[IC] The Beginning of a Relation [Closed]

Felis

TNPer
It was grey outside. Ulurq had left Lara only a single week after the Auburn Festival, him and Lara needed a break from their differing opinions and the stress that came with managing one of the weakest, most desperate nations in the region. Rain, again. Lara's own mind was in a twist, an endless cyclone of horrors that were soon approaching Cronaal, she'd received news of sirens blasting out in the streets of Randeen, the tsunami warnings, and was constantly being told that Cronaal was on the brink of famine. Cronaal was falling to pieces and she just couldn't cope, there was near-to-no government and public morale was dropping by the day, people emigrating as fast as they could. The rain was getting stronger, more persistent. The growing list of issues and problems was beginning to push on Lara, trying to tear her to pieces and destroy her and was beginning to hurt her own sanity.

Thunder could be heard now. Lara was leaning over a large stack of paperwork, mainly detailing the last communications had with Randeen. She was crying now, the third city in waste and ruins and hundreds of miles of farmland probably destroyed or damaged. Then she remembered, it was definite now, famine. A pending starvation was going to consume Cronaal soon, a living apocalypse that she could not stop. It all became so overwhelming for her, gravity felt stronger and it pulled her from to chair onto the ground, her arms pulling stacks of paperwork down with her. Lara laid there, on her side on the floor, tears of discontent and fear streaming from her eyes whilst she gave out faint sobs. A voice kept telling her demeaning, insulting things.

Her desk gave out a vibration, at consistent few-second intervals, a small, robotic voice spoke out of the phone.
"Incoming call from Auel Vist!" It called out at Lara, she abruptly stopped her sobbing and hurriedly sat up, then reaching for the phone and answering the call.
"Hello, Lara here."

Auel Vist was a key challenger of Alfred Nursson's policies. The Prime Minister was often called "the Bulldog" due to his preference for direct action. When faced with a war, Syrixia's action was direct. When faced with an economic crisis, it was direct as well. Auel, however, was more clever in his politics. He often got more stuff done in his Ministry than Alfred did in Parliament, and he did what he did in a way everyone was happy with. Except for the Great War. Alfred wanted Syrixia to help its allies in some way, and even to resort to direct fighting should Syrixia be openly declared war on, which was done by the Provincial State of Cronaal. Auel, meanwhile, whose popularity was soaring while Alfred's was slowly declining, always had wanted to talk to the NPTO Peacekeeping Forces to stop the conflict as well as to provide humanitarian aid to those in conflict, instead of weaponry.

Ever since her inauguration, Lara Kray had infatuated the Minister of Defense. Their policies were extremely similar. Both wanted their nation to go green, as well as keep peace on Eras. But it wasn't just about politics. Lara was also beautiful. Charming, cheery, and beautiful. Auel could not get her out of his head. So, one fateful day, he made the call which could change both Cronaal and Syrixia; a call that would start a relationship that would become the embodiment of peace on Eras. "Hey, Lara. It's me, Auel." he said, in a charming, but not too charming, voice. "I want to help you. I've seen all the terrible things that happened because of the economic crisis." He stopped for a moment, before continuing. "Alfred doesn't want to help you, but I do. I never liked his policies, to be honest. What I wanted was a Syrixia that achieved power through wealth, not through military hegemony."

He continued. "I wanted a Syrixia that embraces peace on Eras and uses wind farms, geothermal energy, and hydroelectric power instead of nuclear power plants. A Syrixia with a reduced military and with more industry, more tourism, more greatness through means where no one has to die on a battlefield. I want battlefields to be a thing of the past. Listen, Lara; out of all the leaders on this planet, it's clear you have the same interests as I do. What if we helped each other? Together?"

