[Complete][SC] Commend "Historia Novorum"

SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION AT VOTE
Commend Historia Novorum

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Historia Novorum | Proposed by: Xapili​

Description: Description: The Security Council,

Observing that the nominated region is an active player in the international community;

Noting that many of the nominated region's leadership, particularly the current World Assembly Delegate The Democratic Union of North America and the Great Lakes, The Duel Monarchy of The New Great Roman Empire, The Republic of Cinnabarra, The Theocracy of Theravada Kampuchea, and The People's Republic of Krakozhya have long and storied histories spanning many years within NationStates;

Recognizing the ingenuity and imagination of the nominated region's visionary objectives in establishing their particular brand of public interactive regional interplay;

Admiring that the aforementioned leaders, as well as other members of the nominated region, have collectively accomplished many praiseworthy feats, including:

Defeating the terrorist-affiliated United Islamist Front in the Middle East after major terrorist attacks in the West

Repelling the avaricious advances of Korea into the Western coast of North America

Launching significant and successful scientific explorations into the nebulous ethereality of space

Applauding the community-oriented democratic government;

Praising the extensive efforts of said government to create a vibrant, freely communicative, and involved community;

Appreciating the atmosphere of realistic authenticity evident in the nominated region;

Remarking that unique niches such as found in the nominated region are the often-overlooked heart of the worldwide community;

Concluding that the nominated region merits an official commendation based on all of the above reasoning;

Hereby Commends: Historia Novorum

Please vote For, Against, or Abstain. I'll also accept any votes for "Pedro", but they will be counted as abstentions.

Ministry Review
Voting Recommendation: Against

The proposal in question highlights a lot of very respectable qualities in a region: regional and inter-regional roleplay, functional regional government, and an active community. If all regions worked as hard to maintain a positive atmosphere, NationStates would likely have a much more dedicated following of new players.

However, the contributions of the region seem mostly limited to their internal merits: Roleplay and self-governance, active community, etc., and only lightly stresses their inter-regional facets. Additionally, while this makes for an excellent review of the region, it is not up to the high standard of Commendations that the World Assembly has traditionally required.

Stylistically, the proposal is well organized, but reads awkwardly as though the adjectives were sent through a thesaurus mostly for visual effect.

As such, the WA Ministry considers it in the best interest of The North Pacific to vote Against.

Just a reminder, everyone and anyone who has a World Assembly nation in The North Pacific can and really should vote in these voting threads, because they allow you to determine the policy of how we, as the largest region in terms of WA nations, vote on these resolutions, even if your vote doesn’t match that of the recommendation. Debate is always welcomed as well.

Just wanted to remind everyone of that.

~ Tomb

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
Just a reminder, everyone and anyone who has a World Assembly nation in The North Pacific can and really should vote in these voting threads, because they allow you to determine the policy of how we, as the largest region in terms of WA nations, vote on these resolutions, even if your vote doesn’t match that of the recommendation. Debate is always welcomed as well.

Just wanted to remind everyone of that.

~ Tomb
Why don't you do that on a regular basis? Inform the region about proposals currently being voted on in the World Assembly, and encourage WA nations to join the forums and to partake in TNP's WA Ministry votes. Potential recruitment right there :P

Against, btw

If I am allowed to post in here because I have a WA Nation, then I am voting against.

If I am not allowed to post here then I am sorry and it will not happen again.

ColossusKing:
If I am allowed to post in here because I have a WA Nation, then I am voting against.

If I am not allowed to post here then I am sorry and it will not happen again.
Yes, you are allowed to post here, thank you for your vote :)

And Andrew, I have acknowledged your comment.

~ Tomb

So far the vote tally is 4 Against - 1 For.

Therefore, the regional vote will be Against.

More votes can come in though and are appreciated.

~ Tomb

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back