Campaign rally

Full support of an McM delegacy, but I plan on voting for Tomb once the next VD elections begin.

No offense, but I'm set on Tomb. I respect him; I'm in the HA Ministry, he was my first ally, and he's a great politician.

Right now I've already set my mind on who I'm voting for Delegate (McM) and Speaker (Bootsie), but VD is a tougher decision. I'm kind of leaning towards SillyString because she seems to understand the security role of the VD best amongst the three candidates, but I think that Tomb or Malvad will be able to put in the dedication necessary to excelling in this role.

Cormac:
You both have my support. ^_^
Thank you! I'm glad to have it. ...Especially since you're the one who twisted my arm the FIRST go around...

I think we will be releasing our platform in the next couple of days. :)

Thanks for the support to all who have expressed it. Remember to vote McMasterdonia for Delegate and SillyString for Vice Delegate in the upcoming elections.

The in-game campaign is well underway, today I returned from work to find more than 200 unread telegrams in my inbox. The interest from the game side community has been very significant. The most common questions I have been asked is "How do I vote?" and there seem to be a lot of nations who simply didn't realise that they could vote - or that a vote was expressed in another way than through exchanging endorsements.

While it took quite a long time to reply to all the telegrams it was quite enjoyable, and I am finding that it isn't too difficult to remember the exchanges I've had with each nation. I've also received some rather amusing responses ;)

You do not have Cronaal's support. You have been a very popular delegate in previous times, and the first I truly experienced and spoke to, but we wish to see new blood.

Cronaal:
You do not have Cronaal's support. You have been a very popular delegate in previous times, and the first I truly experienced and spoke to, but we wish to see new blood.
...............what?

Ahh, I understand. Misunderstood it :P

midtkandal:
You both have my full support.
Thank you :)
Cronaal:

Thanks for the honesty. :) as I have said before, I always support bringing in fresh blood and new faces were possible. I fully expected Aba or Nwahs (possibly both to run), but Aba was recently removed and Nwahs is happy being speaker. I still hope that this will be a competitive election and that the campaign itself will bring in many new faces and ideas.

mcmasterdonia:
midtkandal:
You both have my full support.
Thank you :)
Cronaal:

Thanks for the honesty. :) as I have said before, I always support bringing in fresh blood and new faces were possible. I fully expected Aba or Nwahs (possibly both to run), but Aba was recently removed and Nwahs is happy being speaker. I still hope that this will be a competitive election and that the campaign itself will bring in many new faces and ideas.
Thanks for understanding, I'd be like that if I was old enough and cared to vote in real life.

You said you wouldn't run in January unless you saw a need for you to be the Delegate. What exactly evinces a need for you to run?

mcmasterdonia:
Australia is Democratic. We ranked 12th on the World Global Democracy index in 2012. We have regular, free, fair, meaningful, and fully franchised, elections at local, state and federal level. Our constitution cannot be amended without going through an exhaustive process and extensive public consultation. We do not require a piece of paper with our rights written on them, in order to protect them.

That said, there have been some 'minor' corruption issues in recent years. We have had serious instability in federal leadership for a number of years. Our Government is not always transparent, and seems willing to support torture, genocide, and violence in foreign lands as long as it is not in the public mind/site and as long as our ally is the one doing it. Not too unlike the United States. Vested interests, including corporate, mining, and media interests have held far too much power in our politics in recent years. Our media is strongly controlled by Rupert Murdoch and other Mining Billionaires who brought down our elected governments when they start to question how much money the state and our people actually receive for our resources. I could keep going for days.
I thought Australia was just a big abbey run by an abbot named Tony. I fear that I am dreadfully wrong.

Funkadelia:
McMasterdonia :tb2:
Funkadelia :w00t: :tb2:
plembobria:
You said you wouldn't run in January unless you saw a need for you to be the Delegate. What exactly evinces a need for you to run?

mcmasterdonia:
Australia is Democratic. We ranked 12th on the World Global Democracy index in 2012. We have regular, free, fair, meaningful, and fully franchised, elections at local, state and federal level. Our constitution cannot be amended without going through an exhaustive process and extensive public consultation. We do not require a piece of paper with our rights written on them, in order to protect them.

That said, there have been some 'minor' corruption issues in recent years. We have had serious instability in federal leadership for a number of years. Our Government is not always transparent, and seems willing to support torture, genocide, and violence in foreign lands as long as it is not in the public mind/site and as long as our ally is the one doing it. Not too unlike the United States. Vested interests, including corporate, mining, and media interests have held far too much power in our politics in recent years. Our media is strongly controlled by Rupert Murdoch and other Mining Billionaires who brought down our elected governments when they start to question how much money the state and our people actually receive for our resources. I could keep going for days.
I thought Australia was just a big abbey run by an abbot named Tony. I fear that I am dreadfully wrong.

A good question. The truth is that I have been approached by a number of people who were concerned about the next Delegate election given that HMS Unicorn/R3naissanc3r is unable to seek a third term of office. I talk to a lot of people in this region on a regular basis, and some of the people who I thought *might* run for Delegate, were either not interested, too inactive, or didn't believe the time was right for them. With that in mind, I took the view that I should run for Delegate in January. As it says in my campaign platform and the opening speech, I have significant amount of experience in nearly every area of Government, I have a huge amount of in-game recognition, and significant experience in NS Diplomacy and military gameplay. With all of that in mind, I took the view that I could provide the most active, consistent, and experienced government for the North Pacific over the next four months. Please note that I am not committing to run for a second term, but I believe that I will serve the region well for the next four months of office.

North East Somerset:
I back #Mcmasta2015
xD
Though I kind of like the idea of McSilly2015 :D

McMasterdonia - though I did not vote for you, you know that it was an extremely tight call for me. Both you and Eluvatar have served the region excellently, and I am sure that both of you would do so again, no matter who was elected. That being said, I must take this opportunity to congratulate you on your election; you have my full support, and that of the entire region's.

Back