January Update

2ztaxjc.jpg

Regional Forum

[img=60,50]https://i.imgur.com/20aT5cW.png[/img] NationStates Page [img=60,50]https://i.imgur.com/20aT5cW.png[/img] Regional IRC

Foreign Update: January 2016
Monarch: HIBM George VI | Prince-Consort: HIBH Anna I | Prince of Wales: Prince Victor​

His Majesty's Executive Government

Prime Minister: Fitzgerald Ravensdale
Deputy Prime Minister: Constantine Hesse
Home Secretary: Alexander Norfolk-Hanover
Foreign Secretary: Edward Windsor
Culture Secretary: Queen Anna I
Attorney Genera: John Hanover

WA Delegate: Proxy JURIS
Supreme Court of The Kingdom of Great Britain
Lord Chief Justice: Nathaniel Lancaster
Sr. High Court Justice: Charles Lancaster
High Court Justice: Owen Hesse

[c]
17th Imperial Parliament
The House of Lords
Anna Hanover, The Queen
Victor Lancaster, Prince of Wales
Constantine Hesse, the Prince Royal
Charles Lancaster, The Duke of York and Westminster
Rose Hanover, Duke of Calais
John Hanover, Duke of Norfolk

The House of Commons
Fitzgerald of Northern England (IND)
Uncle Churchill of The Midlands (CON)
Alexander Norfolk-Hanover of Southern England (WHIG)
Edward Windsor of Scotland (CON)
Seanzyland of Wales (CON)
Ervald Grox of Northern France (WHIG)
Owen Hesse of Southern France (CON)

ImageVaultHandler.aspx.jpg
[c]In mid-January, Prime Minister John Hanover tendered his resignation, believing that war time Britain would need a new leader with more experience in regards to NS Warfare. As a result, the General Election was called for and candidates took to the Hustings. At the beginning, the Whigs nominated Queen Anna I as their Party Leader, however, soon after she pulled out of the election to devote more time to her duties as Queen. To replace the Queen as Party Leader, Alexander Norfolk-Hanover stood for Party Leader and ran as the Whig Prime Ministerial Candidate. On the other side of the 'aisle', the Conservatives were having a harder time picking a party leader. With Constantine Hesse not running for the leadership a new internal party election for Party Leader had to be held. The Conservatives also held another internal election in which Edward Windsor was elected Chairman. At the end of the Party Leadership election, no one had run and so it was decided that the Conservatives would, instead of having their own prime ministerial candidate, support Fitzgerald Ravensdale, the independent candidate. Fitzgerald entered the election at an early stage and was running as an independent for the office of Prime Minister, focusing on a campaign which united all parties so that a united effort could be made to tackle war time problems. In the end, these were the results for the General Election (elected candidates in bold):

Edward Windsor - Conservative Party - 23 (14.5%)
Owen Hesse - Conservative Party - 22 (13.8%)
Fitzgerald - IND - 21 (13.2%)
Alexander Norfolk-Hanover - Whig - 20 (12.6%)
Seanzyland - Conservative Party - 19 (11.9%)
Ervald Grox - Whig -17 (10.7%)
Uncle Churchill - Conservative Party - 15 (9.4%)

Arthur Pendragon Hanover - Whig - 12 (7.5%)
Randolph Churchill - Conservative Party - 10 (6.3%)

With the conclusion of the General Election, the Prime Ministerial Confirmation vote took place in which Fitzgerald Ravesdale won the nomination for Prime Minister with a unanimous vote from both Houses of Parliament. Owen Hesse was also made Speaker of the Commons and the King invited Queen Anna I, the Prince Royal, the Duke of York and Westminister, the Duke of Calais and the Duke of Norfolk to the House of Lords to join His Royal Highness, Prince Victor I, Prince of Wales.

DDvHFWl.png

Office of The Prime Minister
A Whole New World

Hello friends, family, and fellow citizens,

I'm sure that some of you have been not so patiently awaiting this speech, worried about what is to come and what will be in this time of unbalance and uncertainty. I was elected here with the support of both parties in Parliament and, more importantly, by your votes with the belief that I could guide us through this war we come upon and the uncertainty that lies within. It is with that in mind that we start this term, united together against a common enemy for a common cause to better our region and grow it beyond where it sits now.

Now, I won't go into some massive speech outlining everything that I plan to do as I've done that in both my debate and my campaign. I won't lay each and every step of our path before you in the hope that it will build your confidence. That has to come from within. All I will do, and ask for, is that none of you give up fighting. Together we can shape this region and make it into what it needs to become in order to grow. We can rebuild a Culture Ministry that has lost its driving force, we can weather one of the largest Foreign Affairs storms we've ever faced, and we can even pass laws that ensure our intellectual property is properly represented in our law index. I know this like I know you. From our King to the newest of members, we are fighters. Regardless of what has been thrown at us and said about us we have pushed through it unabashed towards the new day.

