Esplandia

Factbook Addict
-
TNP Nation
Esplandia
Discord
esplandia
Hello everyone,

If any of you have read my factbook entries you'll know I'm big on writing a detailed history of my nation. What I'm looking to do is intertwine my nation's history with the rest of Eras. To start I was wondering if any nations would have been interested in royal marriages with the rulers of Esplandia for the sake of past alliances. Below are a list of kings of Esplandia that could have married a member of a ruling family at some point.

Irwin I (1607-1618)
Cedric 'the Great' (1618-1648)
Henry I (1648-1663)
Edwin 'the Black' (1701-1736)
Henry 'the Lion' (1736-1763)
Irwin II (1763-1786)
Sherwin III (1786-1838)
Cedric II (1838-1841)
Irwin III (1841-1879)
Henry III (1879-1904)
Catheryn I (1904-1952)
Edwin II (1952-1988)

I also have various princes and princesses that could also be married off that I could provide more information about to those interested.

Marriages would likely mean an alliance with Esplandia which would entangle my nation in your politics and wars directly and indirectly as you'd see fit.

I think before the invasion, Rajesh's father, Akbar IX, could perhaps marry that time's King's sister or something. He'd spend a lot of time with her, and Rajesh would come to have contempt for Esplandia, saying they "have taken away my father and caused the Crown to become weak and prone to influence." Once he was crowned, this would give him a reason to attack Esplandia. He would want revenge for what Esplandia indirectly did, or at least what he rashly presumed they indirectly did out of hate.

For a Vazosi noble to marry an alindulo would be scandalous, to say the least. This is as true today as it was in 1607. Sorry. :/

Vazos:
For a Vazosi noble to marry an alindulo would be scandalous, to say the least. This is as true today as it was in 1607. Sorry. :/
I don't know if I should feel insulted. :lol:

Syrixia:
I think before the invasion, Rajesh's father, Akbar IX, could perhaps marry that time's King's sister or something. He'd spend a lot of time with her, and Rajesh would come to have contempt for Esplandia, saying they "have taken away my father and caused the Crown to become weak and prone to influence." Once he was crowned, this would give him a reason to attack Esplandia. He would want revenge for what Esplandia indirectly did, or at least what he rashly presumed they indirectly did out of hate.
I like what we have for the reason Rajesh invaded. Maybe there can be a marriage more towards the end of the occupation as Esplandia is driving you out. It could be an attempt to broker peace and retain your holdings.

Esplandia:
Syrixia:
I like what we have for the reason Rajesh invaded. Maybe there can be a marriage more towards the end of the occupation as Esplandia is driving you out. It could be an attempt to broker peace and retain your holdings.
I honestly don't really like the reason: "because empire". It seems lazy, plus Syrixians of that time were not just landgrubbing barbarians. A casus belli is needed.

Though I do agree in a sense. Perhaps the lack of attention paid to politics by Rajesh's father could lead to hate, and Rajesh would clamor for an opportunity. Perhaps he manipulated Henry without Henry knowing into going to Syrixia and used his pleas as further justification for his casus belli?

Dallicania would've probably supported the independence campaign of its northern neighbor in the 16th century, hence there might be a marriage between the royal family of Dallicania and Esplandia. Probably with Cedric 'the Great'? (It could've been a betrothal.)

In addition, I'm still open to marriage alliances with other monarchs down the line, but I think I need to have my own king list first. ;)

Didn't you intend for Esplandia to be involved in the McMasterdonian Empire? If so, perhaps an early marriage would make sense. As it could facilitate that transition from imperial rule to independence. If not that's fine, but I'm sure we can work out some royal marriages at some point.

I think the royal families could have married, and I'm open to suggestions, but I am interested in one of the following kings as possibilities. I'll look into the history you've provided. Possible marriage points:

Henry I (1648-1663)

Edwin II (1952-1988)

Ceretis:
I think the royal families could have married, and I'm open to suggestions, but I am interested in one of the following kings as possibilities. I'll look into the history you've provided. Possible marriage points:

Henry I (1648-1663)

Edwin II (1952-1988)
I have a family tree up in my factbook you could look at as well. Most names on there are generic and changeable. I can suggest Edwin 'the Black' or his son Henry 'the Lion' as I am still working on their parts of my history and perhaps it could form an alliance.

Having looked these over a bit more, I would be interested in Cedric 'the Great' (1618-1648), Edwin 'the Black' (1701-1736), or Edwin II (1952-1988). Emphasis on the last two as it seems they have interesting history and their history are still to be formalized. I would like it if there was the formation of an alliance / tie between our nations.

Syrixia:
Esplandia:
Syrixia:
I honestly don't really like the reason: "because empire". It seems lazy, plus Syrixians of that time were not just landgrubbing barbarians. A casus belli is needed.

Though I do agree in a sense. Perhaps the lack of attention paid to politics by Rajesh's father could lead to hate, and Rajesh would clamor for an opportunity. Perhaps he manipulated Henry without Henry knowing into going to Syrixia and used his pleas as further justification for his casus belli?
Le bjümp

Ceretis:
Having looked these over a bit more, I would be interested in Cedric 'the Great' (1618-1648), Edwin 'the Black' (1701-1736), or Edwin II (1952-1988). Emphasis on the last two as it seems they have interesting history and their history are still to be formalized. I would like it if there was the formation of an alliance / tie between our nations.
I just recently posted the first part of Edwin the Black's history if you want to read that. It would make you an ally in our war against Syrixia's occupation. If you chooses Edwin II you would be our ally in the Talamnic War which was fought to overthrow the communist government in Tajis (I haven't worked out all the details of his life yet).