Lara raised her eyebrow.
"You're Syrixian, yet you speak not like the vile pig you are and like a sensitive being. You want something." Lara replied, he voice sounding frail yet seemingly powerful; an attempt to not sound ridiculous with an opinion that was was unable to match to a voice. Lara was an avid hater of the Syrixian people, racist almost, like a growing majority of Cronaal, they blamed the Syrixians for their recent troubles: Eden Hall's death, acting too fast and causing Diana do destroy Smithworks in self defense, allowing this to lead on and have the Nebulans attempt to annex South Cronaal. It was all too much for the people, their blame and hatred misdirected and ill-thought out. Still, they were violently public about their hatred and discontent towards the Syrixians that were hundreds of miles south, basking in the sunlight with their tropical coasts and plateaus whilst destroying lives of those worse off.

Lara was intrigued though, knowing Auel and Nursson were competitors. She knew Alfred Nursson was 'the Bulldog', he certainly looked like one too, because of his incredibly direct force and ways, he refused to think about what he was doing and just did it; doing this had grave consequences, both on his own popularity and on the people he's effected with such idiotic behaviour. She also knew that Syrixia was mostly green, as in using renewable resources, and that Auel wanted to fully move onto Green power and this was one of the few, little things that Lara supported.

Auel expected this response. Calmly smiling, he said, "That. That right there, Lara. Your hatred for my people. Our government has done so many incessantly stupid things because of the Bulldog. In a postwar world, such a person is not needed, nor do I and many Syrixians want him to be needed. He is a war machine, and the war is over; but apparently no one told the machine. I'm going to turn off the machine. I'm going to get him out of office." He stopped for a brief moment to let it all sink in, before continuing, "So, yes. In a sense, I do want something. I want to bring my country back to the way it was but with more. I'm going to give Syrixia green power. I will reduce the military to 300,000. I will promote industry and get Syrixia back on its feet and out of Nursson's war shadow."

He continued, "I see troubles in Cronaal as well. Farmlands are abandoned, cities decaying, relations suspended...is this not too much? What has this war, this depression, done to us? It has poisoned our world. Lara, we are the antidote. You and I can bring change. We can get the Bulldog out of office, save the Syrixian and Cronaali economies, and reforge trust between our peoples, trust that never should have ended in the first place but did because of Nursson's rash, idiotic actions. I offer you the olive branch of peace, friendship and assistance. Especially friendship." Auel was not sure Lara would accept, but he was going to try anyway. Little did he know that far away in northeastern Syrixia, the very man he hated was already about to leave office. Not, however, because of resignation, but because of death.

Lara brought her eyebrows close to her eyes, almost cringing. Her emotions were imploding on themselves, she was on the brink of damaged mental health and Auel Vist decided to call her out of the hundreds he could have asked for assistance in such a matter. Why he, a Syrixian, even cared about her feeble existence dumbfounded her, the racist hate the Croonaali people shouted and slurred at Syrixians. She began to speculate for a moment, maybe he was using her or trying to give ease to the Crol-Syr people. The rain began to get lighter.
"Before you, pig, say another word, I want to know why you're telling me this and asking the woman who hates you most for help." Lara spoke, then moving the phone away from her face for a moment and giving a deep sigh before putting it to her ear again, wondering and theorizing.

Lara, phone in hand, began to reach down and pick up the seemingly hundreds of pieces of paper that were strewn all across Lara's black office carpet.

Auel knew that Cronaal hated Syrixians because of what Nursson had done during his administration. He said Syrixia would fight on the landing grounds, on the beaches, on the streets, on the hills; but Auel wondered: did he ever think that Syrixia would stop fighting, fighting, fighting, and instead say, "We will talk in the conference halls, we will make peace in the gardens, we will thrive in the offices and factories"? He did not. He was so focused on stopping communist expansion that he had forgotten his home country first, as well as the notion of peace and harmony itself.

Auel smiled, even though Lara could not see this. He calmly responded, "Because I really, really, hate what Syrixia was too. During the term of Sirus, the Republic was new, weak, and unstable. During the term of Nursson, it was brash and warmongering. We both hate the same thing. But, there's more you and I have in common. Our appetite for change, our appetite for peace. Together we can make both a reality. Together we can make Eras great again. Out of all the people in this world, you stand out to me, because you are passionate about the notion of peace. I am too. It's perfect."

