June 2015 Update

2ztaxjc.jpg

Regional Forum

[img=60,50]https://i.imgur.com/20aT5cW.png[/img] NationStates Page [img=60,50]https://i.imgur.com/20aT5cW.png[/img] Regional IRC

Foreign Update: June 2015
Monarch: HIBM George VI | Queen Consort: Skye I | Prince of Wales: Prince Victor​

His Majesty's Executive Government

Prime Minister: William Bettingham
Deputy Prime Minister: Nick Hanover
Home Secretary: Akillian Talleyrand
Foreign Secretary: Charles IX Lancaster
Culture Secretary: Sacul Windsor

WA Delegate: Proxy JURIS
Supreme Court of The Kingdom of Great Britain
Lord Chief Justice: Juris Lancaster
Sr. Associate Justice: Cephal Talleyrand
Jr. Associate Justice: Charles IX Lancaster

[c]
13th Imperial Parliament
The House of Lords
Victor Lancaster, Prince of Wales
Nikolai Capulet, Duke of Cambridge
Coachella Capulet, Duchess of Cambridge
Charles IX Lancaster, Marquess of Leinster
John Hanover, Viscount of Surrey
Jean-Philippe de Lévis, Baron Mortagne

The House of Commons
Akillian Talleyrand of Scotland (BRP)
Damian Capulet of France (CON)
William Bettingham of England (BRP)
Iansmith of Ireland (CON)
Nick Hanover of Wales (Labour)

[img=300,250]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a545/Wolf6120/uk-election-2015_zpsbz5h6iad.jpg[/img]​

As the sun set on the 12th Session of Parliament, it was plentifully clear that the winds of the political scene were shifting. After several months of uncontestedly dominating Parliament, the British Royalist Party was seemingly facing a breaking of its domination at the hands of Civis Britannia, the party which broke out onto the field with hopes of bringing an end to the stagnant nature of political arguments in the region, and soon began attracting supporters en masse. In a shocking turn of events, however, CB failed to win a significant enough portion of the vote, leading to an effective collapse of the party’s political momentum.

In their place a third contender, the Labour Party, rose to the challenge, establishing itself as the first organized Opposition Party in Parliament in a long time indeed. While Civis Britannia had garnered most of the spotlight throughout the previous term, Labour had emerged, around the same time and with a similar agenda. While not completely successful in its ambitions, Labour candidates managed to secure a considerable portion of the electorate, earning not only a voice in the Legislature, but one in the Executive as well. Upon his selection by the Commons, the new Prime Minister, William Bettingham, appointed Labour Party Member and MP Nick Hanover as Deputy Prime Minister, both encouraging political variety and bipartisanship and utilizing the region’s potential to the greatest possible extent. With a member of the Opposition Party as Deputy Prime Minister and an Independent candidate occupying one of the Ministries, one can only hope that the diversity and approachability of the region’s politics continues to improve with every passing day.

[img=280,350]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a545/Wolf6120/cfdc4b24-37c4-4746-8b22-efdde13241fb_zps4dwt9yi6.jpg[/img]​

Soon after receiving the unanimous confidence of Parliament and ceremonially kissing the hands of His Majesty the King, newly elected Prime Minister William Bettingham made an extensive inaugural address at 10 Downing, delivering words of determination and ambitions of the future. With a second such speech already published as of today, the new PM seems fully prepared for an involved and communal term in office.

Prime Minister’s Speech:
Good evening my fellow citizens,

After receiving clear majority confidence from Parliament, and with His Majesty the King asking me to form a government on his behalf, it is my privilege to come before you as your Prime Minister.

Before I go any further, allow me to introduce my Cabinet. This is a team I believe in, that I have full confidence in, and that I know will do good for the region. They are individuals selected on merit, who come from all parties. This may be a majority BRP government, but more importantly, it is a government for the region. We don't need more politicians in this region, rather we need leaders. I believe these people fit into that category. They are as follows:

Deputy Prime Minister: Nick Hanover
Foreign Secretary: Prince Charles
Home Secretary: Akillian Talleyrand
Culture Secretary: Sacul Windsor
Attorney General: Prince Francis
Chief of Staff: Damian Capulet

I will not be holding the traditional Cabinet meetings, that happen a few time each term, and devolve into useless threads where nothing is achieved. Rather, I will be holding weekly live Cabinet meetings, over Chatzy, that will be open to all citizens. An agenda will be released 24 hours ahead of time, and a weekly date will be established in the coming days. I believe this live, active, and public conversation will be more effective in achieving the collective goals of this government.

