MOTION: Suspend Guslantis

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
(OOC: This meeting is held in secret. Guslantis was not invited, for obvious reasons, and thus Bootsie may not post.)

MOTION: Suspend Guslantis from the North Pacific Treaty Organization, move the official NPTO headquarters, and condemn the new government

INFORMATION: A coup has seized power in Guslantis, suspending democracy in the once great nation. The Guslant Empire, as the coupers call the country, has threatened to bomb the NPTO headquarters if the international community does not obey their will. On top of this, they have acted openly evil, and the Syrixian Empire believes that they must be suspended and the NPTO headquarters moved for the sake of NPTO's safety and integrity. Guslantis has considerable power in the organization that they could use for ulterior purposes.

This is foolish. It is only necessary that we continue to recognize the legitimate government of Guslantis.

They are the ones represented here, not representatives of the Empire. The NPTO should, and must, support the legitimate government, and encourage its restoration to power.

We must send a clear message that we support the Monarchy of Guslantis, and abhore the Empire.

It is utterly foolish to suspend the Monarchy when they are most needed by us now.

This proposal was intended to suspend the Empire as it currently controls Guslantis and thus could possibly legally argue that they are a member. I obviously do not think working with the legitimate government of Guslantis to reinstate the Monarchy is out of the question.

The Monarchy is a member of the NPTO. The Empire would have to apply to join. I have no doubt at all that the chair would reject such an application.

Good. However, let us not end the discussion here. As you can tell, we've evacuated the NPTO HQ as requested by Ms. Burns. A provisional HQ is ready for use in Jaipur; what do you think about moving there until the Monarchy is restored?

She requested an evacuation? When? I was not informed of this. That said, any such action must be approved by the chair. (Who surrenders no power to you until he fails to post for 24 hours.)

(Per Plem's post, Syrixia you have to wait twenty-four hours past this event happening without me posting in order to not supersede my authority as Chair. As such, I just got home for the evening and am in the process of making dinner. A formal statement from the Chair of the NPTO, who is currently in Kalti discussing matters of international policy with The Forum, will be forthcoming later this evening.)

((Don't worry, we passed that. I made a post in Defense of Plembobria about the whole thing. :D ))

Back