FRAvision

Joe Bobs

TNPer
FRAvision.jpg

EVENT HANDBOOK 2014

TABLE OF CONTENTS
  • I. What is FRAVision?
  • II. How do I join? What songs can I submit?
  • III. How does judging work? When does it start?
  • IV. When is the awards ceremony? What are the prizes?

I. What is FRAVision?

What isn't FRAVision? FRAVision is the answer to everything, the greatest way to win over the subject(s) of your affection, and the only verifiable way to actually "win" the game of NationStates.

...None of that is quite true, but FRAVision is a cultural event unlike any other on NS. Inspired by the real-world Eurovision contest, FRAVision features regions and players from across the game coming together to participate in a fun, and competitive, song contest. This is the third year that the event is running, and we're excited to have the pleasure of organizing it again.

FRAVision is a contest where players represent their regions and submit their songs. Player(s) can submit songs on behalf of their region* and, if they win, the player will receive an individual prize and their region will have the honor of holding the contest on their forum next year!

The event's hosts and administrators are Wopruthien, myself, and, if you're lucky this year, maybe Chin-Chillas. As its name implies, the event is hosted by the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA), but in spirit and practice, FRAVision is an event for everyone, and we really do hope that you'll enjoy it. Whether you submit a song, or just want to tune in and listen, there's no avoiding the fact that there is much fun to be had during these three special weeks!

II. How do I join? What songs can I submit?

Information to Know:
  1. Submissions are open from September 8th until September 22nd. Anyone may submit a song.
  2. One song per contestant. There is no limit on how many songs can be submitted on a single region's behalf, but regions should remember that having votes in their favor split between several entries can hurt their odds of winning during the judging period. For this reason, we now offer a players the option to flag their entries as "non-competing".
  3. You can submit any sort of song you like. It can be a cover of a real song (e.g. you can sing something by Kanye West, The Beatles or Rich Homie Quan), you can write an original work, or it can be related to your nation. Writing lyrics related to NS is another fun option. It's your choice!
  4. The song can be hosted in whatever way we can see it. Youtube or a reliable online mp3 host is recommended. If you're not sure how to do this, feel free to contact Wopruthien for assistance.
  5. You can sing, but you don't have to sing. Simply playing an instrument, or even pursuing some outrageous avant-garde collection of humming machines, is a valid entry. Once again, you get complete control over what you submit. Don't be afraid to take advantage of that fact!
How to Submit

Contestants post the following form in the Submissions forum to enter themselves into the contest.

Contestant Submission Form:
Topic Title: (Name of individual, group or region)'s Entry

Name of Candidate:
Inspiration/Description of entry:
Entry: (link to video, song or posting of lyrics)
Why should you win? -

Do you want this song to be flagged as non-competing (e.g. will not be judged as a part of the competition) Choosing this is only advisable if your region has already submitted a song. -

III. How does judging work?

Judging occurs from September 23rd - September 28th.

Once the submission phase is over, contestants and the judging team (made up of all regional reps of the FRA Regional Assembly) will vote on their preferred songs. Judges will rate their top 5 songs in order of preference (awarding their favourite 12 (douze) points, then 10 (dix) points, 8 (huit) points and so forth). This will be done by judges posting their votes in a designated thread I will open.

IV. When is the awards ceremony? What are the prizes?

On September 29th, the Awards Ceremony will commence. The following awards are given:
  1. First Place Entry - Whole Note Award (Gold)
  2. Second Place Entry - Half Note Award (Silver)
  3. Third Place Entry - Quarter Note Award (Bronze)
  4. Last Place Entry - Engelbert Humperdink Award
The following awards are given, and all winners will earn the right to a neat award image that he/she can don in his/her signatures.

The first place contestant's region is also given the privilege of hosting the FRAVision Song Contest on their forum the next year, on the condition that they have the infrastructure and activity necessary to organize it at that time.

Happy Composing! You may contact the hosts with any further questions about the Contest.

Yours truly,

Joe Bobs,
Arch-Chancellor of the FRA
Host of FRAVision 2014

Wopruthien,
Host of FRAVision 2014

Milograd,
Former Arch-Chancellor of the FRA

Back