[private] Proposed Templates

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
I would like to tweak the existing court decision template, and establish some for Requests for Review and Briefs, and maybe for criminal charges if y'all agree that that's us and not the AG. Anything in pink is a "pick one from the list"; anything in green is optional and should be used if applicable. Blue is fill in the blank.

So first, RfRs:

Request for Review: TITLE

I hereby request that the Court review the following {law, policy, action by a government official}:
Item requested
-----

I believe this {law, policy, action} to be a violation of the following {clause, clauses} of the Constitution:
Constitutional clauses
EXPLANATION OF ALLEGED VIOLATION.

-----

I believe this {law, policy, action} to be a violation of the following {clause, clauses} of the Bill of Rights:
Bill of Rights clauses

-----

I believe this {law, policy, action} to be a violation of the following {clause, clauses} of the Legal Code:
Legal Code clauses

-----

I believe this {law, policy, action} to be a violation of the following {ruling, rulings} issued by the Court:
Court rulings

-----

To establish my standing as an affected party in this matter, I assert the following:

This {law, policy, action} has specifically violated my {right, freedom} TO/OF WHAT. EXPLANATION.

This {law, policy, action} has adversely affected me. EXPLANATION.
And now briefs, though this is a very very rudimentary draft:

Brief: TITLE

I submit the following brief to the court as a legal argument on the matter of TITLE:

LEGAL ARGUMENT.

While briefs may expand upon or argue against specific assertions in the original filing or in other briefs, they must be written as standalone arguments and not as direct replies to another poster. Briefs which stray too far into arguing with others rather than addressing the Court may be discarded.
And now for decisions!

court-seal.png

Ruling of the Court of the North Pacific
In regards to the Request for Review filed by WHO regarding WHAT

Opinion drafted by NAME, joined by NAME(S)
The Court took into consideration the request for review filed here by WHOEVER.

The Court took into consideration WHAT of the Constitution of the North Pacific:
Constitution
The Court took into consideration WHAT of the Bill of Rights of the North Pacific:
Bill of Rights
The Court took into consideration WHAT of the Legal Code of the North Pacific:
Legal Code
The Court took into consideration WHAT of the OTHER DOCUMENT of the North Pacific:
Other Document
The Court took into consideration its previous rulings:
Court rulings
The Court opines the following:

WHATEVER IT IS WE OPINE

Thoughts? Suggestions? I could especially use help on the Briefs template.

Updated:

Request for Review Template​
Title your Request for Review thread in the following manner:
Code:
Request for Review: <INSERT YOUR TITLE>

Begin your post with the following template:
Code:
I hereby request that the Court review the following <CHOOSE ONE: law | government policy | action by a government official>:[quote]<INSERT QUOTE FROM APPROPRIATE DOCUMENT OR POST>[/quote]

Then select one or more of the following templates to continue your post. Use the Additional Document template if the item you are requesting a review of has violated a legal document besides the Constitution, Bill of Rights, or Legal Code, such as the RA Rules or Security Council procedures.
Code:
I believe that the above <CHOOSE ONE: law | policy | action> has violated the following portion of the Constitution:[quote]<INSERT CLAUSE(S) FROM CONSTITUTION>[/quote]
I believe that it has violated the Constitution in the following way: <EXPLANATION OF VIOLATION>
Code:
I believe that the above <CHOOSE ONE: law | policy | action> has violated the following portion of the Bill of Rights:[quote]<INSERT CLAUSE(S) FROM BILL OF RIGHTS>[/quote]
I believe that it has violated the Bill of Rights in the following way: <EXPLANATION OF VIOLATION>
Code:
I believe that the above <CHOOSE ONE: policy | action> has violated the following portion of the Legal Code:[quote]<INSERT CLAUSE(S) FROM LEGAL CODE>[/quote]
I believe that it has violated the Legal Code in the following way: <EXPLANATION OF VIOLATION>
Code:
I believe that the above <CHOOSE ONE: policy | action> has violated the following portion of <ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT>:[quote]<INSERT CLAUSE(S) FROM ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT>[/quote]
I believe that it has violated the <ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT> in the following way: <EXPLANATION OF VIOLATION>

If you wish to cite a Court ruling to support your request, use the following template. This may be used more than once:
Code:
I cite the following ruling by the Court in support of my request, issued by Justice <NAME OF JUSTICE> on <DATE OF RULING>:[quote]<QUOTE FROM COURT RULING>[/quote]
This ruling supports my request in the following way: <EXPLANATION OF RULING'S RELEVANCE TO YOUR REQUEST>

End your post by establishing your standing using one or both of the following templates. This is required.
Code:
This <CHOOSE ONE: law | government policy | action by a government official> has specifically violated my <CHOOSE ONE: right | freedom> to: <RIGHT OR FREEDOM THAT HAS BEEN VIOLATED>
It has violated my <CHOOSE ONE: right | freedom> in the following way: <EXPLANATION OF HOW YOUR RIGHT OR FREEDOM HAS BEEN VIOLATED>
Code:
This <CHOOSE ONE: law | government policy | action by a government official> has adversely affected me in the following way: <EXPLANATION OF ADVERSE AFFECT>

[For the record and for the avoidance of certain potential future complaints, discussion and formal adoption of this template occurred off-site.]

Back