LKE Update

The Land of Kings and Emperors Foreign Despatch
TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET!

14th April 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | Nation Count: 331 | Regional Rank: 29th
LKE Imperial Forums

the_land_of_kings_and_emperors__432435.png

Head of State: HSM Emperor Onder
Heir Apparent: HSH Crown Prince HEM Tiberius
Prince Imperial: HIH Cephal Talleyrand

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Josh Sebastian
Deputy Prime Minister Julian Ulrics
Minister of Culture: Cardinal Richelieu
Exterior Minister: Charles IX
Minister of War: Christopher Bishop

Elections

polling-station-005.jpg

The latest election for Prime Minister mirrored the previous one in terms of candidates and results. The Lions Party once again fielded Sir Robin of Aelbarrow as their candidate while Josh Sebastian ran for re-election for a second term in office. As has become the norm, the two parties clashed on several issues as a heated campaign period took place before the polls were opened. Unlike in the previous elections, however Josh Sebastian took Julian Ulrics, a prominent independent of the LKE, as his candidate for Deputy Prime Minister, as opposed to a member of his own party. When the results came in, they were resoundingly in favor of this new Imperial Party - Independent pairing.

SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [PM] / ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [DPM] [64.71%]
SIR ROBIN OF AELBARROW, Lion Party [PM] / KAISERHOLT, Lion Party [DPM] [35.29%]

As usual the results of the Estates Commons election were neck and neck to the last minute, with only a few changes to the membership from last term. Most significantly, there are currently no members of the Renaissance Party in the Commons.

AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [12.68%]
CARDINAL RICHELIEU (Imperial Party) [14.08%]
CHARLES IX (Imperial Party) [15.49%]
NEWCANADA (Renaissance Party) [8.45%]
SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [14.08%]
SIR ROBIN OF AELBARROW (Lion Party) [11.27%]
ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [14.08%]
WOLFRAM GREY, Kurogane (Independent) [9.86%]

Inaugural Address

250a6496-c2e7-48c3-bbd2-fe707c6f51aa_zps4309512e.jpg

Following his re-election, the Prime Ministers gave his second Inaugural Address at Number 27 Leyton Street. He assured the people that the oncoming term shall be no less productive than the last one, and also hinted at the planned Third Monarchic Conference.

To my dear fellow citizens of The Land of Kings and Emperors,

I am extremely grateful for your renewed and trust in confidence in me, and helping me secure another term in Layton. I would also like to thank you for supporting Lord Julian Ulrics and the rest of my party in the recently concluded elections.

The past term has seen remarkable achievements, both in initiatives abroad and here at home. But again, there is always room for improvement, and the comings weeks, this government will endeavor hard to sustain and build on the successes of our first term. The next two months will be particularly important if we are to ensure the continuation of our empire's Renaissance.

To help me and Julian Ulrics achieve this, it gives me great honor to name the composition of my new Imperial Council:

For Exterior, I am appointing Charles IX. Charles will be overseeing an overhaul of the ambassadorial system, the continuation of talks with partner regions, and the help in the organization of the 3rd Monarchic Conference, which will serve as the foreign affairs centerpiece of my second term. We will be unveiling more information on this in the coming days.

For Culture, Cardinal Richelieu will be our point man. Richelieu will continue to work with Julian Ulrics in improving the Genesis Initiative, as well as the organization of the upcoming regional festival with Balder, and quite possibly Osiris as well. The Ministry will also be looking towards other activities that will cater to the cultural and civic interests of the members of the LKE Community.

The Imperial Authority for War will continue to be lead by Chris Bishop should he accept. As I stated, we wish to hold more operations this term, and continue to improve and build the capabilities of the Imperial Army.

To augment current script-operated recruitment, the Ministry of the Interior will be tasked to utilize other alternatives, particularly the reusing of the PARANS system. The naturalization campaign will be intensified, and to stimulate commitment in this field, a weekly competition scheme will be rolled out. I will hold the naming of my Secretary of State for this portfolio, until such time that the distinguished individual I asked to head the department, accepts.

For the Colonies, again, a conference will be called in Munster, and all stakeholders of the Colonial System will be invited to attend. This conference will seek to provide a comprehensive review of current policies, as well as come up with concrete and sustainable actions to aid the in the growth and development of our colonial territories.

Finally, to ensure the Imperial Council will have all the help that it can get,
I am naming our World Assembly Delegate as Minister without Portfolio. Bobracha will undeniably provide fresh insights and perspectives to the new government.

To conclude, this term will be another busy, if not, a busier one. We have a lot of projects and programs in store of you, beloved citizens, but in order to maximize their potential, we also need your help and support. Particularly, the government still needs help in filling positions that will seek to enlarge and better its service. Activity must also be sustained, both in the game and here. As such, I call on all our members to actively participate in RMB and Forum discussions and activities. Post replies, or start new threads, there's so much to do. One citizen doing his share can spell a lot, can be the difference between our success or failure as a region.

That is all. As always, my office and my administration will be ready to accommodate whatever question, suggestion or concern you may have. Thank you very much, and again, I look forward to serving the region with your help and support. Together, let us continue the great revival of the Empire!

Praise the Emperor, Glory to the Empire!

