PROPOSAL: Revival of the NPTO

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
Just as I predicted, a vote was never held and infact the NPTO has completely frozen up. Nothing goes on. I personally believe this is our own fault for building it up too much and making it a pile of craziness that lagged the whole system up.

I propose we revert the NPTO back to what it originally was, and what it was originally intend to be (and what it thus have never should have stopped being). A small but powerful military and economic alliance.

I propose the following:

1. The NPTO will dissolve the Assembly and the NPTOPF, as well as the Offices of Chairman and Deputy Chairman. The NPTO will reorganize aesthetically as well, and make a new logo and flag.

2. These functions shall be replaced with with the Office of the Secretary-General, and the NPTO will decide on matters quickly and efficiently through simple conversation at an appointed place and/or time. The Secretary-General will make decisions based on the general consensus of this informal assembly during the discussion.

3. The NPTO will purge itself of all inactive members. The Charter will also be heavily amended. The remaining members will draft this amended charter and appoint, by election, the first Secretary-General. The Election Commissioner shall always be an active member of the NPTO and the role will move around depending on this factor.

4. The NPTO will be open to both the West and the East in order to be seen as what it should be: a global internationa alliance. Any decisions made by the NPTO will be strictly based on circumstance and will not be influenced by Western or Eastern influence and ideology.

5. NPTO headquarters will remain in Augustus Town, Guslantis.

Even though I am not a member of NPTO, I do agree with you in stripping things down to basics to make it easier to roleplay.

Just as I predicted, a vote was never held and infact the NPTO has completely frozen up. Nothing goes on. I personally believe this is our own fault for building it up too much and making it a pile of craziness that lagged the whole system up.
A vote on what?

I propose we revert the NPTO back to what it originally was, and what it was originally intend to be (and what it thus have never should have stopped being). A small but powerful military and economic alliance.
An alliance that was vilified. That is why we changed it so it was no longer aligned.

1. The NPTO will dissolve the Assembly and the NPTOPF, as well as the Offices of Chairman and Deputy Chairman. The NPTO will reorganize aesthetically as well, and make a new logo and flag.
The NPTOPF has already been abolished. And why would we dissolve the Assembly? It represents all the member nations. And what will adopting new symbols accomplish?

2. These functions shall be replaced with with the Office of the Secretary-General, and the NPTO will decide on matters quickly and efficiently through simple conversation at an appointed place and/or time. The Secretary-General will make decisions based on the general consensus of this informal assembly during the discussion.
So you're changing the name of the chief executive, and removing the function of voting on things. What is to compel this new Secretary-General to obey the will of the "consensus" without a formal vote?

3. The NPTO will purge itself of all inactive members. The Charter will also be heavily amended. The remaining members will draft this amended charter and appoint, by election, the first Secretary-General. The Election Commissioner shall always be an active member of the NPTO and the role will move around depending on this factor.
How will the charter be "heavily amended?" Bootsie and I already heavily amended it.

4. The NPTO will be open to both the West and the East in order to be seen as what it should be: a global internationa alliance. Any decisions made by the NPTO will be strictly based on circumstance and will not be influenced by Western or Eastern influence and ideology.
Strictly based on circumstance? The appropriate response to a circumstance will always be influenced by ideology. And for the last time, NPTO is not, and has never been an alliance. There has never been a collective defense agreement, and no other obligations toward other members.

plembobria:
A vote on what? What to do in Rhuvanland.

An alliance that was vilified. That is why we changed it so it was no longer aligned. And it was decided to change it into a messy amalgamation of bureaucracy and slow inefficiency?

The NPTOPF has already been abolished. And why would we dissolve the Assembly? It represents all the member nations. And what will adopting new symbols accomplish? (OOC: http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/topics_49178.htm)

So you're changing the name of the chief executive, and removing the function of voting on things. What is to compel this new Secretary-General to obey the will of the "consensus" without a formal vote? The Secretary-General exists as a figurehead and a moderator of meetings, among other things. The Secretary-General cannot just "not obey the will of the consensus".

How will the charter be "heavily amended?" Bootsie and I already heavily amended it. With these new factors of organization.

Strictly based on circumstance? The appropriate response to a circumstance will always be influenced by ideology. And for the last time, NPTO is not, and has never been an alliance. There has never been a collective defense agreement, and no other obligations toward other members. It was intended to be one. It has never been one because we, the members, went too far with it, and we need to fix this mess.

1. No proposals were offered.

2. We abolished half of the departments, and made it easier to apply. We didn't add to the bureaucracy at all. We reduced it.

3. Coming up with a "consensus acceptable to all" is going to take much longer than voting.

4. What's enforcement mechanism?

5. Nothing

6. No, it never was intended to, because it never was intended to. "Going too far" notwithstanding. We did not want an alliance, and we still do not want one. And if any military obligations are introduced into the Organization, the Kingdom of Plembobria will be packing its bags.

Then if this proposal cannot fix the NPTO's problems, I am curious to see what the honorable delegate from Plembobria thinks should be done to fix them.

At the moment, the Rose Forum is holding a large scale video conference with the governments of Kalti, Callaici and Andalucia over the proposed idea of the Rose Union declaring an armed neutrality. As such, they are indifferent to what happens to the NPTO (OOC: power over the NPTO has been vested entirely in Syrixia via PM due to the fact that I don't have access to the NPTO boards). However, we do view Syrixia's proposed changes as intriguing and something that could work out. Lastly, with the consensus style decision making, it might work, it might not... the only way to find out is to implement it in a trial run and see how it goes.

You are commenting in the NPTO boards. If you don't have access to them then you need to ask the leader of the NPTO joinable group to add you. Alternatively make an admin request.

mcmasterdonia:
You are commenting in the NPTO boards. If you don't have access to them then you need to ask the leader of the NPTO joinable group to add you. Alternatively make an admin request.
Probably should have been more clear. Access to this board is fine but not the NPTO Assembly board... makes it kind of hard to generate discussions, proposals and votes. Anyways, I made an admin request a while back and then messaged Nierr about it so the RP mods / admins are aware of the issue.

Back