Voting in the WA

Xadowia

TNPer
I don't know whether or not this is the right place to post this issue, feel free to move it to a more appropriate place in case.
I ama WA member, and as all the WA members I am prompted to express on the resolutions at vote.
I know there is a TNP representative to the WA and when I can I contribute with my vote to the Regional position the delegate must express in the WA.
How should I behave when I want to cast my vote to the WA and to the Regional delegate position?

I mean, if the final decision on the Regional Delegate vote is the same my nation has on a given issue I go to the WA and vote accordingly, this reinforces the possibility to a success of the Regional position.

What should I do when the Regional position voted by the Regional Assembly (which I fully accept) is opposed to my nation's position?
Should I abstain from voting in the WA or should I consider myself free to go against the Regional decisions and cast my vote as such?

Maybe this could seem a trivial question, but I think sometimes one should give up his/her beliefs when the community within which one lives expressed a majority thinking different from myself.

I am pretty new here therefore I would like to know what is the habit here, and possibly the opinion of other TNP members.

Thanks

The King of Xadowia.

Oh please don't, vote for your own stances! It really doesn't matter what the general body of opinion in TNP is, don't let that sway you away from what you believe. I do that quite often anyway. There is no actual 'whip' or party line, and even if there is, given the number of non-forumites in TNP there are, it would be impractical to enforce.

Having said that, you can influence the outcome of votes in the forum by going to this particular subforum and voting on the proposals that are being voted upon, or are in queue: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/39609/.

That's quite alright. Thank you for asking these questions! It's clear that you've been thinking and possibly worrying about it.

You can vote in the World Assembly matters however you like. If you want to vote for or against a proposal, you're entirely free to do so. Most of us will vote on the WA resolution in-game and then come to the forum to express our vote in the voting thread.

Sometimes it is a good idea to read the recommendations posted by the Minister before voting. He is very knowledgeable and can help you make an informed decision.

If the forum votes to support a proposal and you personally feel that you should vote against it.. again you're free to do exactly that. The forum vote is not binding on you at all.

Thanks to the brother Nations who have answered.
The answer is clear enough.
I hope this thought was helpful for all!

Thanks again!

Xadowia

As others said, you should feel absolutely free to vote as you wish on resolutions, regardless of the forum vote.

Also, when you disagree with the regional vote, you should feel free to post so and lobby for the opposite option in the forum voting threads. Those threads are for members to not only vote, but also to discuss the various resolutions and express their views on them.

Back