-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
Eumenor:
I call for a suspension on all writing of this charter and an immediate vote of no confidence on Bootsie, our chair... person after intrigue surrounding... their identity. I feel it would be prudent to pause for a minute while we discover exactly what is true and what is lies concerning the information Bootsie has given us. I am uncomfortable in having a chairperson who is surrounded by scandal and intrigue as Bootsie is.
Syrixia:
Bootsie has been very inactive lately. All PMs from me to her receive no response and she has not posted nor made an official RA ruling or introductory post in a while.
Syrixia via RMB:
As I have stated, I don't believe you, and won't believe you until she explicitly states, right where everyone can see it, especially me, that she is male.

I have not seen such statements as of yet.
The Democratic Republic of Tomb via RMB:
Guys, please drop it. Bootsie's gender doesn't matter. Of course, as they are part of the community, we are generally concerned and curious (including me), but Bootsie will issue a statement when they feel the need to do so.

Now comes the part when I reply to the statements presented to me, and reveal my terrible mistakes in full retrospect. I was just like Syrixia when I started TNP (no offense Syrixia, just connecting the past to the present), and I will admit I was the cookie cutter definition of someone who knew nothing of etiquette and roleplay. Within weeks of joining, I invaded Zemnaya Svoboda (Eluvatar) and roleplayed one of the worst battles in TNP's history (in my opinion). When I left the forums and abruptly CTE'd I knew I'd make enemies when I returned. I could never be trusted again, and I was just a failure in the eyes of the forums. So yes, I lied. Kayla Brown is a real person...she's my girlfriend. And the Kayla Brown you knew and had pictures of were my aunt (since she was recently engaged).

I am a male, I am 10th in my graduating class, and I am, since this led to kinks in my story, colorblind. To you what may be the colors of red, orange, and pink, are to me just red, another red, and third red.

I've also been very inactive on the forums, as aforementioned by Syrixia. Most of my time has been devoted to my AP studies, and to working with my girlfriend, Kayla. Other time has been devoted to the NPA and the current situation in Lazarus, which is why my nation has resigned its WA and assumed a Lazarus flag.

Therefore, due to this time crunch, I am hereby resigning from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Communications, while keeping my role as Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, Executive Staff of Culture and Executive Staff of Education. In regards to my next term as Speaker, I do not believe that is forecoming. I enjoyed my time as Speaker for the last term, however, I have not been able to keep up with workload involved with it. I will, however, be open to serve on the Cabinet for the next term, and help out any way this region needs me to be.

I'm sorry for the damage and hurt this brings to you, and please, direct all anger and disgust here (yes, I've had some pretty bad telegrams sent) and I will try to answer you the best I know how. All I ask is that you spare my Deputies of your anger. In the past, my deputies have been directed for my mistakes, and I will not tolerate that.

Sincerely yours,

[me]

I still don't like the response you've been getting about this whole thing. So you wanted a clean slate, so what? So you didn't tell people your real gender, so what? As far as I can see, your real life has nothing to do with your accomplishments here, and while I haven't been around for long, you certainly seemed to be a great Speaker, and, considering your statements on your RPs in the past, you've certainly improved dramatically. If anything, coming "clean" about this (even though there isn't anything "unclean" about this whole thing in my eyes) should show that you regret your lying, and that you don't wish to lie about your identity any further, and thus that you are even more trustworthy now.

I'm pretty sure I, and many other people, have lied plenty during our times here. Nobody here even knows what my name is, or my age. Several people don't even know what my gender is. Does this mean I am unworthy of trust? No. I have served faithfully and with gusto as a soldier in the NPA, a roleplayer, a mentor in the HA, Deputy Minister of the HA, and now even Chief of Staff of the NPA.

It is my hope that this "scandal" will blow over before Bootsie clears up his schedule, so that he may continue to be an active and admirable member of The North Pacific and its forums.

Darcania:
I still don't like the response you've been getting about this whole thing. So you wanted a clean slate, so what? So you didn't tell people your real gender, so what? As far as I can see, your real life has nothing to do with your accomplishments here, and while I haven't been around for long, you certainly seemed to be a great Speaker, and, considering your statements on your RPs in the past, you've certainly improved dramatically. If anything, coming "clean" about this (even though there isn't anything "unclean" about this whole thing in my eyes) should show that you regret your lying, and that you don't wish to lie about your identity any further, and thus that you are even more trustworthy now.

I'm pretty sure I, and many other people, have lied plenty during our times here. Nobody here even knows what my name is, or my age. Several people don't even know what my gender is. Does this mean I am unworthy of trust? No. I have served faithfully and with gusto as a soldier in the NPA, a roleplayer, a mentor in the HA, Deputy Minister of the HA, and now even Chief of Staff of the NPA.

