-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
[img=120,116]http://wiki.taijitu.org/w/images/thumb/7/7b/Ecclesia_seal.svg/120px-Ecclesia_seal.svg.png[/img]
November Update
Taijitu Foreign Service

Government of Taijitu
Citizen-Delegate: Jutensa
Citizen-Initiator: Gulliver (Gullivania)
Citizen-Diplomat: Of the US
Citizen-Sergeant: Dyr Nasad (The First Garrison)

Registered Citizen-Legislators of the Ecclesia: 23​

New constitution on path to passage
[img=640,431]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4a/CharlesThevenin-FeteDeLaFederation.JPG/640px-CharlesThevenin-FeteDeLaFederation.JPG[/img]
Taijitu's residents meet for a public reading of the proposed Constitution, as an omen from above implies its imminent success.

Taijitu's first constitution since the Glorious Revolution that brought direct democracy to the region is set to pass the Ecclesia, Taijitu's legislature, on the 27th. The new Constitution, drafted by Citizen Eluvatar with a Bill of Rights written by Citizen Zimmerwald (Zimmerwald1912), is minimalist in nature, specifying only that the Ecclesia shall make all laws, that all citizens may vote in the Ecclesia, and that any amendments to the Constitution or Bill of Rights may only be enacted after two separate votes pass the legislature by a two-thirds majority.

The Bill of Rights, a considerably longer document, guarantees 14 individual rights to all Taijituans.

The new document came to a vote after a constitutional convention that lasted nearly a month and a half. Of many proposed ideas, Eluvatar's minimalist draft attracted the most interest and was put to a vote on the 22nd. In a higher-than-average turnout, Taijitu's citizen-legislators have so far approved the Eluvatar-Zimmerwald draft unanimously. The vote is expected to end tomorrow with a victory for direct democracy, Taijitu, and the Ecclesia.

Gulliver takes office as Citizen-Initiator
[img=758,537]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Salle_des_cinq_cents.jpg[/img]
Gulliver (podium, right) addresses the Ecclesia after his election.

Gulliver, one of Taijitu's original founders and former Delegate and Speaker of the Senate, took office this month as Citizen-Initiator after Myroria's resignation. Citizen-Initiator, a unique Taijituan office, is de jure responsible only for approving citizenship requests but traditionally acts as speaker of the legislature as well.

In a wide-fielded election, Gulliver triumphed over competing candidates Funkadelia (Funkadelia Island), Wast (Annexea), and Delfos (New Delfos). In a post-victory statement, Gulliver said "[my election] happened. I would like to thank those who voted for me for their support." Winking, he continued, "those who voted against me will be ostracized in order to think about what they've done. [...] As Initiator I will make sure that our region moves forwards, not backwards, sideways, not oscillating, and ever twirling, twirling into the void."

We thank Gulliver for his kind words and ask Citizen-Augur St Oz to look for good omens in the movements of the birds this fall.

Congrats to Gulliver on his new office, Elu! And good luck with the new constitution!

~ Tomb

Back