Syrixia:
Syrixia:
Esplandia:
Syrixia:

Le bjümp
Maybe Henry promised Rajesh the hand of one of his daughters, which would give him a direct claim on the throne of Esplandia if Henry was out of the way. I can even say he brought her with him when he fled the kingdom and they could have been married before the invasion.

Esplandia:
Syrixia:
Syrixia:
Esplandia:
Syrixia:

Le bjümp
Maybe Henry promised Rajesh the hand of one of his daughters, which would give him a direct claim on the throne of Esplandia if Henry was out of the way. I can even say he brought her with him when he fled the kingdom and they could have been married before the invasion.
I can do with that.

Take any Kannexan princess you want. I'm eh with royal plotlines but having the Kaiser's family be related to everyone else seems neat.

mcmasterdonia:
You didn't respond to my earlier post about this :p
I was waiting on you to write up your history. *Crosses fingers behind back*

Undoubtably their was intermarriage between our nations. I was even thinking early on most rulers of the Duchy of Valdayne (Esplandia before it was Esplandia) would have been Kianese (that's the name of your empire, right?), and eventually would have married with powerful native leaders. Sherwin I would have been Hastfratic (the dominant people in Valdayne) and Kianese with ties to the empire.

Kannex:
Take any Kannexan princess you want. I'm eh with royal plotlines but having the Kaiser's family be related to everyone else seems neat.
How about a prince instead? They could have married Catheryn I, the first female ruler. She reigned 1904-1952, but would have likely married earlier.

Esplandia:
Kannex:
How about a prince instead? They could have married Catheryn I, the first female ruler. She reigned 1904-1952, but would have likely married earlier.
Sounds good. My royal house is called Niemza. Likely a cousin of the royal line.

The Bustos Family would have married other royals of TNP. While this would certainly create friendly relations, no political alliances would result from the marriage alone.

If that is your goal, then nvm. If not, lets talk babies. :yes:

Bustos:
The Bustos Family would have married other royals of TNP. While this would certainly create friendly relations, no political alliances would result from the marriage alone.

If that is your goal, then nvm. If not, lets talk babies. :yes:
A marriage would be possible but without an alliance it would be with a cousin or some other low ranking noble.

@Wolsea: how about a member of the Royal house runs off to fight with the Wolvesh, having heard the tales of their prowess. Eventually he could marry into the family and stayed in Wolfsea.

Wolfsea:
I likey the sound of that
How about Zachary de Halcon, youngest son of King Irwin II, would have likely traveled to Wolfsea between 1760 and 1770. I'll let you decide what happened while he was there. Who would he have married? (so I can add her to my family tree)

Esplandia:
A marriage would be possible but without an alliance it would be with a cousin or some other low ranking noble.
Sure! Could create a minor house within the Bustos Family if the marriage brings the cousin or low ranking noble to the Allied States.

Esplandia:
Wolfsea:
I likey the sound of that
How about Zachary de Halcon, youngest son of King Irwin II, would have likely traveled to Wolfsea between 1760 and 1770. I'll let you decide what happened while he was there. Who would he have married? (so I can add her to my family tree)
Well he could marry Princess Sasha, the then Khan's younger sister. She was a cavalry officer.

Syrixia:
Esplandia:
Syrixia:
Syrixia:
Esplandia:
Syrixia:

Le bjümp
I can do with that.
Hey Syrixia, I updated my history to reflect this. Rajesh I married Henry's daughter Bethany. So technically any son that they had could claim the kingship of Esplandia by birthright.

@Bustos: I'm still trying to decide who I would be able to marry off, so Ill get back to you.

Kannex:
Esplandia:
Kannex:
Sounds good. My royal house is called Niemza. Likely a cousin of the royal line.
What would be the name of the gentleman who marries Catherine I. Also their title and relationship to your monarch. I want to add them to my family tree.

@Bustos: How about Violet Hambleton de Dracosta, niece to King Edwin II? The Marriage would have taken place around 1940 when Catheryn I was still queen.

Esplandia:
@Bustos: How about Violet Hambleton de Dracosta, niece to King Edwin II? The Marriage would have taken place around 1940 when Catheryn I was still queen.
Sounds good...Right now I am thinking she could actually marry the Grand Duke of the time and be the mother of the current Grand Duke. Thus we'd be very friendly towards your nation.

I'll have to work up proper names for them and an exact date, or year at least, of their marriage.

Bustos:
Does Violet Hambleton de Dracosta have a title?
Countess of Redstone.

Redstone is located in the Gothelif Province. It's just north-east of the City of Gothelif, located in the mountains. It's well known for its red wine. The county is named after the Redstone Castle which gets its name from the color of the stones used to build it. The castle was the Single most strategically important fortress of the Kingdom of Gothelif, serving as its easternmost bastion as well as guarding the pass into the Kingdom proper.

(Just a little extra info I thought you might like)

1942: Grand Duke Markus, the Seventh of Bustos marries Grand Duchess Violet Hambleton de Dracosta, Countess of Redstone, niece to King Edwin II of Esplandia.

Back