Questions for Kialga

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
In discussing your application for the SC, some members of the Security Council expressed a desire to ask you some questions. This thread therefore exists for that purpose.

Fire away, folks. :)

Kialga, could you tell us about your history in NS? Other regions you've been involved with, and what positions you held there.

Name 3 things you like about TNP.

What do you find interesting about the SC?

I will note, first off, that my experience in few regions and in NationStates overall will be referenced a bit.

Great Bights Mum:
Kialga, could you tell us about your history in NS? Other regions you've been involved with, and what positions you held there.

Name 3 things you like about TNP.

What do you find interesting about the SC?

Other regions I've been involved in are very few, actually. I serve as the founder to the region International Western Union, as well as serving as the former Regional Chairman (tallying votes) and former Justice (which I had forgotten about until I ran for election here). For a short period of time, I was a Merryman in the United Defenders League, but didn't find defending to be my taste. I recently joined the Kingdom of Alexandria, and have no role of major power, only recently applying to the legislature there.

Three things I love about TNP, hard to come up with three, I'll be honest. The main one is the community, which in my (limited of course) experience is second only to one. Of observations on other regions, they tend to be dominated by one aspect or another, be it RMB conversations or roleplaying on a forum, but TNP seems to have a really nice balance. Another would be the structure of everything. If you work in the right manner, you can easily navigate your way around and become involved with what interests you, as well as understand what you need to in order to participate. A third one is kind of difficult, because what I want to say is essentially already encompassed in what I have already said. Sorry.

What I find interesting about the SC is its uniqueness. (I do know similar groups exist across the game, but my first experience with such was in TNP.) A group of WA Members that are basically set up as a line of defense is a really good idea, and works well with larger regions. The only thing I could compare it to, prior to getting involved in feeder politics, is the Endorsement Caps most smaller regions have.

Former English Colony:
I'll be a bit more blunt. :P

Why are you trustworthy enough to be trusted to be (potentially) 3rd in endorsements in TNP?

Hard for one to describe why they should be trusted, because everyone wants to be seen in the best light. :P In regards to strictly endorsements and potential power, I haven't attempted couping or taking over power in a region (aside from my stint in the UDL). In other regards, I am fairly active and (attempt) to be involved where I can. I do understand my light might not be the best from my first term as Justice, but I was fairly intimidated at the time and wasn't sure how to deal with a large, diverse community.

In short, I feel I haven't done anything to seem that I am untrustworthy, and really wish to avoid using fluff and filler to make myself seem like a massive, shining star.

Syrixia:
I'm curious; who is that one?

There is a bit of bias, Syrixia. I'll be honest :P.

Lord Byron:
Kialga,

If you were admitted to the Security Council, what would be your plans in the following 30 days?

I've pondered this over, and I've tried to decide what you mean exactly. If this is a stupid return question, please excuse it, I've been in the middle of finals. However, do you mean in a broad sense of things, such as general activity? Or do mean specifically to the Council, such as WA Endorsements and the like?

Kialga:
Lord Byron:
Kialga,

If you were admitted to the Security Council, what would be your plans in the following 30 days?
I've pondered this over, and I've tried to decide what you mean exactly. If this is a stupid return question, please excuse it, I've been in the middle of finals. However, do you mean in a broad sense of things, such as general activity? Or do mean specifically to the Council, such as WA Endorsements and the like?
I mean specifically in regards to the SC, such as increasing your endo count to the legal limit, proposing SC reform, or maybe spilling SC dirty secrets to the RA or Court.

Lord Byron:
Kialga:
Lord Byron:
Kialga,

I mean specifically in regards to the SC, such as increasing your endo count to the legal limit, proposing SC reform, or maybe spilling SC dirty secrets to the RA or Court.
For the endorsements, I do not feel that it will be too hard to maintain the legal limit, I will put in a daily effort to 'tart (rather than the every 3/4 days I have been doing). Any SC Reform will likely not come soon, with the end of school fast approaching and college required activities during the summer. As for spilling dirty secrets, I've never been one for saying things that shouldn't be said.

Back