Some general directions

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
As a priority, all Minister's should ensure that the executive staff applications for their Ministry are up to date. We need to ensure that these applications are processed quickly, so that new members do not lose interest.

I will offer some general directions for each area of the cabinet:

Defence:

I have received a message from Milograd of the West Pacific, seeking the North Pacific Army out as a potential ally to assist the West Pacifican Armed Forces in an operation. I would recommend that the Minister speak to Milograd about this as a priority.

I would recommend that the Minister consult with Gladio about any/all ongoing operations that are planned, and any commitments that Gladio has made to other commanders about operations after the Delegacy transition.

Foreign Affairs:

I would direct the Minister to introduce himself to the Foreign Minister of all of our close Embassies. You should inform them that you have recently been appointed Minister, and that you look forward to working to continuing our strong relationship in the term ahead. Try to make the messages a little personal. In the case of Taijitu and Equilism, tell the respective Ministers that we are interested in looking at a review of our current treaty (to improve it, not to remove it).
The Delegate of the International Democratic Union (Not sure who this is at present)
Calvin Coolidge, Minister of Foreign Affairs Europeia
Lord Ravenclaw, the South Pacific Minister of Foreign Affairs
Josh Sebastian, Minister of Foreign Affairs Balder
Bachtendekuppen, Minister of Foreign Affairs (The East Pacific)
The Monkye, Chief Minister of Equilism
Dame Olivia Calidan, Knight Foreign, Albion
Myroria, Citizen-Diplomat of Taijitu
General Hammond, Stargate.

Culture and Entertainment

I plan to announce the Role Play Convention to start from next Wednesday. The Minister should start planning for this. I would recommend having the various threads prepared and stored in a google doc until the time comes.

Home Affairs

I would like the Home Affairs team to pay careful attention to the Mentorship program. I think we should adopt some of Alunya's RMB suggestions, and maintain a public list of those involved in mentoring.

Communications

I think COE is on the right track in establishing his support team, I have no further directions at this point. I will post some ideas for articles in the Editors desk.

WA Affairs

The first item on our agenda will be inviting the various signatories of the WALL to the North Pacific to review the progress of the arrangement to date. I would like you to review your deputy team. Remove inactive members, and if necessary, look for more abroad.

Education:

The first priority should be advertising what the Education Executive Staff team will do, and how you will divide their responsibilities. We need to have this in the executive staff thread as soon as possible. Then we should begin planning for the lecture series, and discuss FAQ rewrites and the necessity of classes in the University.

For education the staff can be divided into two different categories: writers and organizers.

Writers

Writers will be responsible for making announcements in their work area and around the university. They will also work on rewriting FAQs and preparing any notes needed for classes, lectures, or speeches.

Organizers

Organizers will be responsible for putting together large scale projects. They will organize classes and work on organizing the lecture series. They may also be responsible for leading classes.

It's not much but it's a start. Any thoughts, edits, ideas?

Not a bad start. I wonder if you could liven it up a bit more? I've also asked SillyString to take a look at it.

Another direction, I'd suggest that all Minister's maintain a public office thread. This thread should serve for short announcements and for questions from the public. We want to encourage community participation and involvement in holding you guys to account ;)

McM, I was wondering, how should we start the reforming the mentoring system? Should I start a thread in the Home Affairs Ministry about it and see what input the Ministry has to give?

I can go ahead and put Alunya's suggestions in there, too, if you want to.

And if any other Minister or the Vice-Delegate has input, I would be more than happy to hear it.

~ Tomb

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
McM, I was wondering, how should we start the reforming the mentoring system? Should I start a thread in the Home Affairs Ministry about it and see what input the Ministry has to give?

And if any other Minister or the Vice-Delegate has input, I would be more than happy to hear it.

~ Tomb

That is a good question. A conversation with the rest of your home affairs team would be a good place to start. Really, I need to hear from you about it. What has been working for you/hasn't been working?

Should we have a mentor sign up sheet in the Docks for new members? Would you rather offer those services directly through the PM's you send?

mcmasterdonia:
The Democratic Republic of Tomb:

~ Tomb

That is a good question. A conversation with the rest of your home affairs team would be a good place to start. Really, I need to hear from you about it. What has been working for you/hasn't been working?

Should we have a mentor sign up sheet in the Docks for new members? Would you rather offer those services directly through the PM's you send?
McM, I have posted a thread for discussion in the Home Affairs HQ. I look forward to your and SillyString's input when you are available. Generally, discussing topics like this with the team has always helped me see what we're capable of and just the overall view of the ideas on the suggested topics, in this case reforming the mentoring system.

And McM, I think that compromising between putting up a sign sheet and sending PMs is best. We can put a sign-up thread for all new members, but at the same time keep track of members so if a member doesn't sign up in a particular time period, we can go ahead and contact them to make sure they are aware of the fact that they can sign up or just to start mentoring them if they don't want to sign up.

~ Tomb

Back