Chancellor's Communique
Recruitment Contest
Culture Mimicry
Midterm Rankings
The Villa Vittoria: Party Central
Guild Power Rankings

Chancellor's Communique
by Aisli

Editor's Note: Well, nobody sent me a single article for this issue *GLARE* so I shall be doing the whole thing myself. Get ready, lads.

In the Chancellor's voice...

Hello hello, dearest friends and loved ones (and perhaps less-than-loved ones) in all of NationStates! What a month it has been, what? So much to report, but I'll try to be brief and not take up too much of your time, mainly because I want to go back to watching The Voice. Have you seen that show yet? It's awesome, isn't?

Equinox is as Equinoxy as ever. I am doing my best to spur recruitment along, and Vice Chancellor Silmeria helped with that this past month by spearheading a Recruitment Contest. More on that soon enough, just keep reading. I kicked off a regional Census as well, but, well, seeing as how the Chancellor and the executive branch is apparently only in charge of itself and not the entire region, that's come to a halt for now. Blah blah, the Court can sort it out...once we get a new Chief Justice. Oh! And Lady Gaga's Born This Way album is coming out on May 23rd. Mark your calendars.

That's about it for now. Happy Star Wars Day! May the Fourth be with you!

-Chancellor Asylum
(but not really)

PS: Axiom Guild is back.

Recruitment Contest

by Aisli
The ever delicious Vice Chancellor Silmeria started a Recruitment Contest on April 15th, and it was pretty lovely, if I may say. It lasted for fifteen days, and 971 nations were recruited over the course of the contest. I'm pretty sure The Mafia won. But the final tally hasn't been presented yet, so it's not official. Still. Jolly Roger also did a fair job with recruiting, as did the Guild of Doom. Overall, it was quite impressive the way various peeps stepped up and participated in the Contest, and it seemed like they had fun with it too.

Oh, so details about the Contest, right. Um, Silmeria, because she's clever, had people register to participate in the Contest in advance. Those that did were assigned a particular region to recruit in. This helped prevent double telegramming and such. She also made a thread where we could say if someone we had recruited had come to the forums. So far...it doesn't seem like it's gone all that well off, although there has been an increase in NS regional membership. Who knows? Time will tell, hold your breath, wait and see, etc etc.

[img=480,310]https://healthridgefitness.com/images/15.jpg[/img]
Jahka and Cool Cats make sure that their recruitment telegrams are the prettiest of the bunch.

Culture Mimicry

by Aisli
Commander Drakionus is the recently elected Secretary of Culture, still fresh with that New Car Smell, and his first activity in Culture Central has been something called Member Week. Basically, we all got to nominate various members of Equinox to impersonate - one person for each day of the week. Shockingly, Maria, Equinox's favorite banned member, did not even get a single nomination. Poor dear. That could have been fun...in a highly offensive sort of way.

The order of those mimicked were:
  • Aisli
  • Asylum
  • Mekhet
  • Falc/Shaggs
  • Quinn/Viis
It was sort of, um, lovely. Here are some highlights:
  • Aisli as Lums: "*fondles Miley lovingly*

She's just so cute and pretty and I LOVE HER SO MUCH I'M GONNA MARRY HER!! MILEY CYRUS CAPULET FTW!!!!"
  • Mek as Viis: "Member doesn't need to be capitalized.

Oh, and you forgot a period at the end."
  • Hadi as Aisli: "I would like to announce that I'm pregnant.

I don't know who it is yet, because I've adopted everything I could get my stripper hands on, but consider the next person to join the region preemptively adopted. "
  • Chek as Falc: "I hate you for no apparent reason, so I'm gonna ban you from this forum."
It was all in good fun, and so points to Drak for a new culture idea that EQ hasn't seen before. :D

MarcelMarceau_1408278c.jpg

Viis misread the 'mimicking' culture theme as one of 'miming', much to the region's discomfort.

Midterm Rankings

by Aisli
Midterm Rankings mean that the term is halfway over (um, duh, but at the same time, whoa, am I right?). Where has the time gone? Seems just the other day we were having elections and Falc was king and the WA was still called the UN and... Oh. Right. The rankings.

Jahka scored the highest with his midterm results with an 83% Approval Rating, and Kniisti scored the lowest (by, like, .75%) with a 56.25% Approval Rating. Overall, the Government got a 66% approval rating.

In Saudi Arabia, that's a D+, a Grade 4 in South Korea, a 3 in France, an F on most Honors scales in the US, and a C in Brazil. *giggle*

I guess, keep chugging along, you Government peoples. There's still a month left, so don't fuck it up! ;)

pet-birds.jpg

Silmeria celebrated her 79% Approval Rating by taking her pet parakeets out for a midday stroll.