The Treaty of Maxonberg signed with Osiris
On March 28th, His Supreme Majesty signed the treaty of Maxonberg, which passed by the Estates Commons within two days of the signing. The treaty is designed to greatly strengthen the bonds of friendship and trust between the LKE and Osiris and encourages multiple forms of cooperation between the two regions. To quote the Prime Minister, who played a prominent role in creating the treaty; “Following successful negotiations with the Osiris Fraternal Order, I present to you the Treaty of Maxonberg which seeks to strengthen relations with the aforementioned region, including the establishment of concrete mutual obligations in the areas of military, diplomatic and cultural cooperation.”

Imperial Forces March Undaunted
f11d16e0-02d3-49cd-873f-b1348ca614de_zps8b08188e.jpg
Since our last foreign update, the LKE Imperial Army has been very busy carrying out United Imperial Armed Forces operations, alongside our close partners The New Inquisition Armed Forces and the Royal Albion Legion. In particular, the UIAF and The North Pacific Army conducted an occupation of Scotland lasting for 11 days, with LKE troops fully participating in the operation as UIAF units. This mission was designed to develop relations between The North Pacific and the UIAF regions, and the mission was conducted in accordance with The North Pacific Army's standard protocol. Neither the United Defenders League nor the Founderless Regions Alliance was capable of mounting any attempt to unseat the joint UIAF-TNP forces, illustrating the UIAF's continued superiority in the LKE and TNI's wars with the UDL and the FRA.

At present LKE forces are participating in the UIAF's support to the Lone Wolves United occupation of The Soviet Bloc. At time of writing 23 UIAF troops are deployed and more are on their way. This followed an update invasion, led by LWU and in which the UIAF participated, which removed the Lazarene Liberation Army from the region, unseating FRA Intelligence Minister Milograd as Delegate. This operation represents a victory against Lazarus, after its absurd purge of UIAF officials, and, as Lazarus is an FRA member-region, the FRA as a whole. Despite the promises of UDL Chief, Mahaj, the defenders have failed to 'liberate' the region. This is yet further confirmation of the LKE and TNI's success through the UIAF in the wars against the FRA and the UDL.

In addition to the operations in Scotland and The Soviet Bloc, the UIAF alongside The Black Riders launched a successful counter-invasion of Anzia, freeing the region from the SCOP. Anzia is a member of the Green-Black Concordat, which provides troops to various signatories, including the LKE and the other UIAF regions, in exchange for non-aggression. SCOP attacked Anzia in protest of the occupation of Slavia, a region previously invaded while in the FRA in a great victory for the UIAF. While the UIAF was not bound under the Green-Black Concordat to actually defend Anzia as opposed to abstaining from attacking it, on being notified of the invasion the UIAF and TBR rapidly secured Anzia, quashing SCOP forces in the process. This counter-invasion, deemed a 'liberation' in defender language, also shows the versatility of UIAF forces in adapting to different types of operation.

Finally, Emperor Onder and Joint Commander Christopher Bishop have announced key changes in the leadership of the LKE Imperial Army and the LKE Division of the UIAF. Cephal Talleyrand, the outgoing Chief of the Imperial General Staff, and Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika, the outgoing LKE UIAF Division Commander, were thanked for their service and awarded the Chevron Medal to mark their achievement. Josh Sebastian has been selected to succeed both of them, becoming both Chief of the Imperial General Staff of the LKE Imperial Army and UIAF LKE Division Commander, ensuring unity of command. Additionally, after showing military ability Akillian was appointed Commanding Officer of the Habsburg Guard and Sir Robin was appointed Commanding Officer of the Caruba Infantry Regiment, which are the LKE's UIAF regiments. The region was unanimous in its congratulations for these individuals.

Genesis Initiative Sets Sail

33a76f5e-a880-4541-99ba-c26885265548_zpsd95f6aa9.jpg
During the previous term, a bold undertaking was put into motion by the Prime Minister and Julian Ulrics. The Genesis Initiative is a regional roleplay set in the 18th century, which incorporates all the mechanisms of the LKE into it’s own unique realm of adventure and intrigue. Julian Ulrics, along with Culture Minister Cardinal Richelieu, have nurtured and expanded upon the Initiative greatly, refining the roleplay and adding more features almost daily. Already, the first session of the Imperial Senate has been called, to discuss a law regarding the safety of shipping and other maritime endeavours, and the nobles and royals of the realm have gathered to celebrate the Burning of Stajnost, a yearly celebration organized by the Baron of Arcadia. Already, many people have joined the realm of the Initiative, among them the Prime Minister, the Prince Imperial and even the Emperor himself.

Balder Festival Incoming
A large festival is planned between the Land of Kings and Emperors and the Realm of Balder, expected to kick off in about a week. Planning for the festival has gone on for a considerable amount of time, since the previous administration, and a meticulous amount of planning has gone into the finer details of the celebrations. The region anxiously awaits the beginning of the festival which, aside from being a bundle of fun wrapped up with a bow of excitement, will also further improve the bonds between the LKE and Balder

Akk, Imperialists! *Hides* :P

Thanks for the update, and good luck with Blader. They're certainly a... lively bunch.

Back