(OOC: I have so little motivation to RP so Syrixia made a post for me so he could continue >_>)

Lara suddenly noticed something. Auel sounded right. She was passionate about peace. It was one of the many reasons why the Cronaali people hated Syrixians. She realized then, that everything had two sides of perspective. While the Cronaali people hated Syrixians for what had happened, Syrixians began to hate their leader for what had happened. Not only was it rather primitive for her people to exhibit such hate, but it in itself was rather rude. The people of Syrixia had done nothing wrong, it was their "bulldog" leader. Now, he was dead. And Auel was in office. Lara now had a terrifying choice; keep on with the slurs against an innocent people while the culprit remains in a casket, or rebuild amiability towards a peaceful people, whose leader was the male version of herself. He advocated Lara's own policies. He was hot. He was smart. He was kind. And, most of all, he was determined.

Lara began to wipe her tears off her face, which at this point was near soaked, and then smiled. She had had the realization; and now the age of hate and racism would soon be over. The war was long since over already, and now with Nebula looming over Shei Ren with an entire coalition ready to put the last nail in Nebula's coffin should they decide to actually attack. The rainstorm finally let up, and Lara put her umbrella away. Then, she jumped for joy. Lara was happy again. This man, Auel Vist, had made her realize there was still hope; hope in the world for peace, happiness, and amiability. "Sounds great!" she said cheerfully. "When do you want to meet first?" Lara was excited, for what was to come would certainly change the course of both Syrixian and Cronaali history. In this excitement and happiness, another feeling came into Lara's head. That conversation helped Lara realize that, in fact, she was actually starting to like him.

((I still think you could've easily written it yourself, but meh. Expect my response later today. After I post my response, please, please try to write it yourself next time. You have it in you.))

Auel was stunned. Lara had suddenly agreed. All of a sudden there were no slurs; Lara was not calling Auel a "pig". Did this mean Lara was starting to like him? Did Lara now suddenly agree with what Auel was trying to say? The questions raced through the Prime Minister's head like a hawk on a nosedive. There was hope now, Auel knew. "Perhaps in Oakshire?" hr said in an upbeat tone. "That way you don't have to fly all the way to Syrixia." Auel was clearly elated by the situation at the moment. After pleasantly talking over the phone for a few more minutes, Lara and Auel finally hung up.

Auel immediately commissioned the Syrixian Star to get ready for takeoff, and, while Lara drove two hours from Ganjarius to Oakshire, Auel flew to Oakshire all the way from Balamb. It was a dusty afternoon in the Cronaali city. Auel went through customs, although such was admittedly difficult, for obvious reasons. While Lara was beginning to like Auel, it was clear that most Cronaalis didn't like Syrixians still. That would soon change, however; or at least Auel was going to die trying. Anything for Lara.

The port, however, was beautiful. Cronaali architecture was some of the world's finest in Auel's opinion, and here that really did show. However, it did not deter Auel from continuing on to the chosen location: a small, private café in the interior of Oakshire, reserved for only the richest of people. This was the perfect place to get in. Lara, being the Cronaali President, would probably get in free; and Auel could easily pay the entry fee, which he did. As he entered the room he noticed the rows of booths and tables, and an exquisite bar.

However, it was clear from the restaurant's lack of attendance other than himself and, soon, Lara; that even it was faltering. Auel quietly sat down in a large booth in the back, and ordered a fine meal for two. Auel was eager to try Cronaali cuisine; and he already knew that Lara certainly liked the dish he had chosen from the international visits and various conferences in which they had both been in attendance. As he got comfortable, he began to notice the door quickly opening. It was clear a rather cheerful person was on the other side.

(Warning! I'm not good with public places and things in them!)

The clinking of cups with spoons or saucers and the chatter of people filled the room but toned down a little as Lara had entered the cafe. The walls were a soft beige with a deep, mahogany flooring that both enhanced the warm feeling the lighting gave. At the back of the large, expansive room was the barista and bar combined with a half wall separating the area from the seating area that was sunken down so that a small stage could look down on it with a small classical band (?) playing on it. On the other side of the room, the back, was Auel Vist sitting on a larger table by himself in a small raised area behind a half-wall with two sets of meter-wide steps on either side of the raised area. Behind Lara were expansive glass windows that gave a high view over the Oak Bay, that led onto the Oak Channel, and faced away from the city of Oakshire, the eyesore of a stacked-city that could be seen from miles away in each direction.

