Discussion: TNP Resident Spotlight

Darcania:
RPI:
Andrew PMed me, and he said the when; where; and how are up to those being interviewed.
Well, now that I know that:

Any time during the last weekend would have been fine, but due to RL issues it won't be a good idea to interview me in the next couple of days. After that, though, any time in the range I stated above would be fine, and I'd be OK with PMs or IRC.
Ok :)

Ok, so: I will be available tomorrow until about 7:00 PM MDT, at which point I will likely be busy for a while. For Thursday and Friday, I will be available at the time range stated before. During the weekend, I will likely be too busy. For the week after, I will be available during the weekdays except Wednesday at the time range stated above, but I will likely be busy during that weekend again.

Darcania:
Ok, so: I will be available tomorrow until about 7:00 PM MDT, at which point I will likely be busy for a while. For Thursday and Friday, I will be available at the time range stated before. During the weekend, I will likely be too busy. For the week after, I will be available during the weekdays except Wednesday at the time range stated above, but I will likely be busy during that weekend again.
Alright :)

Cascadia:
I sure hope not. It seemed like a great idea.
Indeed. It's a shame, but Tomb and Andrew are both constantly too busy to reliably start up further new things, especially by themselves. Perhaps we should get one of the Deputies or Directors on this? Like Myroria, if they aren't too busy?

Darcania:
Cascadia:
I sure hope not. It seemed like a great idea.
Indeed. It's a shame, but Tomb and Andrew are both constantly too busy to reliably start up further new things, especially by themselves. Perhaps we should get one of the Deputies or Directors on this? Like Myroria, if they aren't too busy?
Maybe so. That's why they were created, to ease the load on the Minister and Deputy.

[me]

Andrew interviewed me about a week ago. Darcania, if I were you I'd set things in motion with Andrew.

RPI:
Andrew interviewed me about a week ago. Darcania, if I were you I'd set things in motion with Andrew.
I'd love to if I were kept up to date, but now I just don't really want to bother. I did as I was told (which wasn't much), and if that isn't enough, I have more important things to worry about, since this is apparently unimportant.

My apologies that I am always too busy to be able to meet certain commitments. However, I would like to state that everything that this Ministry does is for the benefit of the community one way or another so this is definitely important.

However, I will take you up on your suggestions and since I have found my questions now, it may be just better for me to PM the individuals that need interviewing the list of questions so they may be able to answer it at their own time rather than have a fuss over time. How does that sound? And perhaps we may be able to ask Myroria but they may be too busy as well.

Apologies, but because I was left far out of the loop on something I thought was important, and I had to receive all my information from another participant (RPI) who had received the information directly, exacerbated by pre-existing... conditions... it simply appeared to me that either I or the program itself (which I thought was a good idea and was looking forward to participating in) was unimportant, and thus I had wasted my time and motivation.

Darcania:
Apologies, but because I was left far out of the loop on something I thought was important, and I had to receive all my information from another participant (RPI) who had received the information directly, exacerbated by pre-existing... conditions... it simply appeared to me that either I or the program itself (which I thought was a good idea and was looking forward to participating in) was unimportant, and thus I had wasted my time and motivation.
My sincere apologies for that Darcania.

So, I've submitted my answers a while ago. Just wanted an update on this. I'd understand if people are a little too busy to do this, since it's exam time and the General Election is underway.

Darcania:
So, I've submitted my answers a while ago. Just wanted an update on this. I'd understand if people are a little too busy to do this, since it's exam time and the General Election is underway.
Yep i've got yours. Just waiting for afew more. :)

Alright. My apologies about the long delay, but I have interviewed Darcania, RPI and Alta and have there logs. I will post them here when time permits.

I was thinking that we include the Interview logs in a Press Release, what do y'all think?

Andrew:
Alright. My apologies about the long delay, but I have interviewed Darcania, RPI and Alta and have there logs. I will post them here when time permits.

I was thinking that we include the Interview logs in a Press Release, what do y'all think?
Very good.

Thanks for reminding me. I have got the logs of the interviews, Ill just post them and issue a Press Release :)

Right. My apologies for the low wait but they are here. Two interviews made by two individuals who have gone quite far in the region in such a short amount of time

RPI:
When did you join NS?
I joined in early February, I think sometime around the 2nd or 3rd of the month.

