TNL new issue

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
I would like us to release a new issue of TNL before the end of the month.

Here are the articles that should definitely be included (in parentheses is a non-exhaustive list of things that should be covered in the article):

1) General Election (Delegate, Vice Delegate, Speaker, runoff, record votes, and also the new Cabinet).
2) NPA (record deployment, statistics of activity and consistent large deployments, emphasis on benefits of systematic training and recruitment).
3) Silly advice column (Asta knows what to include :P ).

Here are some other possible articles (we can pick a subset):

4) Court activity.
5) Cultural events in TNP (we could talk about a "cultural renaissance" and list many of the various events going on).
6) Feature article on the sovereignty conference.

And of course, suggestions for other articles are welcome.

I am going to write number (2), and I can also take a stab at number (6) if we decided to include it. I have contacted Asta about article (3). I will leave it up to Punk to appoint writers for the other articles.

I can take court activity. I may try to take number 1 as well if we want to get this out this month.

I don't know who is still a writer.

Here's my thought. If we get this out this month, I'm thinking of getting on an every other month cycle for articles. Say September, November, January, etc. I think monthly is a little too difficult, but every other month should be doable. I also like set schedules so folks know what's do when. For this issue to get it out this month, if you can do 2 and 6 and I take court activity and elections and Silly does her thing, I think that's enough meat and potatoes to get the issue out.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to recruit writers.

Let's first focus on getting this issue out before the end of the month. That should be our first priority. After that, as I mentioned in my campaign (and discussed with you privately), I am planning on having a serious re-evaluation of our current publication format.

You can get an idea of the writers by looking at the members of the Executive Staff for this Ministry. There is also a roster here. However, several of the members listed never actually contributed, and I expect many of them will need to be replaced.

I can take #1 if you want to.
Having been an Election Commissioner during the time, I was "right on the scene" in the elections.

~ Tomb

I'll let Punk confirm, but I think you'd do a great job Tomb.

Remember that we are trying to get the issue out before the end of the month. When you have your articles ready, post them in the Editor's Desk.

I'll make sure to type it up first thing tomorrow morning.
I would have done it now, but I want to be awake to make sure it is well written with plenty of details with in the limit, of course.

~ Tomb

I can write something. I guess the cultural events are left, so I could do that. If you need any help with the one on the Sovereignty Conference r3n, let me know.

I'll wait for PD to confirm what he wants me to do.

Sorry guys...killer week last week and this. I'll try to respond this week to the issues above, but it's rough out there for a pimp....

My article about the Sept. General Elections and new TNP cabinet is ready, by the way.

~ Tomb

Back