KoGB Education Proposal

Prior to the previous Delegate's resignation, Education ministry leadership was participating in a education summit to discuss a interegional University proposal, which included KoGB, Europiea, and several other regions. I had everyone set up when Tomb resigned, so I withdrew our participation in the discussion for the meantime. Now that the delegate has been selected, I would like to see what the Cabinet thinks of this proposal.

Definitions

1. A University shall be defined as an educational institution designed for instruction, examination, research, and/or dissemination of academic knowledge, which shall confer degrees for advanced learning in various fields.

2. A Member Region shall be defined as a region that has ratified this agreement and has been accepted as such by the other signatories.

3. A Head of the University shall be defined as the chief executive and administrative officer of a region's university.

Article I: The Council of Interregional Educational Cooperation

1. The Council of Interregional Educational Cooperation (or CIEC) is hereby established to promote education throughout the Member Regions.

2. The CIEC shall be comprised of the Heads of the Universities from each Member Region. The CIEC may admit other educational personnel of Member Regions at their discretion.

3. Each Member Region shall have 1 vote in the CIEC. The right of suffrage shall be held the Member Region's Head of the University, or a duly appointed representative acting on his behalf.

4. The Headquarters of the CIEC shall be in a Member Region, the location of which shall be at the discretion of the CIEC, and accessible by all Heads of the Universities.

Article II: Powers of the Council

1. The Heads of the Universities shall meet at least once to per month to discuss issues affecting their respective universities and share ideas and insight.

2. The CIEC may:

i) Recommend standards and policies beneficial to universities on a regional and interregional level;

ii) Recommend instructors and courses of instruction beneficial to a region;

iii) Review the standards and assessments of courses offered by Member Regions, and when determining that they meet a satisfactory degree of rigor, they may make recommendations that other Member Regions accept them as valid for transfer;

iv) Offer non-binding recommendations to regions regarding their universities; and,

v) Formally recognize individual Universities and instructors for their expertise in certain fields and areas of study.

3. The CIEC may not:

i) Enact binding policy;

ii) Limit Universities in their ability to establish standards and courses;

iii) Remove any officials or instructors of a University; or,

iv) Create legal bodies to enforce its recommendations.

Article III: Foreign Exchange Program

1. A cultural exchange program shall be instituted enabling the Head of University, administrators, instructors and students to obtain a cultural visa from other Member Regions.

i) The requirements and specific masking granted shall be at the discretion of the Member Region housing the University, provided that they are not required house a nation in the Region's NS region and the masking granted enables them to access all appropriate areas in the University.

ii) The Member Region may deny a cultural visa for security reasons or in accordance with its own laws.

2. Heads of the Universities, instructors, and students may be present in more than one Member Region.

3. Students may not be denied entry to a University or its courses on the grounds that they are not a citizen of the particular region.

Article IV: Membership

1. Membership in the Council of Interregional Educational Cooperation shall be extended to the signatories of this document upon the ratification by the respective region's legislature and head of state.

2. New regions may be admitted to the CIEC upon the consent of a 2/3 majority of Member Regions upon the ratification of this document by the region's legislature and head of state.

3. Member Regions may withdraw from the CIEC at their discretion. The Member Region's Head of the University must file a notice in the Headquarters of the CIEC stating their intention and providing an explanation of their reasons.

4. Member Regions may be removed from the CIEC by an absolute 2/3 majority of the current Member Regions.

Article V: Passage

1. This agreement will come into force upon its ratification by at least three participating members of the Whitehall Educational Conference.
The Whitehall Conference was the name of this particular summit.

I am concerned that this was not brought to cabinet beforehand, but thank you for posting this. Conversely, the region hosting this has just said they are going to close our embassy unless we post an update within 2 weeks, I think it was.

Back