What are your interests? Hobbies? (I'll welcome any comments on Hobbies and Interests in RL )
I like to keep up to date on politics, etc. I also enjoy tennis and piano and all music in general. I also love airplanes and aeronautics.

What are your dislike and PP's? Why? (also welcome comments on RL)
I hate when people say "your guys'" instead of "you guys'" when talking in the possessive. It just drives me nuts. :P Also, people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom, seriously, wash your hands XD I don't have many pet peeves on NS yet. I guess I haven't been here long enough.

Do you have an NS Family? Are you interested in getting one?
No, and not unless someone really wants me to join theirs.

What what you classify yourself as, Independent, Raider, Defender?
I'd say I'm independent.

Are you interested in RPing? Why?
Yes, I am. I think the idea of creating and shaping an alternate reality of your own is fun :P Even if it's not actually "reality"

What are your hopes in TNP? What do you aspire to be in the next month/three months/year?
I hope to become Speaker this May. I absolutely love the Speaker's Office :P
Maybe eventually I hope to become Delegate, but I think the Speaker's Office will be my home for some time to come.

Out of all the people you have meet in TNP, who would you say has the most kindest? Who's been the most inspirational?

Where did you spawn if not TNP? What did you do after you joined TNP, did you immediately join the forums?
I spawned in TNP. Yes, when I joined TNP, I registered almost immediately on the forums.

What was your first impression when you joined the offsite forum? Did it/or anyone intimidate you in any way?
Yes, it did actually. There was so much going on, I didn't know where to begin.

Who was the first person who spoke to you and what did they say?
The first person that spoke to me was Tomb onsite. I asked him about TNP elections, I believe, and about the positions in government.

What was you primary interests upon joining the Forums? Politics, the NPA, RP?
My primary interest was getting involved in the government. At first I was interested in the Court, but then I was introduced to the Speaker's Office, and that's where I am currently :P

Was it hard for you to become accustomed to TNP or was it easy to make your way around?
I was a bit overwhelmed with everything at first, but after a few days I began to know my way around better.

You are the Deputy Speaker of the RA and Staff Director in HA, do you like your jobs?
I absolutely love my jobs. And, hopefully I can win the Speaker election this month :D

What would you say is the best things about your jobs? What don't you like about them?
The best thing is the knowledge that I'm helping out. It's fun to contribute to the community and know you make a difference. What I don't like would probably the idea that one day I won't have these jobs anymore.

Your rise to prominence was quicker than most, how did you accomplish this?
I really couldn't say :P I just put in as much effort as I could to get to where I am today :D

Darcania:
When did you join NS?

I joined NationStates because my sister recommended it to me, since I had left all of my other roleplaying sites at the time. She and several of her friends were active members and roleplayers in NationStates at the time, though most of their nations have ceased to exist at the moment.

What are your interests? Hobbies? (I'll welcome any comments on Hobbies and Interests in RL )

Mostly, I like writing. I've been writing since elementary school and haven't stopped for long. I also like drawing, but I don't draw nearly as often as I would like. I'm also a proficient computer programmer: I know C++, Java, HTML, and several other languages. Finally, I enjoy math and science, though I haven't really done as much of that lately.

What are your dislike and PP's? Why? (also welcome comments on RL)

Most of all, I hate hypocrisy. I also hate willful ignorance. I also hate those using religion for their own hateful ways. For pet peeves, I'd say that my major one would be godmodding in roleplays. I hate even minor godmodding, like the assumption that my character would do something minor when I didn't say they were doing as such, though I've been working on that, especially since these national RPs tend to involve controlling several characters at once, and I sometimes forget to state that one of them is doing something.

Do you have an NS Family? Are you interested in getting one?

No, I don't have an NS Family, especially considering I had to ask on IRC what that was. I would not be interested in becoming part of one. My sister is still on NS, but, according to the IRC, that doesn't count as an NS Family.

What what you classify yourself as, Independent, Raider, Defender?
'd say Independent. Raiding and defending, to me, are political tools, and we should use them as such. For example, The North Pacific supported the Lazarene government-in-exile, and the NPA was called upon to support resistance efforts in Lazarus.

