Unendorsement Campaigns in TEP and Osiris

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
The following telegram has been sent out to all nations in TEP and Osi:

Hear ye, hear ye!

Your region is under attack from the inside!

It is I, your Supreme Evil Overlord, and I send this message to warn two of the regions within my domain of the threat to their democracies.

What is the threat to your region?
The World Assembly Delegates of The East Pacific and Osiris are planning two simultaneous coups d'etat of the democratic governments of their regions. If this happens, the difficulty of defeating them will be multiplied by two because the inter-regional community of defenders and raiders will be forced to fight them one at a time.

What do The East Pacific and Osiris have in common?
Both of their Delegates are members of an aristocratic "family" of players that is focused on one thing: accumulating personal power. The "Montreser" family is no different or worse than any NationStates family, but in this instance, they cannot be trusted simply because the RISK IS TOO GREAT.

Why now?
The term of office for Tim Stark (who is a member of two families, Stark and Montreser, hence the name Stark) is nearly complete, and ends within the next month or so, and made it the first stated goal in his midterm report to increase his endorsement count to 120. Ramaeus was elected just a few days ago, but has made it the number one priority to increase his endorsement count to 277 endorsements (he is using a challenge to break a record of endorsements as a cover story). The time frame for both of these things is within the next few weeks, as they both said. Coincidence? Not likely. (Tim Stark may run for re-election and may be re-elected, but that will only let both Ramaeus and Tim gain more endorsements while they wait.)

What can you do to stop the coups from ever happening?
Join the World Assembly, endorse everyone except your Delegate. Do not let your delegate have 30 endorsements more than the appointed security nations of your region. The security nations of your region are listed on the World Factbook Entry on your region's page. It is the job of the security nations to have a high number of endorsements in order to prevent the Delegate from couping their region. Specifically, endorse Zaolat in Osiris and Todd McCloud in The East Pacific.

Don't believe me?
I wouldn't trust me, either. However, it can't hurt to take precautions. Tim Stark and Ramaeus may not coup their regions, but nevertheless, do not let them have too many more endorsements than the security nations in your regions. Why take the risk? Trust me, I'm evil incarnated, I would simultaneously coup Osiris and The East Pacific if I were in their shoes.

For reference:
Tim Stark's Endorsement Limit Rules: http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=372689
Tim Stark's Midterm Report, which says he wants 120 endorsements, http://w11.zetaboards.com/OFO/topic/10956650/1/
Ramaeus's Endorsement Campaign: http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=380501

Sincerely,
Supreme Evil Overlord of NationStates
(Just Another Player)

P.S. I hope I am wrong and urge Tim Stark and Ramaeus to resist temptation. If they do not coup their regions, then you should admire them for their character.

The player behind this is People United Together, or Put. Formerly TEP, but left it. Founder of Atrigeas. I'm not sure where else he is or what he does, and according to Tim - who sent me the TG - he's doing it because he dislikes Tim and Ramaeus. As far as I know, there is no truth to the allegations.

I posted this to the SC to prepare for potential internal implications, if any such attempt is tried here. However, we should be prepared to react on the international stage, particularly since TEP are our allies.

R3n had similar programs in place that helped raise him to an endorsement count of 600. He had every right to do that at the time as he was the Delegate, and following his terms of office, he retired and did not coup. Tim Stark and Ramaeus are in a similar position. It is their right and duty to protect the Delegacy, and as you said, there is no solid evidence against them. Nevertheless, I think it would be wise to keep a close eye on the situation.

~ Tomb

I think SillyString is more suggesting we act to support them, than to investigate the patently ridiculous claims.

I'm not sure how best to do so.

This may just be a stunt by a nation who has some sort of dislike towards the respective Delegates and/or their families, but there seems to be little, if not no direct threat to the security of both GCR's. So I think all we could do is be alert and monitor the situation should it develop; maybe try to take the necessary steps here should something like that happen in TNP, though I think it would be unlikely from the look of the TG.

Back