Introduction of the Ambassador of The West Pacific

Unto all the citizens and residents of the great region of The North Pacific
Does Ambassador of The West Pacific Xecriussau send

Greetings! :hello:

I have just been appointed to the position of Ambassador to your region from The West Pacific. You might see me from time to time on your RMB, your IRC, and also here in your forums as I look forward to meeting you and working with you, our friends. I also come bearing news from our region which can be found in the spoiler below. There has been much happening within The West Pacific as many old offices have been brought back to life and positive changes are being made all over the region.

If you have questions of me, please do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to working with you as well as learning how you do things.

Regards,

Xecriussau
Ambassador
The West Pacific

twp_dispatch_sm.jpg

The Voice Of The Union Of The West Pacific Foreign Affairs Deputy Advocacy Update
June 2015 Edition
By Recuecn, Deputy Advocate Of Foreign Affairs

The West Pacific | Forum | IRC | The Voice Of The Union | The West Pacific Armed Forces | Dass Nachrichten
Population: 6,517 | Rank: 5th | Forum Posts: 28,331

In-Game Government Of The West Pacific

The Grand Inquisitor Delegate: The Chocolate Loving Paradise Of Darkesia | Endorsements: 350
Delegate Elect: United RussoAsia
Non-WA Delegate: TAO The Watcher

Guardians
Note: The Guardians are appointed by the delegate, and they serve at her leisure to protect the region and the delegacy from internal and external threats to the security of the region.

The Cardinal Inquisitor: All Good People
The Cardinal Guardian Protector of The West: Wickedly evil people
The Cardinal Guardian Most Evil: Bhang Bhang Duc
The Cardinal Guardian Fang: Ethel Mermania

The New Guardians:
Elegarth
Recuecn
MedioBogdum
The Reinstated Cardinal Guardian Of The Eternal Dungeons: Yy4u

Invested Powers Of The Delegate:
Legislative Roleplay: That Called The Vlagh
Make Believe: Professor Henn & Terran Borealis
Minister Of Silly Walks: Tunapocalypse

The Voice Of The Union Of The West Pacific

The Advocate Of The Voice: Elegarth

Deputy Advocates Of The Voice:

WA Affairs: Nox
Interior Affairs: Hariko
Foreign Affairs: Recuecn
Military Affairs: PunkDaddy
Intel Affairs: That Called The Vlagh
Media: United RussoAsia

Table Of Contents

News From TWP
Foreign Policy

News From TWP

Most TWP Dispatches here in the past consisted mainly of news updates: things that have happened in TWP since the last dispath. However, with the creation of a new regional newspaper, Dass Nachrichten, this now falls under the purvue of United RussoAsia, Deputy Advocate of Media. Thus this is probably the last dispatch in this format you'll be seeing. Even future foreign affairs updates may be published in the DN. If, though, you can't wait until the first issue of Dass Nachrichten comes out on the 12th (subscribe on our forums!), here are the latest happenings to tide you over.

• Darkesia has been continuously reminding everyone that she wishes to step down soon, and has begun transitioning, announcing new guardians,
  • A conventional convention has been held, and a new constitution adopted,
  • New officers have been elected (see above) and many old, abandoned offices brought back to life,
  • And a fan fiction festival is being organized.
Of course, much more detail could be given, and activity has been non-stop on the RMB and the forum, but this is the main, more political news.

Foreign Policy Update
As the new Deputy Advocate of Foreign Affairs, I have taken over TWP's long dormant Foreign Affairs office in our foru government. I recently shoveled out enough dust and cobwebs to be able to sit down at my desk; however, much work remains before the mise-à-jour can be completed. Many embassies in other regions' forums will need to be reopened, old threads in our own forums sorted through, and treaties reinstated. Ambassadors are once again being received in TWP's forums, but it has so far been quiet.

Because it is impossible to deal with every region individually and at once, a broad declaration of our policy will have to do for the moment. However, I believe that this policy, although generalized and not specific to our relations with any one region, is indeed applicable to almost every individual case. This is because TWP is not aligned with any large group in game-play, but is considered unique, independent, isolated, even irrelevant. Whether negative or positive, this "outside looking in" position gives us an exclusive view of the relations of the other regions, both with each other, and with us.

The common groups in game-play are often listed as raider/defender/imperialist/independent. TWP is not a part of any group, and the word "independent" already being taken, we must describe ourselves as "unaligned." While we certainly do have treaties and alliances with other regions, these are made in such a way not to tie us down to the ideals of others. There are those who would construe this negatively, describing or position in relation to the rest of the game as an unfortunate consequence of our internal policies, notably the separation of our in-game government from our forum government. Nonetheless, not only are the effects positive--we have the envied position of being able to control our own affairs without offending anyone--but they are not entirely caused by a manifestation of our internal policy. While internal policy certainly plays a part, any perceived irrelevancy is due to a lack of activity in our foreign affairs ministry for half a year or more.

This inactivity is coming to an end now. TWP's forum government will be reaching out, expressing its goodwill, affirming that of others, and building ties with their governments. As described earlier, our non-alignment will allow us to reach out to a wide variety of regions, regardless of their R/D status, interact with them. We will be able to reach out to all forms of government and perhaps write treaties with them, so long as they recognize our self-determination and unique commitment to an in-game delegacy unfettered by outside forces, whether that be our forum, or other regions.

Come see us at embassy row! Or just drop by and chat on our RMB!

Hello and Welcome to The North Pacific! Where the Democracy is strong, the debate robust and the rum plentiful :P

I'm Andrew, the Minister of Home Affairs. This is one of the greatest regions that anyone could ever wish to be in. Here, we have a huge multicultural community that likes to play NationStates and that has interests in a wide variety of aspects including:

Legislating - The Regional Assembly (The North Pacifican Legislature) and the World Assembly
Roleplaying - Democratic Union, Embassy Program, Character and Story RolePlays
Taking part in the Executive Branch (Executive Staff)
And there is much more to explore in The North Pacific!

So, do get comfortable and I look forward to seeing you so more around our forum and region! and Welcome again to the region of democracy, debate and rum! :)

Andrew:
Hello and Welcome to The North Pacific! Where the Democracy is strong, the debate robust and the rum plentiful :P

I'm Andrew, the Minister of Home Affairs. This is one of the greatest regions that anyone could ever wish to be in. Here, we have a huge multicultural community that likes to play NationStates and that has interests in a wide variety of aspects including:

Legislating - The Regional Assembly (The North Pacifican Legislature) and the World Assembly

So, do get comfortable and I look forward to seeing you so more around our forum and region! and Welcome again to the region of democracy, debate and rum! :)
You must give it that he never stops recruiting :p

Elegarth:
Andrew:

You must give it that he never stops recruiting :p
Sorry, force of habit :P

Welcome, slave. Work hard today and I may give you the day's stale bread crumbs, though I am reluctant. Hopefully, the fact that you'll get the guillotine if you slack off will make you be good and work hard. Oh, did I say good? I meant obedient. Apologies.

Back