Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
So I found this: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8134973&t=7179546

I was milling around and I found that. I'd certainly like to see the Fiqh return, but the Temple of Flemingovia has moved to Osiris. This poses a problem.

Mainly that the Fiqh was awesome and we should make some sort of new thing like the Fiqh because reasons. I mean, we are having an aesthetic overhaul happen soon due to the passed bill. This is the perfect time!

Who's with me? :w00t:

That seems a bit weird in itself. If things that work don't belong in TNP, we should take it upon ourselves to change that.

in TNP a functional trial is about as rare as a good hair day for Donald Trump. But that is the way people seem to like it.

If you think about it for a moment, taking a legal system from real-life South Carolina and cut and pasting it into a forum and expecting it to serve a text-based political simulation is rather dumb.

A few people, myself included, over the years have tried to work imaginatively within the system, but it is a bit like trying to unscrew a screw with a hammer. the system is not fit for purpose.

But the system will remain, and suggestions like yours will be politely ignored or shot down in flames. Why? As I said, because people like it. It allows them to make long, self-important posts with numerous bullet points, topped by an impressive looking seal. And that is the point, really. it is pretentious crap, but it fills a void.

That is why a simpler system like the Fiqh will never get a look in in TNP. And why i gave up on it.

Back