The Villa Vittoria: Party Central

by Aisli
Did you, by any remarkable chance, come to Hadi's Mid-April Bash that was back in mid-April? You should have, if you didn't. It was great, and I'm not just saying that because I went and was given yummy shrimpies and played the DJ in the Dance Hall all night. It was, legitimately, a bunch of fun.

Guests who weren't given a golden ticket invitation via PM were asked to make a monetary donation at the door in order to enter (after which they were masked), and this didn't seem to be a deterrent. The money went to a prize pool, and other guests gave out donations to help increase the pool throughout the party. It ended up reaching $1736, but I don't know how the money was divvied out, to be honest. There were prize ballots, but I'm not sure the winners have been announced yet.

Other highlights include the Ice Bar, where many vodka shots were consumed (and potentially put on my tab?), Mekhet slipping and knocking himself unconscious in the Crystal Fountain after soap had been dumped into it, a challenging Where's Waldo? game, and the Chancellor getting frisky on the stripper pole in the Dance Hall. Oh, and there was that magical Banquet Hall where you could eat whatever you wanted. Rawr!

Another party has just started - a Post-Easter Formal Ball. There's no cover charge this time, but formal dress is required. Booyah!

[img=480,310]http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_free_images/0420-0904-2021-2045_military_medics_holding_a_dummy_on_an_orange_stretcher_m.jpg[/img]
After Mekhet's body was removed from the fountain, the party guests continued cavorting about wildly.

Guild Power Rankings

opinion by the Cabinet

THEMAFIANEQ.png

1. The Mafia (--)
Leader: Asylum
Key Member in April 2011: Drakionus
Membership: 13* [+1]

It's hard to say what makes the Mafia the #1 guild this go around. Probably the fact that they've been raiding, gained one member, and just their awesomeness in the Recruiting Contest earlier this month. Other than that? They're basically neck and neck with the Doomsters in terms of board activity and such. Keep it up, Mafia. But don't hesitate to go crazy either. You could easily tumble from the #1 spot.

* - Includes Asylum, who has eternal membership due to his membership in the Hall of Fame.

god6-3.jpg

2. Guild of Doom (--)
Leader: Shaggs the Clown
Key Member in April 2011: Brian Jaeger
Membership: 8*

The Guild of Doom rocks and is full of really active members, which also rocks. The whole rotating Guild Leader thing is an interesting idea, so who knows what will happen with Doom now that Shaggs is in charge? The Guild of Doom did a good job helping out with the Recruiting Contest, especially thanks to newcomer Field Marshall Ney (and Drak for when he was in Doom). I dunno, do something spectacular and knock those silly Mafia buggers out of the #1 spot already. You deserve it.

* - Includes Shaggs the Clown, who has eternal membership due to his membership in the Hall of Fame.

jollyrogergray.jpg

3. Jolly Roger School of Ninjitsu and Swashbuckling (--)
Leader: Aisli
Key Member in April 2011: Aisli
Membership: 12* [-3]

Right, Jolly Roger, you've taken a hit this go around. Griff and DYP left the region, and that sucks. But the people who are left are still awesome piranjas, so DO SOMETHING with them already! Kill someone, raid a private property, sneak a graphic into the Chancellor's signature...SOMETHING! You're supposed to be devious and crafty for crying out loud! Time to stop acting like a bunch of inebriated, hungover louts. *cracks whip*

* - Includes Antracia, Aisli, and Nordlijnonia, who have eternal membership due to their membership in the Hall of Fame.

OriginalAxiomBannerBevel2.png

4. Axiom (--)
Leader: Hadisthe
Key Member in April 2011: --
Membership: 6*

Holy freaking crap, Axiom is back! Someone throw a party! Flying elephant themed! Well. The guild burst back to life five days ago and already has six members. Talk about sexy as hell. They've revived the charter, got a fabulous application thread, and are deciding upon a guild color for their group on the board (you see, when the Guild of Doom formed, they decided to be evil and steal the available purple color for themselves, muahaha!). Lots of fun stuff is in store for Axiom, I am sure. Oh, this is Christmas!

* - Includes Hadisthe, who has eternal membership due to his membership in the Hall of Fame

TLG.jpg

5. The Lords Guild (-1)
Leader: Aequitas-Veritas
Key Member in April 2011: Aequitas-Veritas
Membership: 10* [-1]

Lords, much love to you, but you sadden me, especially as a former honorary member. This month you have lost your newest member (to the shiny new Axiom, and that is some fierce competition, to be fair), and the revamp of the guild that was being discussed seems to have stalled. Oh Lords. What's going on with you? You're the best Lurkers on the board, fo sho, and you are so active with the Guild Council, but is that it?

* - Includes Morrenstien, who has eternal membership due to his membership in the Hall of Fame.

Yours,

Editor-in-Chief: Aisli
Chief of Staff: Viisbyax
Contributors: NONE!!

Back