Today I form a government made up of people I've served alongside for longer than I can remember and of people I have only just had the pleasure of meeting. I have faith in them all and in their ability to fight against whatever obstacle comes their way. However, they will need more than themselves. As individually talented as we might be, we cannot do any of this alone. I call on each and every one of you reading this speech to sign up for a Ministry in the coming days. The Culture Ministry is faltering, it needs your help to grow a regional culture where everyone can feel at home. The Foreign Ministry is coming upon a hard term, it needs new minds and new ambassadors to help shape its foreign policy. The Home Office needs help with its stamp drive. We need minds able to help provide the insight into the law required to properly govern so please educate yourself to be of use to the Attorney General. We can do this, my friends, if we only pitch in to help the team.

Okay, no more wait I suppose. Ladies and Gentleman, I'd like to introduce to you my team, our team, that will help put this region where it needs to be.

Deputy Prime Minister: Constantine Hesse
Home Secretary: Alexander Norfolk-Hanover
Foreign Secretary: Edward Windsor
Culture Secretary: Queen Anna
Attorney General: John Hanover

As has been said, each has a willingness to fight for this region's success that I find invaluable to our coming term. I hope all of you join with me in helping them to achieve greatness moving forward.

25px-Order_of_Saint_Michael_%28heraldry%29.svg.png
Rt. Hon. Fitzgerald Solomon Ravensdale
Prime Minister of The Kingdom of Great Britain​

[img=255,120]http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Images/College-ArtsLaw-only/law/news/2012/510-supreme-court-1.jpg[/img]​
[c] Since November, the Supreme Court has seen a few changes within its ranks. Veteran Senior Associate Justice Henry Beaumont retired from the bench which led to the ascension of Charles Lancaster, long standing member of the Supreme Court, to the position of Senior Associate Justice. With Charles becoming Sr. Associate Justice, the Jr. Associate Justice position was to be filled and it was quickly decided that Owen Hesse, former Attorney General, would be appointed to the bench. Upon Owen's acceptance, he was made the Junior Associate Justice of the Kingdom of Great Britain's Supreme Court; joining an institution which has seen many experts of the law pass through its hallowed halls.

The Supreme Court is now reviewing plans to hold mock trails to increase interest in the law throughout the region. With former plans to hold mock trials gaining major support from the population but soon after falling through, there are hopes that this time the support will continue and as a result, the mock trials will go ahead.

Minionsad.gif
[c] In January, Great Britain was hit hard when Sacul Astoria, the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, announced that he would be leaving the Culture Ministry at the beginning of the new term. Sacul Astoria, the region's longest serving Minister has been Culture Minister for over one and a half years and has entirely reformed the Culture Ministry. Sacul has also led the Ministry through an era of glory and activity with it hosting numerous festivals and continuing to boost regional activity and morale. Many Britons are still mourning the fact that Sacul is no longer Culture Secretary, however, there are high hopes for his successor, Her Majesty Queen Anna, who has, throughout her time in Great Britain, dedicated herself to Great Britain and the Culture Department. The Queen has also been a long serving member of the Aurors (Culture Ministry employees) and embodies many of the great qualities of Great Britain. Already Queen Anna is preparing projects for the term ahead.

[img=310,200]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01884/official-wedding-3_1884416b.jpg[/img]​
[c] On the 17th January, 2016, His Imperial Britannic Majesty King George VI wed the Lady Anna Renaldi of Italy. The Wedding was held at Westminister Abbey and was presided over by His Holiness Cardinal-Archbishop Richard Alexander Louis. Those which attended wished the happy couple many years of joy and happiness as they lead Great Britain into a new era of glory, prosperity and happiness. Upon the conclusion of the wedding ceremony, the Lady Anna became Her Imperial Britannic Majesty, Queen Anna I of Great Britain and her territories beyond the seas.

Key dates:
  • 29.12.2015 - Engagement Announced
  • 11.01.2016 - Writ of Royalty for the Lady Anna
  • 17.01.2016 - The Royal Wedding

175px-Foreign_and_Commonwealth_Office_Logo.svg.png

This Update has been brought to you by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office under the authority of the Office of the Prime Minister of Great Britain.

We, at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, would like to thank you for your continued cooperation with the Kingdom of Great Britain.

Thank you.

Back