This is a historic time in our region's history. We have a new Constitution, a blank legal code, and a clean slate. Now more then ever is it our time to forge our own destiny, push ourselves to reach new heights, and reach heights unknown across the NS world. We've been given a restart, and while the mechanism for doing so was in my opinion unorthodox, we must take advantage of it. This is truly, in every sense of the fraise, a new chapter in our region's history. It is my honor to be your Prime Minister as we embark on this new journey together.

I said this during the campaign, and I will say it again now: I intend to be the people's Prime Minister. I believe my job, first and foremost, is to be a representative of the common man. To champion concerns of the citizenry. My loyalty does not lie to anyone institution. Rather, I plan on being totally responsible, completely beholden to, the people of this region. I am your Prime Minister, your elected leader, and I will not shrink away from those responsibilities.

For our region to thrive, I believe we must remember the traditions that have made us great, but at the same time act with urgency and dedication when it comes to the task of trusting the people with more power. We will never build a region that is self sustaining, that thrives on genuine activity, unless the citizens of this kingdom believe their contributions matter. Unless people know their voice is heard. Unless every single individual knows that they can make a difference. People, all people, deserve to have a home where no matter who they are, they can thrive and succeed. I want to make the Kingdom of Great Britain that home for all who wish to become a citizen here.

My work has already started, by introducing legislation that will require the Prime Minister to answer weekly questions from both MPs and citizens. I believe that the leader of the elected government, of your government, must begin to hold himself to a higher standard. With this legislation, that starts now. In the King's speech, His Majesty laid out a number of my other proposals, many of which are aimed at strengthening our democracy and increasing accountability.

In the coming days the region will see how I plan on bringing that to fruition. But every step of the way, it will, and in my opinion must, be a team effort. The nobility, elected politicians, and all citizens must move forward together. Anything else, and we risk sparking the sort of disunity that can destroy a region even as great as ours.

I love this region, and I love the people here. There are individuals in KGB who I have known for well over 5 years, and I have a history here. So when I say that I take this job seriously, when I say that I am honored to be your Prime Minister, I mean that with the most sincerity imaginable. I am ready to fight, every single day, for a KGB that all of us can be proud of. Will it be easy? Certainly not, but nothing great ever is. What I do know, with confidence, is that this government will not rest until we have achieved our aims. Anything less, and we have failed you.

Thank you, God Save the King, and God Save our great Kingdom.

[img=450,300]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a545/Wolf6120/coldwarcartoon_zpsx0huqxdf.gif[/img]​

In the final few days of May, a new Roleplay was started in Great Britain, based around the Earth in 1965, when the Earth was divided in two, tensions ran high, and two competing ideologies fought a bitter battle for supremacy. The new RP quickly drew a crowd of interested players and soon, nations were springing up across the world, ambitious to carve out their place in history.

Under the “capable” hands of us roleplayers, this alternate reality has so far succeeded in killing Nelson Mandela, causing a violent Communist coup in France, and has significantly upped the temperature on the “Cold” War, which has, in just a few weeks, escalated to a mass arms competition along the border of East and West German, which looks to perhaps soon divulge into all out war. Will we succeed in bringing nuclear destruction upon the entire planet by Christmas 1966? Quite possibly. We have an infinite amount of tries, after all.

84123-monty-python-burn-the-witch-gi-ezmu.gif

Recently, the people of Britain revisited their cultural heritage and revived historical traditions, though perhaps not quite how one might expected. It was discovered, with no small deal of regret and shock, that one of our own citizens, who had for months been slowly moving about our region and worming in, was in fact the infamous and heinous criminal Tyler Kazakov, known by many other names. Though initially well hidden and unfortunately well integrated, the true colors of this individual were quickly revealed when he attempted to impede upon the personal lives of our region’s members, harassing and inciting members of the community with nothing but the most malicious of intentions.

With the citizenry seething at yet another breach of safety by this infamous individual, His Majesty acted swiftly to ensure the safety and stability of the region and the general public. Tyler Kazakov was quickly banned from the region and, in a poignant display of just how permanent this status was, he was ceremonially ordered to death. The traitor and criminal was burned at the stake the following day, to the great approval of the crowd. It should be noted that, ironically, the only other instance in which a criminal was publically executed, Tyler Kazakov was the criminal in question. After being beheaded once and now burned at the stake, one can only hope the process was truly effective this time.

international-meeting-1_zps5effx1ta.jpg

During the previous term, a grand summit began in GB, at Whitehall Palace, to discuss a large interregional education program among several major powers. In attendance were representatives and leaders from Europeia, the Land of Kings and Emperors, the United Kingdom and the North Pacific. The summit is still ongoing, but good progress has been made on the subject, with ideas such as an interregional library and student exchange programs on the agenda. The main hope for this large gathering of powerful regions is to establish an interregional community capable of preserving and overseeing Universities and Education, an aspect of forum life which has become unfortunately unused in many regions.

Back