long Live the Osiris Fraternal Order,

Festavo Vasentius

With all this happening and with my Security Council application denied, I may consider re-enlisting to the NPA. We should do something about this.

given Cormac's antipathy towards TNP, an Osiris under his control with no democratic checks is not something we should welcome.

Considering the situation on the ground, we may not have any choice in the matter.

A statement is coming, I've been busy working with two allied regions, and other friendly regions in response to this.

TNP has consistently held a policy that seeks both democracy and stability in the GCRs, hence our involvement. On a personal level, I would prefer we weren't involved since I better than most, know the state of Osiris is caused by the established powers that be, giving Cormac far too much freedom to do as he likes with no repercussions.

That said, I've been unwell for the last week and sitting in front of a computer screen for however many hours a day has not helped much in response to this.

Lord Ravenclaw:
the state of Osiris is caused by the established powers that be, giving Cormac far too much freedom to do as he likes with no repercussions.
Yeah, pardoning and unbanning him has proved costly.

This is the third time he has actively been involved in, attempted to, or succeeded with a coup against the Osiris Fraternal Order.

The first stopped after he was talked down. He blames it on protecting the region against Douria.

The second saw him convicted for Treason.

This is the third.

(Whereas he likes to throw every single thing I've ever done wrong or not to his liking in my face whenever he gets a chance, I'm not the same... so I won't include an event prior to the OFO despite the fact that my health has been thrown in my face just recently regarding my stepping back in 2013).

While it may be true in this particular instance, I do not support that mentality generally, and believe it to be harmful to the community as a whole.

The issue is that it is difficult to pick and choose.

Gracius Maximus:
While it may be true in this particular instance, I do not support that mentality generally
Fair enough.

Gracius Maximus:
The issue is that it is difficult to pick and choose.
You have a point. Tbh though, anyone convicted of treason can't truly be trusted again (imo).

Back