Reducing my warning level

Blue Wolf II

A Wolf Most Blue
-
TNP Nation
Blue_Wolf_II
So I still have a warning level of 20% for an offense that happened literally years ago. From 2013 I believe, I don't know for certain anymore because I can no longer see my own warning history.

Does anyone think I can maybe get that reduced now?

I remember the warning.

psst... now might be a good time to rethink the spoiler in your sig. You get more flies with honey.

For the record Grosseschnauzer has not yet commented on reducing your warning level, in public or in private.

It is GBM who suggested that a slightly more conciliatory approach might help your case.

Well, if there is anyone I should be trying to pacify, you'd think it would be Govindia, who is now banned from these forums, as my warning is pertaining to "activities essentially flamebaiting Govindia".

Perhaps my warning, now over 2 years and 5 months old, is being kept in place to ensure I no longer "essentially flamebait" Govindia who, again, is banned from these forums and has been for over a year?

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the circumstances surrounding my warning, Punk, but it was the point of some controversy. I'm still, to this day, not exactly sure what specifically I was warned for and was given the vague reasoning of "essentially flamebating" which I have no idea what constitutes that. I was either flamebaiting, or I wasn't.

No one post was pointed out as being the offending issue and the warning was very vague, so it seems to me that I was warned for having a general opinion about Govindia. If that's what I am warned for, then sure, I'm sorry I had that opinion.

Blue Wolf - the admin team has decided not to reduce your warn level.

I have always hated the NS mods because I think decisions they make are stupid, under-the-cover-of-darkness, and not community friendly. Let me just say that you have been a member of TNP for many years, are respected by most, but it is clear some of your past actions have been warnable offenses. In our decision to not reduce your warn level, the majority of the admin team does not feel that you demonstrate any remorse for the past actions for which you were warned.

This was a majority decision and not unanimous and if you'd like your warn level considered in the future, I think,as Flem noted, a more conciliatory tone would be to your advantage.

I am confused as to what remorse I am suppose to feel. I'm still not sure for what, specifically, I was even warned for in the first place, so it's a little hard for me to feel sorry, given that I don't know what I should feel sorry for. I'm not even sure how I could repeat the actions which supposedly got me warned, whatever those actions were, even if I tried. I have stated my confusion the second I was warned and this point was never clarified, not even now.

I'm filing an immediate appeal, given that I am being asked to feel remorse for an offense that was never specifically clarified or explained to me.

I guess I'm just suppose to feel general remorseful for a warning that was, itself, non-specific in nature? I'd love to have a more conciliatory tone, but I'm not sure who I am suppose to be placating or pacifying. Clearly not the person I was warned for "basically flamebating".

I guess I should be sorry to the Admin for making them warn me? Maybe?

I'm also confused as to what these past "actions" (plural) that Punk is referring to. I was supposedly warned for just one offense and one incident. Where there other incidences that I wasn't aware of that are now being held against me? So far as I know, that's the only warning I have on my record. Punk, what other actions are you talking about?

I'm suppose to correct a behavior, or maybe now behaviors(?) regarding an action, or possibly other actions(?), which lead to one warning and maybe other uninformed and seemingly secret non-official warnings. However, the Admin team has been very vague about what they'd like to see corrected and have outline nothing regarding how I might go about correcting my apparently offensive behavior. This makes it next to impossible for me to appease the Admin Team, as I've not been told what I need to fix, or even what I did wrong to start with.

I was under the impression that I supposedly was warned for "basically flamebating" Gov, but this is apparently not the case. Had it been the case, my warning would have been reduced, seeing as it has become impossible for me to flamebate, basically or otherwise, Govindia since his banishment from these forums well over a year and a half ago. So if I wasn't warned for "basically flamebating" Gov, as was first told to me, what was I really warned for and how do I go about correcting it?

I'm so very confused.

In that case I ask for the Admin team for a list of measurable goals I should reach in order to lower my warning level.

I can't very well appease the Admins when they have not told me what they specifically want. Or even what I'm being further punished for.

You are not being further punished. Your warning level is simply not being reduced. Your "punishment" ended some five hours after the warning was given.

I will, however, pass on your request to the admin team.

I would say that a 20% warning level for almost three years from the same offense is probably an additional punishment. Clearly if it wasn't, the Admin team wouldn't be debating lowering it, as it would have already been lowered as it wouldn't have any negative effect.

But I am interested to know what sort of suggestions the Admin Team might have for reducing my warning level.

BW, I can only suggest rereading what I wrote and taking some actions that look at least conciliatory would be a good step.

From your subsequent comments either what I said went in one ear and out the other or you stopped reading after I stated your warning level would not be reduced.

Being "conciliatory" is not a measurable goal.

I see the Admin team saying I need to change my behavior, but refusing to say what that behavior is. It sort of seems like the Admin Team either isn't in complete agreement, or doesn't know what specifically they're annoyed at me for, only that they are annoyed.

So I'm a little lost about how I'm suppose to be more "conciliatory" and who I'm suppose to be conciliatory to? The Admin Team? Grosse, for some reason? Flem? Who exactly am I suppose to be pleasing here anyway?

Clearly not Govindia.

Still awaiting a list of measurable and achievable goals for reducing my warning level from the Admin Team, and not just Punk's statement of "be more conciliatory", whatever the hell that's suppose to mean.

I guess I'm never getting that list.

Makes it sort of impossible for me to do what the Admin Team is asking of me when I don't know what they're asking for or how to do it. <_<

I'll raise this for with the admin team for discussion. Don't think I was around last time it was discussed. I'll let you know this week how it moves forward.

Back