Are you interested in RPing? Why?

Well, considering I'm up for a Lennart for Best RPer, I'd say that I'm most certainly interested in RPing. I like to practice characters and the way they act with my RPs, since that's my main weakness with my writing.

What are your hopes in TNP? What do you aspire to be in the next month/three months/year?

At the moment, I aspire to be three things: Minister of Home Affairs (sorry, Andrew), Deputy Speaker to learn more about the laws of TNP and how the RA works, and a Roleplay Moderator or Consultant. For the long term, I hope to be Delegate, a General in the NPA, and even a member of the Security Council.

Out of all the people you have meet in TNP, who would you say has the most kindest? who's been the most inspirational?

I don't think I can pick a kindest person out of TNP. Most everyone here is always helpful and kind. There hasn't been a single inspirational person, either.

Where did you spawn if not TNP?

I spawned in TNP.

What did you do after you joined TNP, did you immediately join the forums?

No, I most certainly did not immediately join the forums. NationStates itself was difficult enough for a socially impaired autistic person. Sure, the mechanics were easy enough for me to figure out, but diving headfirst into a community wasn't exactly easy to cope with. After I got the general tone of NS and TNP in particular, I started posting on the RMB to get to know people, then, when I got the recruitment telegram to join the forums, I joined.

What was your first impression when you joined the offsite forum? Did it/or anyone intimidate you in anyway?

Well, the forum style was intimidating. I've never been an active member of any forums, and it seemed almost too serious for a satirical game like NS. It was like spawning in TNP all over again: a deeper, more intimate community, new mechanics to figure out. Yeah, I most definitely was intimidated, though, again, the helpfulness of most everyone in TNP helped out a lot, and I managed

Who was the first person who spoke to you and what did they say?

Hmm... Well, in the forums, the first person was Nessuno, who welcomed me to the forums when I posted an introduction. For NS, I'd say the first person I had a conversation with was Zemnaya Svoboda, or Eluvatar as he's known here. He sent me a TG asking whether he should run for Delegate, even though I was very new and barely even knew what a Delegate was in gameplay, let alone the forums. I don't think I was much of a help, but I basically told him that he'd manage any issues if he ran, and if he won then that would mean the people agree. He ended up running, but McMasterdonia won the race in the end.

What was you primary interests upon joining the Forums? Politics, the NPA, RP?

I mostly joined the forums to roleplay, since the NS forums were the most confusing, and I didn't want to deal with the insane amount of people there. I was also interested in becoming part of the government, but that was also confusing, and I ended up just roleplaying for a while.

Was it hard for you to become accustomed to TNP or was it easy to make your way around?

It was certainly difficult. As I said, I'm autistic, so it can be very difficult for me to understand people or communities. Thankfully, there were plenty of people willing to help, and I'm a fast learner, so the difficulty didn't last too long.

You were the Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, do you like your job?

It can certainly be challenging. That whole affair with A Lost Soul, for which I was front and center, was probably the most difficult part. I had to find out what to do with him both as his mentor and as Deputy Minister with a person who simply didn't want to listen and who was well-known as such. In the end, though, I certainly enjoy my job. It's nice being able to make a difference, even if it's with a relatively small community.

What would you say were the best things about your job? What don't you like about it?

I'd say that the best thing is seeing the result of all my hard work. It's always nice to see a mentee become a staple part of the TNP community, or to see an idea for a project pay off. Especially with regards to the Mentoring Project: By working with Cascadia to build off of what Tomb and Andrew began, it's now a well-organized, efficient, and ideal part of the Ministry. As for the most difficult part, I'd say that it's always hard to see all my hard work result in nothing. I tried my best to mentor A Lost Soul, and to teach him that he would never have any major positions or even friends in TNP if he continued to act as he did, but, in the end, I had to stop mentoring him, as he wouldn't listen to me and hates me to this day.

Now, I'm not sure about the interview with Darcania as now he has resigned as Deputy Minister. I have my own ideas but I would to hear your suggestions, should we make the necessary edits, make a completely new interview or not include him at all?

Back