-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
To the Administration Team:

Due to my computer crashing and my fiance's lack of a smartphone, Westeria and I have been forced to share my smartphone as the sole source of Internet for TNP. Due to this fact, our IPs are the same, and therefore, Westeria cannot become a citizen. I would like to formally state that we are two separate users and that I would like an exemption to be made to accommodate my fiance. We will sort these issue out when we get the computer back up and running, but until then, I'm afraid we are stuck with the same IP Address.

Bootisie, there is a good reason why we do not allow multiple citizenships to be run from a single IP address. We have no way of knowing for sure that you are two different players or one player seeking to run multiple characters.

We sometimes allow exemptions for those who play different personae - Asta, Astarial and Sillystring, for example, or Gracius Maximus, Pierconium and the Minister. this is arranged with the Admin team, and only one of the characters is in the Regional Assembly / has citizenship.

i think the admin team would be unlikely to go for two registered citizerns operating from the same IP address. You may be as honest as the day is long but we regularly deal with people trying to play the system, and I would not want to set a precedent that may come back to bite us in the future.

I would suggest that Westeria holds off on citizen application until such time as the computer issue has been resolved.

Bootsie, you may also want to consider the fact that NS itself has very much the same policy as is followed by the Admin team here. You are not the first to represent this type of situation; we have experienced this going back a decade, and given our obligation as admin to enforce the "one nation, one vote" on the forums in performing security checks, I hope you will understand the issue from an admin perspective.

Thank you both from your input. I see now that it is an extra vote. Could he become a Resident or does that require separate IPs as well?

Resident requires passing a security check also, so no, no residency. We won't enforce normal policy of just deleting the account, but for right now he is just a member.

Honestly, given the lack of login, perhaps he should just take a look around and decide if this is for him?

You know what, we just had a talk, and he said he would be okay if the account was just deleted.

Back