Note from RP Moderation: Continued Subforum and NPTO Status?

St George

RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Is the NPTO still existent? If it is, is it active enough to continue warranting its own subforum? It was always the intention when the NPTO was reduced the first time that further reductions would occur in the future and so the RP Moderators team is keen to see whether this can be done.

Can NPTO members please advise within the next week, otherwise the RP Moderators will take action themselves.

I personally believe the NPTO to be defunct. I tried to reform it multiple times and save the NPTO, and all of them failed.

The NPTO subforum should be revoked.

We ought to get rid of all subforums for international organizations. Subforums make people think they're permanent, lasting institutions when they ought to be changed or reformed.

Speaking on NPTO, it should lose its subforum. However, as the RP Mod for Negotiations, I believe DU's subforum should be kept, as the management of Union have shown that it works best that way.

In fact TBH I'm half tempted to take over and handle reforms myself. The DU seem to thrive on backstabbing, ooh-I-Say! Snobbery and generally being a beaureaucratic country club for the fat, cowardly bores that make up its council. The region needs a politically neutral military force for peacekeeping, humanitarian and security purposes, one that is kept well out of the hands of Democrats and their petty bickering and voter-courting and the NPTO is the closest thing we have to that.

(Also thats not meant as a personal attack on RPers, I sort of drifted into character a bit, but my point is that the NPTO can be saved or reformed but it needs a total reset)

Wolfsea:
I agree with Kannex, international organisations should lose their subforums
Sticking to this. Perhaps all international organizations can have one common subforum, but I doubt we even need that.

Bootsie:
Speaking on NPTO, it should lose its subforum. However, as the RP Mod for Negotiations, I believe DU's subforum should be kept, as the management of Union have shown that it works best that way.
I like Bootsie's idea. International organizations should have subforums, but only if they deserve them. The DU has shown it deserves one, while in contrast the NPTO has failed spectacularly. I would not be surprised if the NPTO is eventually disbanded. In my eyes, it is a failure to emulate the DU, which is the original, and far better, organization.

Syrixia:
Bootsie:
I like Bootsie's idea. International organizations should have subforums, but only if they deserve them. The DU has shown it deserves one, while in contrast the NPTO has failed spectacularly. I would not be surprised if the NPTO is eventually disbanded. In my eyes, it is a failure to emulate the DU, which is the original, and far better, organization.
It was never meant to emulate the Democratic Union, so there's that.

EDIT: Actually, I disagree with my previous statement. I believe that NPTO can and will be revived. I'm up for the challenge and will work my hardest to prove to the RP Mod Team that it is worthy of a subforum. Sorry, I'm a hard-headed stubborn dude, I'm really feeling my inner General Akerman right now.

There has been a permissions error corrected. When the NPTO group became defunct, there became a lack of means for people to post to the Assembly.

That has been corrected for Residents and Citizens.

Lord Ravenclaw:
There has been a permissions error corrected. When the NPTO group became defunct, there became a lack of means for people to post to the Assembly.

That has been corrected for Residents and Citizens.
Given that this was, presumably, a major issue for new players, I for one am willing to extend the NPTO's twilight phase by a fortnight.

I don't think it should be decided whether or not certain international organizations "deserve" them. It's quite possible that such groups have their lifespans and time simply runs out, whether because of RP interest or structural integrity or some other matter.

Bootsie:
Syrixia:
Bootsie:
It was never meant to emulate the Democratic Union, so there's that.

EDIT: Actually, I disagree with my previous statement. I believe that NPTO can and will be revived. I'm up for the challenge and will work my hardest to prove to the RP Mod Team that it is worthy of a subforum. Sorry, I'm a hard-headed stubborn dude, I'm really feeling my inner General Akerman right now.
Good luck. I already tried. Let's see if the founder can do something I couldn't.

You've had your two weeks with no serious progress. For that reason the RP Moderation team has decided to archive this subforum.

Thank you. Those who have stood by me when I crazily decided to come up with this organization, those who have given me looks of pure confusion and or hate, and finally, those who continued to fight this organization's battle to the very end. This subforum may be leaving us, but this organization will not be dead. Due to Guslantis's open nature and desire for friendship, this organization will continue to take up Augustus Town, and offer goodwill to those who need it most.

Back