Ministers: Roll Call

Tomb

TNPer
Hello Ministers and welcome to TNP’s cabinet! I’m glad to have you all here as part of my team, and I look forward to working with each and everyone of you this term. Guys, I have some instructions that I would like you to carry out please and thank you.

I need the Ministers of: Education, Foreign Affairs, Home Affairs, and Communications (me!) to please start a roll call thread in their respective Ministries. I need to know how our Executive Staff looks like for each Ministry so that I can determine which Ministries I should prioritize when it comes to Executive Staff recruitment. So here is what I need you to do:

1.) Head to your Ministry’s Head Quarters and you need create a thread called Role Call. And ask individuals to post “Here” or equivalent if they can see it.
2.) Head to Preferences in the top right corner of the forum page.
3.) Click on Joinable Group
4.) Scroll Down until you see your Ministry’s name and click on it.
5.) Copy and Paste all of the name of the individuals in a PM. (You can send a PM to multiple users if you choose the multiple users option when writing the PM.
6.) Create a message informing your Executive Staff members that we’re working and want to get an idea of whose available and whose not, and so link them to the roll call thread and ask them to post there. I would also put a little note telling them that if they like to leave the Ministry’s Executive Staff, then please directly respond to this PM, etc.

For Defense, Culture, and WA Affairs, I will send private instruction. Ministry of Role play will not maintain an Executive Staff outside of its directors (RP Moderators, Cartographers, etc.)

Please post below once you have carried out these instructions.

Thanks,

~ Tomb

I'm pretty sure you already know what FA's staff looks like. I'm not in the habit of spam-messaging everyone in a particular staff. A thread in the Diplomatic Corps section will suffice.

As for recruitment, I am having trouble finding enough placements for people to the point that I'm working on establishing diplomatic training teams and beginning to seek out team leaders. It doesn't help that record keeping is horrific, I don't know what my predecessor done with his time but would it have killed him to start his own thread so I don't need to go through a dozen pages for a full list of placements as and when they happened? I want to cut embassies since embassies become worthless if we accept every tom, dick and harry but then I run the risk of having even less things for diplomats to do. Sigh.

Lord Ravenclaw:
I'm pretty sure you already know what FA's staff looks like. I'm not in the habit of spam-messaging everyone in a particular staff. A thread in the Diplomatic Corps section will suffice.

As for recruitment, I am having trouble finding enough placements for people to the point that I'm working on establishing diplomatic training teams and beginning to seek out team leaders. It doesn't help that record keeping is horrific, I don't know what my predecessor done with his time but would it have killed him to start his own thread so I don't need to go through a dozen pages for a full list of placements as and when they happened? I want to cut embassies since embassies become worthless if we accept every tom, dick and harry but then I run the risk of having even less things for diplomats to do. Sigh.
I definitely see what you mean about embassies, and I think if we're going to start cutting relations with some regions, then we should do so with the inactive ones to begin with. A lot of the smaller regions that we accepted are very cordial and active, but we will discuss those at a later time. We have some embassies that have not posted for quiet a few months now.

I should note:

Rollcall for FA is on-going.

Touched base with Bel about diplomatic training groups. Will talk to Myro shortly. I'm thinking of a diplomats handbook which could include all the training materials we want and could be something for the MoFA to keep updated and constant. The below logs have been edited for spelling. I'm not sure what a realistic target of retention should be, but we'll find out one way or another.

[12:53] <Raven> Can you touch base with Myro and get to work on training teams and groups for the diplomats? We'll probably need to re-jig the various postings but I want at least one experienced diplomat for every treaty ally and GCR embassy.
[12:54] * Bel nods
[12:54] <Bel> How many people per team?
[12:55] <Raven> However many you both think best. The roll call is on-going, but we have over 50 diplomats.
[12:56] <Bel> Ok, so assign one senior, one junior who will actually be active, and at least one guy who signed up but we know won't be active to each team?
[12:56] <Raven> basically
[12:57] <Bel> Teams of four-five in general, factoring in alignment when we send them off so they can get on with the region, etc etc
[12:57] <Raven> Pretty much, nice and standard stuff.
[12:58] * Bel nods
[12:58] <Raven> I was thinking maybe quizzes on the protocols, possible scenario and mock cases.
[12:58] <Raven> Build up a case history of scenarios.
[12:58] <Bel> Later on, I was thinking having the various teams play the regions their tasked to in mock negotiations
[12:59] <Raven> That could be fun, we'd get to test them on their development then.
[12:59] <Bel> Build some competition between them, get them to think like the regions we send them to, and test em
[12:59] <Bel> Yup

Lord Ravenclaw:
I should note:

Rollcall for FA is on-going.

Touched base with Bel about diplomatic training groups. Will talk to Myro shortly. I'm thinking of a diplomats handbook which could include all the training materials we want and could be something for the MoFA to keep updated and constant. The below logs have been edited for spelling. I'm not sure what a realistic target of retention should be, but we'll find out one way or another.

[12:53] <Raven> Can you touch base with Myro and get to work on training teams and groups for the diplomats? We'll probably need to re-jig the various postings but I want at least one experienced diplomat for every treaty ally and GCR embassy.
[12:54] * Bel nods
[12:54] <Bel> How many people per team?
[12:55] <Raven> However many you both think best. The roll call is on-going, but we have over 50 diplomats.
[12:56] <Bel> Ok, so assign one senior, one junior who will actually be active, and at least one guy who signed up but we know won't be active to each team?
[12:56] <Raven> basically
[12:57] <Bel> Teams of four-five in general, factoring in alignment when we send them off so they can get on with the region, etc etc
[12:57] <Raven> Pretty much, nice and standard stuff.
[12:58] * Bel nods
[12:58] <Raven> I was thinking maybe quizzes on the protocols, possible scenario and mock cases.
[12:58] <Raven> Build up a case history of scenarios.
[12:58] <Bel> Later on, I was thinking having the various teams play the regions their tasked to in mock negotiations
[12:59] <Raven> That could be fun, we'd get to test them on their development then.
[12:59] <Bel> Build some competition between them, get them to think like the regions we send them to, and test em
[12:59] <Bel> Yup
As a further note. This is the Google Document regarding Ministerial plans for FA.

Roll call for FA has finished. I've relieved assignments from everyone who has not replied. Clicky. Those that didn't have assignments are fine.

I've appointed three team leaders and given them assignments:

Albion; Lord Lore
The East Pacific; Bootsie
Taijitu; Kialga

I'll be getting in contact with those governments soon, with some information about and forewarning about a team of diplomats heading their way. I'll also work on getting some trainees assigned to each of them.

I've also approached Ivo, (who offered his services recently) who has agreed. I'm determining where best to send him.

I am concerned about The South Pacific - they no longer maintain any form of diplomatic service and their attitude to outsiders is... frosty, at best.

At this time, I will not be sending a team of Ambassadors to Balder.

Back