Inuyasha: Good or Crap?

I got into debate with comrade New Haven over the old cartoon show Inuyasha. I think it is good show but New Haven thinks it sucks.

It was one of the first cartoon shows I saw that had graphic violence and adult references, but it also had a story that made it interesting. It had cool fight scenes and the characters were actually allowed to punch each other which was pretty hardcore back then.

The show was very popular in Canada and it made YTV the number one channel for Canadian teenagers in the early 2000's. YTV even created a whole block of similarly themed cartoons owing to the success of Inuyasha. If Inuyasha was so bad then why did so many Canadians like it?

It had four movies, four video games, and six full seasons of episodes. That is a lot of stuff for a show. A lot of cartoons do not last that long. It even had some merchandise which is rare for foreign cartoons. I asked some of my friends about Inuyasha and almost all of them had seen and liked Inuyasha. It is remembered fondly by many Canadian citizens.

I haven't seen much of it, but I liked what I saw.

Have you considered using a poll?

Empire of Narnia:
I didn't know you could do a poll on here. I wish I put one in.
You may still be able to add one. Just click "Append a Poll" in the upper right of the OP.

Except Excel Saga. you will not get a more effed up, insane, utterly demented, depraved and legally suspect show than Excel Saga.

Wolfsea:
Except Excel Saga. you will not get a more effed up, insane, utterly demented, depraved and legally suspect show than Excel Saga.
Part of why I liked Inuyasha was that it could be edgy and shocking to my young mind it was never outright vulgar or disgusting. It knew where the line was and it never crossed it. If the show turned into South Park (which I am still forbidden to watch to this day mind you) I wouldn't have liked it.

Excel Saga threw everything it had into getting it's last episode banned but most of the humour is Refuge-in-Audacity considering it's slice-of-life/parody about an extremely manic teenager working for, what is essentially, a global terrorist organisation (Membership: 9) dedicated to global conquest (way, way, way down the line) along with a martian princess who constantly dies and seems to have infinite blood in her body, their leader who, frankly, is fundamentally lazy (due to having two gullible and disposable minions). Meanwhile the girls' neighbours are local civil servants who end up being formed into a municipally-funded Sentai team with a Samus Aran expy, two Gynoids and a very suspicious scientist/councillor and his even more suspicious protégé. Add to this the saga of Pedro, the Mexican immigrant worker who was killed in the first episode and is now a wandering spirit who just wants to return to his son and "Sexy Wife" while the Mangaka and the Anime's Director, who constantly interferes in the actual plot whenever a Deus Ex Machina is needed, are in a progressively extreme battle of wits over where the anime is actually going while the producer is slowly driven to insanity by the production staff's antics.

So probably not for you...

Back