A Balder Update(Vol13)

Zander

TNPer
4r2vrs.png

King: North East Somerset
Crown Princess: Rach

Statsminister: Fuzzy
Riksraadet:
Culture: Zander Cerebella, War: Severisen, Integration: Isidor C. Somerset, Foreign Affairs: Charles Cerebella, Interior: Durkadurkiranistan, Media: Lord Ravenclaw
Speaker of Riksdag:(Riksdagens Talman) 34625197
Royal Council: Rach, Isidor C. Somerset, Charles Cerebella, Zander Cerebella
Forum: http://balderns.net

The Statsminister Swoops In

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Statsminister Fuzzy on his way to his new offices

After months of discussion over constitutional changes to the region, the region has finally enacted the State and Government Act following approval from both the region's legislature, the Riksdag, and a citizen vote. This Act radically alters the balance of power within the region with the creation of the new position of Statsminister that will serve as head of government. The Monarch remains as the World Assembly Delegate and retains responsibility for WA voting and has vetoes over military operations and regional embassies but the Statsminister is now responsible for the day to day running of the Government. With the first elections to the position not due until May with the King retaining his duties until the time of the first elected appointment, the King has delegated all powers granted under the new act to Fuzzy, previously Crown Prince, to bring the position into reality immediately. Former Queen Rach has been appointed to replace Fuzzy.

We wish the new Statsminister good luck in his new role!

Cabinet Shuffles

There have been a few cabinet shuffles in recent weeks following the unfortunate resignations of Cormac as War Minister and Commander of the Jomsvikings and Zeorus as Minster for Integration. After an extensive recruitment process that involved a lot of pecking and much clawing at faces, Statsminister Fuzzy recently announced their replacements. Taking over responsibility for pillaging, raiding monasteries and burning villages is Severisen who also heads up Osiris's Sekhmet Legion. Former Crown Prince Isidor C. Somerset returns to activity in the region taking on the Integration portfolio on top of his existing role on the Royal Council. With Severisen having received the approval of the Riksdag and Isidor's appointment being voted on currently with no objections, we are looking forward to what they can achieve in their new jobs!

New Treaty Signed

war_end_main.jpg

King NES, centre, and the LKE Royal Family Celebrating the Signature of the Treaty

The Balder Foreign Office is pleased to announce the signature of the Treaty of Alsfeld with the Land of Kings and Emperors. The LKE and Balder have shared a long and positive relationship, dating back to our earliest days when the LKE acceded to the Pact of Friendship originally signed by TNI and Europeia, two other current allies. With a festival in the works to celebrate our new treaty, we are looking forward to a long and prosperous alliance!

MOAR Murders!

06vikingraid.jpg

The Preferred Method of Death in the Nation of Balder

Over the past few months, Balder has been deciding on the best way to run a country in an initiative ran by Culture Minister Zander Cerebella. Needless to say in the wild Norse lands of Balder, force is right and power lies with those with with the best Axe skills. Though there has been some difficulty in choosing the most Nordic options from Modern issues, the results so far have been pleasing!

People - Leading Causes of Death
Old Age - 44%(-5)
Heart Disease - 19%(+3)
Murder - 13%(+1)
Acts of The Gods - 2%(-1)
Accident - 0%
Lost in Wilderness - 2%
Capital Punishment - 10%(-1)
Exposure - 10%(+3)

Acts of God changed to reflect Norse ideology.

Government - Expenditure
Administration - 15%(-3)
Spirituality - 29%(+6)
Welfare - 12%(-5)
Health Care - 7%(-6)
Education - 2%(-7)
Defence - 26%(+5)
Law and Order - 0%
Industry - 7%(+7)
Public Transport - 2%

Economy - Gross Domestic Product
Private Sector - 70%(+11)
Public Sector - 30%(-11)

Trend - Civil Rights, Economy and Political Freedoms
Civil Rights - 64/100
Economy - 70/100(+5)
Political Freedoms - 0/100

Balder's Secrets

THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL?
In a shocking development last night, Former Queen and current Crown Princess Rach was overheard discussing summoning techniques in the castle basements. A passing maid, who totally wasn’t smuggling out stolen goods or anything like that, quoted Rach as saying “If you use smooth white chalks for your pentagrams, you only get small demons, if you want proper devils use a blood paste.” When asked about this, the shocked Crown Princess responded by saying “Blood paste is slang for beetroot juice heheh. It’s good for blemishes....What about the pentagram carved on my arm?! That’s got nothing to do with anything! All hail Beelzebub...I mean NES!”

INTERIOR MINISTER’S CHEMISTRY CHAOS
An explosion rocked the winter palace last week, after Interior Minister Durkadurkiranistan’s attempts to make crystal meth failed disastrously. He had been inspired to try and make the stuff after a Breaking Bad marathon over the weekend, and thought it would be a good way to fill a hole in the government’s budget. “It looked so easy on the television” A still smoking Durk said. “They just hooked all that stuff together in that RV and it worked! I figured I could make some in my office and cover the cost of all that cake the Statsminster keeps buying. It would be okay if he shared, but the fat owl just eats it all himself!” The interview was cut short by a flurry of muffin throwing and angry hooting from a top window.

RIKSDAG BLOWS AID BUDGET ON CHINESE FOOD
Controversy surrounded the Riksdag this week when it was uncovered that they’d spent almost all of Balder’s foreign aid budget on Chinese takeaways. A visibly fatter speaker, 34625197, attempted to justify this decision. “Well, buying food off people still counts as giving them money, right? I mean we are still aiding them...*burp*....we’re just aiding them to make a profit instead of wasting it all on mosquito nets and vaccines. Surely this counts as better investment, since we’re seeing immediate returns on our cash, and they get to spend it however they like! We’ll have to stop there, I think I just heard the dinner gong!"

Written by Charles Cerebella and Fuzzy

Back