Obnoxious Signature and Avatar Contest!

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
OK, so here's the rules for the contest -

The categories are:

Most Obnoxious Signature for a board member

Most Obnoxious Avatar for a board member

This is a really irritating but not quite rising to the level of obnoxious avatar or signature

Placing will be for each of the three catagories:

First Prize

Second Prize

Third Prize

Honorable mention.

A Grand Prize will be awarded for those who score the most nominations in both classes (Signature and Avatar).

All nominees will receive a full no-expense paid trip to beautiful downtown Newark, New Jersey

Grand Prize winner will be made an honorary citizen of Detroit.

Ok. Admin hat on here. This contest is a really bad idea.

Why?

Because there is a really thin line between obnoxious and offensive and abusive, and folks are bound to stray over that line.

Doing so WILL get you a warning and possible penalties. "I was doing romanoffia's contest" will not be adequate defence.

Consider this fair warning.

Flem:
there is a really thin line between obnoxious and offensive and abusive, and folks are bound to stray over that line.
Hmm.. yeah. I was going to ask to narrow down what is acceptable. While any sigs or avatars may fall within the confines of 'obnoxious', some may violate the TOS.

Administration is more of an art than a science. The moment the we try to codify what is allowable and what is not, some inventive little troll finds a form of words or images that technically does not break the guidelines, but is still pretty damn offensive. So let's leave it at this: if you think it might earn you a warning; it almost certainly will.

flemingovia:
Ok. Admin hat on here. This contest is a really bad idea.

Why?

Because there is a really thin line between obnoxious and offensive and abusive, and folks are bound to stray over that line.

Doing so WILL get you a warning and possible penalties. "I was doing romanoffia's contest" will not be adequate defence.

Consider this fair warning.
You are right about this, when I think about it.

This contest is cancelled. :P

Back