Lara hurriedly walked down the steps that led down into the main seating area, a few heads turned her direction. Her hair was thick and long, it was all pushed to the left side of her neck and brushed well, allowing it to run down their upper chest. The rims of her glasses, which sat at the top of her rather small nose, were thin to keep her face, which appeared small due to her hair, in proportion. He eyes moved to the left, to the back of the room and at Auel Vist who she began to approach wit haste. He'd been waiting long enough, two days in fact.

The door opened and in came Lara Kray. Auel watched as she made her way through the large room, past the bartender; who was cleaning a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. It was clear that the few heads looking in her direction were in awe; not only was the President of Cronaal here, but so was the Prime Minister of that dump; the home of the Syrixian pigdog scum! And they were meeting! For Auel and Lara, however, the setting was perfect. The sunset went down on Oak Bay, making the water practically glow. It was utterly beautiful, just as Lara was. This meeting would be one they would never forget.

As Lara walked down the stairs, normally one would think that Auel was scared or nervous. However, Auel was quite different. He was not scared; but instead was excited. Lara approached the table, and Auel proceeded to get up. "Hey, Lara! Wonderful to see you here." he said cheerfully, but with subtle romantic tones. It was said in just a way that would merit a very positive response. Auel sat back down and motioned for Lara to sit. As they both sat, Lara's favorite dish, the one Auel ordered, was served. This was going to be a great night.

Lara sat, the chair was made from pure leather that was imported from Añola. She gave out a slight huff of a laugh, a common gesture of the Crol, and pulled a steaming coffee a few centimeters closer to her person, the steam being visible in the heated environment of the cafe, and then pushed the side of her fork into the croissant that was on the plate before her. Lara was genuinely interested in whatever unification idea that Rohit had for Syrixia and Cronaal, hoping it wasn't a ruse to get her to have a casual chat with him.
"Moro, Ser Rohit." Lara spoke, with grand mannerisms whilst a Tenebrar waitress came up to Lara to hastily wipe the table that both Lara and Rohit were sitting at.
"I have come to great you in the midst of an economical and agricultural crisis in my nation, people are resorting to eating eachother's flesh and I've foolishly ordered the deconstruction of the Stacked Cities, putting thousands into poverty. What do you wish to speak about?" Lara then said, with a stern voice.

She was excited yet cynical about the situation at hand, was he to exploit her weak, foolish state and worsen Cronaal? Was he to bring forth a formal alliance and stop the cannibalism and poverty? She simply didn't know.

Rohit took note of Lara's behavior. She was trying to seem formal, but Rohit could tell that truly, she wasn't sure, and her grand mannerisms were but a shell, employed to cover Lara's uncertainty. Rohit picked up a croissant from his own plate and took a bite, smiling while doing so, while all the same making sure that no crumbs or pieces of butter remained on his mouth or anywhere near it. The whole process took about 2 to 3 seconds, and after that Rohit uttered calmly, "Hello, Lara. Please, call me Rohit. I have no need for grand mannerisms; we're just here to chat. Albeit, we're here to chat about subjects both serious and casual."

"But let's start serious. I want to reopen relations with Cronaal; an alliance, per se, as a way of moving forward from our nation's folly under the previous government. The Empire now stands for nothing but peace and prosperity, and that brings me to the situation in Cronaal. I want to let you know up front, that anything Cronaal needs to stop this madness, Syrixia will work tirelessly to provide. But, let's be honest. Just that is so generic. I want to truly know all there is to know about this situation, and the nation that's harboring it. And that, Lara, starts with you. We just met and are now talking for more than 5 minutes!" Rohit chuckled, and then continued. "Let's get to know each other, shall we?"

Back