Syrixia Creates an Artificial Intelligence

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
(OOC: All international responses are welcome! This RP is also going to cover the football game and the use of the AI in the government.)
SNN News:
snnheading.png

Syrixia Creates an Artificial Intelligence
AI created in Syrixia shown to the world today in Pataliputra
SNN News | Posted: March 18, 2016

Jibo.jpg

The new AI in a Syrixian home.

PATALIPUTRA, SYRIXIA- First, Guslantis created Ayuda; an AI that, as its name suggests, helps the nation and its government with its matters. Trinster's E.V.A. and Wolfsea's S.I.N.N.E. took it one step further; helping the war effort during the Second Great War and sitting at the negotiating table. Now, Syrixian private researchers in cooperation with the Imperial government have created perhaps the first AI the people can use too. This new AI once more pushes the boundaries of robotics technology. It can send reminders, connect to the Internet to order food, call friends, tell bedtime stories to the kids, and much more.

Many have called for the AI to be named, however it has simply been dubbed "R.H.B.", or Robotic Home Buddy, as the AI's creators encourage, and even mandated via the robot's programming, for the families that buy it to name it personally, so to form a close personal relationship with their new robotic friend. All this integration has led to some groups, such as the ultraconservative Rakanist union, Maanavata Ke Lie Ham Ladaee, or For Humanity We Fight, calling the breakthrough "too far" and "an abomination". However, the majority of the Syrixian people are very happy with these developments, and it has been rumored the Emperor has ordered an R.H.B. for the Golden Palace.

Economic pundits and experts report robotics and technology stocks have increased dramatically since the announcement; and consumer confidence is increasing. With the announcement, the field of robotics has opened up a slew of new jobs, which many are taking into consideration. There are also rumors that the upcoming association football game between the Pataliputra Lions and the Madras Bulls is going to have a R.H.B. unit as a guest announcer. For more on that game and the road to the League Championship, click here.

© Syrixia Broadcasting Corporation, 2015. All rights reserved.

guslantis_official_seal_zps5879d4d5.png

The Monarchy of Guslantis
"Simul stare ac pugnare"

The Monarchy of Guslantis, in accordance with copyright law and for infringement of the intellectual property of the Thomas Building Corporation and its affiliates, does hereby ban the sale of "Robotic Home Buddy", hereafter referred to as "RHB" in the Monarchy, and does reserve the right to confiscate this and similar bots produced by the Empire of Syrixia from any and all Syrixian citizens, or those who own these infringing bots upon entry of Guslantis in our Customs.

The Monarchy will not take any legal action, as there is no standing for us, but will continue to ban the product until an agreement is made between TBC and the Empire regarding the intellectual property of TBC and the creation of a bot similar to Ayuda.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter, and thank you for reading,

Monica Meetze
Guslantis Copyright Office Government Liaison

We of Sadakoyama are amused and astounded at the unmitigated hubris of the monarchy of Guslantis for daring to assert they own the idea for artificial intelligence. We have been working on similar technology for decades, we have probably terminated more Synthetic intelligences than both your peoples combined have alleged to have created, and we suspect, but do not claim, that elements of our research have influenced the products created by Guslantis and Syrixia, and possibly all such efforts on Eras.

Knowledge must be free. We urge our Guslant friends to drop these misguided efforts motivated solely by proffiteering.

First off I wish to congratulate the Syrixian team on their breakthrough, I know when my Sionne first gained awareness it was a proud day for me and my team at the Grand University of Veist. In the five years since the liberation of our country by the Khanate we have made considerable progress and hope your AI will continue to grow.

I would however redesign your interface system, whichI believe to be the main cause of the Thomas Building Corporation's copyright issue, we are willing to offer use of our holographic interface should the TBC continue to have issue with your current method of interface.

As for the Sadokahn claims, given your secretive nature I question exactly how any nation could have access to your research, let alone my own team.

I also would like to take the opportunity to thank Miss Burns and Ayuda for assisting in the upgrading of Sionne to be a much more user-friendly system, I look forward to our continuing work in the future.

Dr Akira Serizawa
Head of AI research and development, Grand University of Veist.

[img=400,95]http://s6.postimg.org/huzw9lbcx/Thomas_Ren.png[/img]

The scientist from Wolfsea is correct in their hypothesis, which is quite surprising that a nation known for its warriors actually figured out the basis of our copyright infringement before the so-called "scientific" nation of the world. It is no secret to us, nor the world, that the Empire of Syrixia has been using the LionNet, a GusNet-based service for use in its country since the latter part of GusNet 1.0's length of service, and was renewed alongside GusNet: Sovereign. This service has not been funded by TBC, and like E.V.A. and Sionne, we have helped guide the service as though it was our own. This winter, however, David Mitchell, who is coordinating the GusNet 2.0 Update, announced that only systems directly funded by TBC would be included in this update, which did not include the LionNet.

If we were claiming to own the rights to all bots, we would have taken legal action against both E.V.A. and Sionne, as they would be in violation as well, however, we are not, as artificial intelligence has been a concept spanning many decades, if not more than a century, on the minds of both scientists and authors of the science fiction alike. The issue we have with the creation of RHB is that it is not produced solely by a private corporation, but by assistance with the Empire and its resources, one of which is the LionNet.

This would normally not concern us, however, as the coup that originated in the Thomas Building showed, if a bot can perform Ayuda's commands and override the computer to let it into our system, the whole GusNet can be shut down, and worse, top-secret files of Guslantis could be leaked to the general public or taken by hackers. As the LionNet is at its core, very similar to the GusNet, we are sure if we examine the RHB, there will be traces of code that are similar, if not exactly the same to those of our original bot, Ayuda. We do not believe the Syrixian government purposely took pieces of code from Ayuda, however, we believe if the bot does use the LionNet for its connectivity, that for the best service, parts were reverse engineered in the exact same fashion as Ayuda connects to the GusNet.

We do not plan to take legal action against Syrixia, as we believe this was an honest mistake of its government, but, would like to ask that an investigation be done on these bots to determine their similarity to the bot, Ayuda, and if LionNet coding was used to produce the bots that will soon be in the homes of thousands of Syrixian families. If this code is found, we will then evaluate how we would like to proceed, as it could be a security risk to the Complex, Ayuda, or even to GusNet itself. Until that point, we will continue to ask the Copyright Office to keep the ban of these bots in place, and prevent another breach in our system from occurring.

Thank you for your time.

-Thomas Building Corporation and Ren Industries-
Headquartered in Pigletville, GU and Carrotopolis, GU

Back