[Complete][SC] At Vote: Repeal "Commend Krulltopia"

Repeal "Commend Krulltopia"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal | Resolution: SC#111 | Proposed by: Jean Pierre Trudeau​

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #111: Commend Krulltopia shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council,

Recognizing The Bunny Emperor of Krulltopia as the current delegate of The Pacific as well as Emperor of The New Pacific Order (NPO) for nearly six torturous years,

Noting that regions have a right to sovereignty, regardless of the prevailing international opinion,

Disclosing the horrible coup in Lazarus which has seen the displacement of hordes of native nations, and the complete eradication of The Peoples Republic of Lazarus orchestrated by Krulltopia, The Pacifica Loyalist of Feux, and The Weed-Choked Lawn of A mean old man,

Shocked Krulltopia was commended for playing a crucial part to halt a takeover of Balder which has now inexplicably began to fly a bastardized flag of the New Pacific Order and claims to be allied with both the NPO and New Lazarus Order (NLO),

Believing the actions taken by Krulltopia and the NPO fly firmly in the face of the Security Council's mission of "Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary",

Laughing uncontrollably at the author's accolade of Krulltopia stating "Further noting that, over the course of those three plus years, Krulltopia has worked tirelessly and meticulously with only the aid of a few, very close allies to maintain the flawless security and stability of The Pacific, while promoting the safety of the other Pacific regions" while surreptitiously infiltrating and corrupting the governments of Balder and, more recently Lazarus to bring them directly under NPO control, and inconceivably at the same time allowing The Pacific to sink into stagnation and obscurity,

Firmly believing a commendation authored by known cohorts of Krulltopia specifically Feux, and A Mean Old Man should be taken with extreme suspicion,

Deeming Krulltopia’s actions in Balder and Lazarus, as well as allowing their own region to stagnate to be an affront to the ideologies of regional sovereignty, self-preservation and not fitting of a nation which the World Assembly has bestowed the ultimate honor,

Hereby repeals Security Council resolution #111 "Commend Krulltopia".

Co-Authored by Ainocra

For, Against, or Vote for Pedro (Abstain).

Ministry Determination
Vote Recommendation:
FOR

This will be a short recommendation, because I believe we already have a strong consensus. Krulltopia was an integral part of the Lazarene coup. For that, no condemnation will be enough. However, rather than rewarding the illegal coup with a flashy Condemnation badge, the better move would be to strip them of their Commendations. When they broke Lazarene law and created this international issue, Krulltopia turned their backs on the principals that led to their Commendation, and as such, they lost the right to hold that status.

Therefore, in lieu of an actual condemnation, and in the best interests of The North Pacific and her citizens, the WA Ministry recommends a vote FOR.

Separatist Peoples:
Shocked Krulltopia was commended for playing a crucial part to halt a takeover of Balder which has now inexplicably began to fly a bastardized flag of the New Pacific Order and claims to be allied with both the NPO and New Lazarus Order (NLO),

Laughing uncontrollably at the author's accolade of Krulltopia stating "Further noting that, over the course of those three plus years, Krulltopia has worked tirelessly and meticulously with only the aid of a few, very close allies to maintain the flawless security and stability of The Pacific, while promoting the safety of the other Pacific regions" while surreptitiously infiltrating and corrupting the governments of Balder and, more recently Lazarus to bring them directly under NPO control, and inconceivably at the same time allowing The Pacific to sink into stagnation and obscurity,

Deeming Krulltopia’s actions in Balder and Lazarus, as well as allowing their own region to stagnate to be an affront to the ideologies of regional sovereignty, self-preservation and not fitting of a nation which the World Assembly has bestowed the ultimate honor,
I would really like to vote for this, because I want to repeal Krulltopia's commendation, and I don't particularly like Balder -- but the three clauses I've quoted, related to Balder, appear to be wildly inaccurate. Rachel has made clear that a) Balder does not claim to be allied with the NPO/NLO, b) Balder has not been infiltrated, corrupted, or otherwise placed under the control of the NPO, and c) Krulltopia hasn't had any "actions in Balder."

So while I would like to repeal Krulltopia's commendation, I don't think we should vote for a resolution that contains false statements, particularly about a treaty ally of The North Pacific.

Against.

I mean, Krull shouldn't have been commended for anything to do with Balder in the first place, considering the NPO were stringing Lux along, probably trying to organise exactly what's happened in Lazarus.

Nierr:
I mean, Krull shouldn't have been commended for anything to do with Balder in the first place, considering the NPO were stringing Lux along, probably trying to organise exactly what's happened in Lazarus.

This really should have been in the proposal.

I suggest that we look into making sure future resolution on the Lazarus and NPO subjects be better reviewed for content.

I'm inclined to support this resolution, however.

Tally: 5 For (I'm counting Elu's comment as a vote unless he wishes otherwise), 2 against. My vote is For in accordance.

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
Tally: 5 For (I'm counting Elu's comment as a vote unless he wishes otherwise), 2 against. My vote is For in accordance.

Yeah, I support the resolution, warts and all.

Eluvatar:
Nierr:

This really should have been in the proposal.

I suggest that we look into making sure future resolution on the Lazarus and NPO subjects be better reviewed for content.

I'm inclined to support this resolution, however.
Honestly, that was my read on it. However, in light of the situation, I think the ends justify the means, if only for this one situation.

Against, with the hope that a better drafted and more accurate replacement will be proposed soon.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back