November Update

2ztaxjc.jpg

Regional Forum

[img=60,50]https://i.imgur.com/20aT5cW.png[/img] NationStates Page [img=60,50]https://i.imgur.com/20aT5cW.png[/img] Regional IRC

Foreign Update: November 2015
Monarch: HIBM George VI | Prince-Consort: HIBH Francis I | Prince of Wales: Prince Victor​

His Majesty's Executive Government

Prime Minister: John Hanover
Deputy Prime Minister: Francis Hanover
Home Secretary: Charles Lancaster
Foreign Secretary: Edward Windsor
Culture Secretary: Sacul Astoria
Attorney Genera: Owen Hesse

WA Delegate: Proxy JURIS
Supreme Court of The Kingdom of Great Britain
Lord Chief Justice: Nathaniel Lancaster
Sr. High Court Justice: Henry Beaumont
High Court Justice: Charles Lancaster

[c]
16th Imperial Parliament
The House of Lords
Charles IX Lancaster, Grand Duke of England
Akillian Talleyrand, Grand Duke of France
Sacul Astoria, Grand Duke of Italy
Arthur Hanover, Duke of Perth
Richard Steward, Marquess of Cholmondeley

The House of Commons
Edward Windsor of England (CON)
John Hanover of Scotland (WHIG)
Nyx Lancaster-Astoria of Wales (WHIG)
Constantine Hesse of Ireland (CON)
Owen Hesse of France (CON)
Anne Renaldi of Italy (WHIG)
Francis Hanover of Germany (WHIG)

3a5e8805adee15cf42a211a8b29f186f.jpg

Members of the enormous Hanover Family try to squeeze onto the balcony for the 'balcony kiss'. Not all members could fit.
[c]The Royal Wedding of HIBM King George VI and HIBH Prince-Consort Francis I took place on the 12th of November. The wedding was celebrated across the Empire as citizens took part in garden parties, street parties and bonfires to celebrate the wedding, a wedding which many people were expecting even though the King has gone through a rather unstable relationship phase over the course of the past year. The Royal Wedding has seen the Monarchy become even more stable as Francis' and the King's relationship has been a steady and constant one which the region has fallen in love watching. The wedding itself saw some technical difficulties, the largest difficulty was the balcony kiss. The kiss itself wasn't the problem. Instead, the issue was with the size of the Hanover family. Being one of the largest families in NationStates, it is often hard to get them all to be in the same room for a minute, getting them onto a balcony was even harder. Unfortunately, due to the sheer size of the family, not everyone could get on. Notable members who were not on the balcony were HIBM the King and Prince Consort, who were later found in their private chambers by the unfortunate servant.

2II6Di2.png
VS
A0S8tdz.png

Conservatives battle against the Whigs in the November 2015 General Election!
[c]The November 2015 election was expected to be a breeze for the Tories this term as many expected the Hanover Premiership to continue for a second term. Prime Minister Constantine had a succesful term and no opposition had arisen. The Tories posted their campaigns and the election occured with a few independents running as well. At the end of the election, the tories had won their seats with a comfortable majority, however, it was short lived. Flaws in the new electoral process meant that voters could vote in elections that weren't in their constituencies. The error in the electoral process meant that the Royal Electoral Commission had to call for a new election. The next election was a different story altogether. After the electoral mishap in the first attempt, John Hanover rallied supporters with his new Whig Party. The Whigs immediately dived into the new election and had candidates for almost all of the available seats in the Commons. The election was now more intense and there were fierce debates between Tories and Whigs. The election ended with the following results:

England: [c] Scotland: [c] Wales: [c] Ireland: [c] France: [c] Italy: [c] Germany: [c] Edward Windsor (C) (70%)
Abstain (30%)[c] John Hanover (W) (65%)
Churchill/Timelords (C) (15%)
Cameron Harrison (IND) (20%)[c] Madline Hesse (C) (50%)
Abstain (50%)[c] Abstain (62.5%)
Constantine Hanover (C) (37.5%)[c] Abstain (55.6%)
Owen Hesse (C) (44.4%)[c] Anna Renaldi (W) (61.1%)
Abstain (38.9%)[c] Francis (W) (66.7%)
Ervald Windsor-Astoria (D) (33.3%)
However, the battle was not yet one. The Prime Ministerial Confirmation then begun with Constantine Hanover putting his name forward for re-appointment and John Hanover putting his name forward. With a Tory majority, Constantine was expected to return to 10 Downing Street for a second term, however, when the votes were cast it wasn't as simple as that. Three of the four Tories voted for Constantine and all three Whigs voted for John. The final vote rested with Edward Windsor, a Conservative MP. However, too the surprise of many, Edward did not vote for his party leader and instead cast his vote for John Hanover. This resulted in the Whigs forming a Government whilst the Conservatives were the largest party in Parliament. Edward later told reporters that he voted for the Whig Candidate due to the number of abstain votes against the Conservative Party. The result of the surprising Prime Ministerial Confirmation was Constantine Hanover resigning from the Conservative Party and the Lords approving the confirmation of John Hanover as Prime Minister. A spat then occured between the MP for Wales and the MP for Italy, resulting in Madaline Sebastine (Welsh MP) deleting her account and thus resigning her seat. Constantine later rescinded his resignation and was appointed Speaker of the Commons. Madaline's resignation resulted in a Welsh by-election in which Nyx Lancaster-Astoria (Whig) was elected MP for Wales, unapposed, therefore making the Whigs the Majority Party in Parliament.

DDvHFWl.png

Office of The Prime Minister
Cabinet Appointments and First Speech

Citizens of the Empire,

I am happy to have been selected by my fellow Members of Parliament and Lords as the new Prime Minister of our fair region. My first act, of course, is to announce the new cabinet.

HSDH Francis Hanover has accepted the post of Deputy Prime Minister and will be acting as my Director of Legislative Affairs during my tenure. Mr. Hanover has a crack legislative mind and shall be assisting me in leading from the front.

HSDH Charles Lancaster has been so kind as to accept the position of Home Secretary. Through the Home Ministry I hope to address all concerns regarding recruitment and of course citizenship, through him.

Edward Windsor shall be acting as Foreign Minister this term. He has a variety of experience in this role and shall begin presently.

Sacul Astoria has been so kind as to resume the post of Culture Secretary. Sacul masterminded the brilliant Halloween event we had here in KGB and it was well done, and I am delighted that he is returning.

Owen Hesse is another returning face in the new cabinet. He shall be coming back as Attorney General.

You may notice that there are both Whig, Independent, and Tory members in my government. As I am the current leader of a coalition between the Whig and Tory parties, it is important for you all to know that I intend to be as bipartisan as possible, but it’s a two way street. The election is over, and we MUST get down to governing. Two months isn’t a long time, and it’s the holidays. Be respectful of me, and I’ll be respectful of you.

25px-Order_of_Saint_Michael_%28heraldry%29.svg.png
Rt. Hon. John Hanover
Prime Minister of The Kingdom of Great Britain​

[img=350,172]https://www.electoralreform.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/hero_image/public/westminster_0.jpg?itok=Tet6w62f[/img]​
[c]The November 2015 was to be the inaugural use of the new Electoral System in Great Britain. New laws had been passed which layed the foundation for a new Royal Electoral Commission as well as a more enhanced constituency ballot system. The new system would have Citizens of Constituents only being able to vote in their Constituencies and people who wanted to run for Parliament could only run for their Constituency. This was a step towards the real life electoral system in the United Kingdom. However, the system fell through during the November 2015 election which meant an emergency had to be held with an Imperial Decree being used to ensure that the emergency election could take place. Now, lawmakers in both the Lords and Commons are repealing the new Electoral Reform Acts and are pathing the way back to the old system.

Back