It is my hope that this "scandal" will blow over before Bootsie clears up his schedule, so that he may continue to be an active and admirable member of The North Pacific and its forums.
This. It is wrong that Bootsie was attacked like this.

Knowing almost nothing of this individual situation, a general comment.

If you say something, convey an idea that is untrue about yourself, then catching flack for it is on you. Whether in regards to NS or RL.

Should you be harrassed about it? no. But getting called out on it? You're the one that lied in the first place. JAL lied about his age for a long time until he finally came clean. We all (I think) had some moments of "huh" and "that makes sense" and then moved on. It's not like the world has shifted because someone on the internet told a lie. :P

So yeah... Bootsie, whatever your gender, age, location, just enjoy your time on NS, be nice, and if you're gonna lie, either be really damn good at it or accept the consequences. (the alternative is to be really secretive, which some people ( :ADN: ) are reeeeally good at)

Former English Colony:
Knowing almost nothing of this individual situation, a general comment.

If you say something, convey an idea that is untrue about yourself, then catching flack for it is on you. Whether in regards to NS or RL.

Should you be harrassed about it? no. But getting called out on it? You're the one that lied in the first place. JAL lied about his age for a long time until he finally came clean. We all (I think) had some moments of "huh" and "that makes sense" and then moved on. It's not like the world has shifted because someone on the internet told a lie. :P

So yeah... Bootsie, whatever your gender, age, location, just enjoy your time on NS, be nice, and if you're gonna lie, either be really damn good at it or accept the consequences. (the alternative is to be really secretive, which some people ( :ADN: ) are reeeeally good at)
Indeed.

When I started playing Nationstates a lot of people just assumed that I was a middle aged English man. Even to this day few people realise that I was a twelve year old Japanese girl (I am now 23).

All of us play personae on Nationstates. Few of us really know each other. Here you can be who you wish to be, and the only thing you risk is losing trust if you are caught out. There is not a great deal of interest here, and not much that warrants such righteous indignation.

I've seen this on the RMB. It's turned into a scandal now. I know things have been slow, but jeez.

Flemingovia:
When I started playing Nationstates a lot of people just assumed that I was a middle aged English man. Even to this day few people realise that I was a twelve year old Japanese girl
[flash]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY[/flash]

I knew that was you. :rofl:

*shrugs* Honestly, my biggest gripe was that you played to gender stereotypes to try and shield yourself from responses for your own rude behaviour. I am still partially irritated at that, but this is meant to be a game. *shrugs again*

Play the game however you want, but do remember that people will call you out on your behaviour, regardless of whatever role you're playing.

As for resigning from various ministries -- I ask why that's necessary?

Revealed at last! Back to NPTO charter drafting! Ok guys. Seriously. Let's forget this and move on with our lives, for Bootsie's sake. For Pete's sake. Bootsie isn't Kim Kardashian.

Syrixia:
Revealed at last! Back to NPTO charter drafting! Ok guys. Seriously. Let's forget this and move on with our lives, for Bootsie's sake. For Pete's sake. Bootsie isn't Kim Kardashian.
Did you have any suspicion that I was? :P

plembobria:
Darcania:

This. It is wrong that Bootsie was attacked like this.
I agree, so what if Bootsie lied. Everyone lies, it's part of our human nature. And who ever scandalized Bootsie should apologize, seperately :ADN: :P

Good luck in your AP courses :D

Syrixia:
...is this why you made such a big deal out of it when you argued with me?

It is time to be banjected for your sins.

May you rot in the fires of the rejected realms, never to be seen again.

Sorry, I'm just lying. Hopefully you see how harmful lying can be.

images

Darcania:
Syrixia:
...is this why you made such a big deal out of it when you argued with me?
No; it was because I didn't believe what you were saying was actually true. However, this scandal was getting in the way of the Charter Drafting, and so I decided to highlight that in my post. It had nothing to do with our argument.

However, I am glad to see this is over; and as I said, let's forget about this and move on. Bootsie is not Kim Kardashian.

Well, I have several more things I would like to say, but you're right in terms of we should let this go. I really want to get into a nice little meta-argument, but this has gone on long enough. Sorry again for being a jerk about this whole thing when I insisted on arguing with you publicly, contributing to creating a big deal about all this when neither of us wanted to make a big deal out of it.

Yeah, I think this whole "scandal" was a bit overblown. Was I confused? Yes. Angered? Enraged? Infuriated? No.

Just make your avatar a woman. Eventually, in every official announcement of every position you've been appointed to, people will refer to you as a woman. The cover story writes itself!

trust me on this.

Back