Delegacy transition and World Assembly voting policy

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
del-seal.png
Delegacy transition and World Assembly voting policy
Greetings all!

As I am sure most of you have noticed, the in-game Delegacy transition was completed during the major update of May 16th. For those among us still in disbelief, below are some screenshots from the event.

transition3.png

transition4.png

I want to acknowledge the hard work by outgoing Delegate mcmasterdonia and Vice Delegate Democratic Donkeys, the Security Council, Minister of Defense Gladio, and the North Pacific Army in facilitating the transition. It is really remarkable to watch them work together to make the Delegacy change happen in a secure and efficient manner. I also want to thank our allies in Europeia and the Europeian Republican Navy, for offering military reinforcements during the transition.

The Delegacy is still fragile, as the gap in my and mcmasterdonia's endorsement counts remains small. However, I am sure the situation will stabilize in the following days.

Having assumed the Delegacy, I can now exercise my in-game power to cast the regional vote on World Assembly resolutions. After consultation with Minister of World Assembly Affairs Abacathea, I have earlier today published the voting policy I will be following during the term. There are no major deviations from the policy former Delegate mcmasterdonia had followed since February 17th. Please note though that the new policy allows the Delegate to vote in voting threads, and I intend to do so in most of them. The new policy also clarifies other aspects of voting eligibility for which there was uncertainty in the past, and includes a provision for preliminary votes should a resolution reach At Vote status before a voting thread has been started.

In the future, I may announce revisions to the voting policy as necessary. In the meantime, I have already voted on the two resolutions currently At Vote, Sustainable Forest Management in the General Assembly, and Commend McMasterdonia in the Security Council. The voting threads are still open, and I encourage you are all to take part if you have not already done so. I will continue to update the regional vote as the thread tallies change.

Thank you for your attention,
~r3naissanc3r
Delegate of The North Pacific

Back