Planning the Anniversary of the Flag Event

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
I think we should have a full fanfare cultural event for this.

Who shall attend:
- Close allies/friends
- Allies: Balder, The South Pacific, Equilism, IDU, Europeia, Taijitu, Stargate
- Others: Albion, TRR, TWP, TEP, TP, Lazarus, Osiris - any other suggestions?

I have invited every GCR as we are relatively friendly with all of them. We will need to write a proper invite for this event. A graphic or text base. Suggestions are welcome.

What shall we do:
- Guest Speakers: Thel as the creator of the flag and one of the longest residents of the North Pacific. Other suggestions welcome.

Thread ideas:
  • favourite memories of TNP
  • person you miss the most who has now left
  • what brought you to tnp?
  • Favourite Delegates of TNP
  • The TNP Coups, good or bad? Best v Worst?
  • Who will be here ten years from now?

Communications/TNP Wire responsibilities
Interviews of long time residents of TNP, I'd suggest the forum goers like GBM, FEC, Flemingovia etc... You could also ask some of the long time residents in-game who don't visit the forum, Yaorozu, Span etc.
I think that these would be something interesting and different for this event.

While I am away please continue to brainstorm ideas for this. This will be a combined effort for all of us if we want it to be a massive success.

I'd like to see the IWU invited, I think Kialga could use the boost. Further to that, I like what you have so far, I think it'll be fun overall :)

Far from an expert on organizing cultural events. As soon as an invitation is ready, I will have our ambassadors distributed it.

Regarding threads, here are a couple of possibilities:

1) Design your own flag for TNP (or variation of TNP's flag).
2) Tell the story of your own flag.

del-seal.png

Greetings [Region Name]!

The North Pacific is preparing to recognise an important day in our regional history on the 26th of April 2014, when we celebrate a decade of our regional flag.

Our flag has served us longer than most Heads of Government, longer than most regions have existed and been there for us even when the North Pacific was besieged by strife in days gone by. Now it flies over a peaceful and safe region, guarded securely by its Security Council and served honourably by its Regional Assembly.

Please join the North Pacific in recognising the important day that we first adopted our regional banner, and join us as we celebrate 10 years of the North Pacific under the gaze of True Blue.

We'll be holding this event on the 26th of April on our forums, and will be offering a range of events including a talk with Thel, (whom Port Thel is named after) who was the creator of our flag and is one of the longest serving citizens of the North Pacific.

I hope that you can join us to celebrate this important day with the North Pacific.

Yours,

McM.png

Delegate of the North Pacific

Also, received this from Lennart, last week. May be worth inviting him back to C&E as a Deputy Minister.

Regarding TNP Ministry of Culture, I know I couldn't help you last time when the world fair, but now I think I could do something about two things TNPers seem to miss: the awards (which are on a halt, with a couple categories left) and the map (which I cannot edit with my current masking).

Also, regarding TNP's flag anniversary I made a first attempt at a waving flag smiley:

k9taqa.jpg

Let me know whatever you want about your plans or ideas. I know that at least Olvern/Lord Nwahs and Aqmuland/depeterson are interested in helping out.

The invite is wonderful and I would approve of Lennart taking up that position.

I'll also add here that GBM suggested the national parade idea. I would like this to be a significant part of our event. Just so we don't forget :P

Apologies - I'll see what I can do on this after Tuesday (I have a big test I'm not prepared for :S).

I'm only working then though so should have plenty of time in the evenings :)

From our ambassador in TWP:

Westwind of The West Pacific posted the following in our embassy there, in response to the flag day invitation:
Westwind:
Very nice. In Honor of the TNP flag, here are two variations I designed some years ago:

tnpnewflag2.jpg

tnpflag_4.jpg
Link

I've been sending some of these invitations (not exactly the same for everyone, obviously) for a in-game hang out:

Code:
Hello there, NAME.

This is Lennart, acting Minister of Culture & Entertainment of the North Pacific. As you know, REGION has been invited to our Flag Day activities, on 26th of April, to be held in our offsite forums.

Now I want to invite you, and anyone in REGION who feels like it, to also hang out informally with us on our RMB. Conversation topics and polls will revolve around GCR's symbols and history; how about moving a puppet, maybe waving REGION's flag and sharing your point of view?

Thank you for reading this, hope to see you on our great day.

~Lennart

Old Timers in The North Pacific

For the wonderous Flag Day celebration we have interviewed a selection of prominent TNPers about their time in our great region.

Yaorozu

What do you love about the region the most? Here is my starting feeder region, and I like TNP because o f that.

What do you think the region needs to improve on? I have no idea. More knowledge of haiku, maybe?

Do you think that one particular nation in our regions history has had an influence above all others and if so which nation? Before the introduction of influence cappng in feeder regions, GBM san was most influenial, I think.

What was your favourite event or moment in TNP to date? First Zombie Day.

What was your least favourite event or moment in TNP to date? Mass ejection by usurper.

Why is your forum activity the way it is? Sadly, English is not my mother tongue and so checking the forum is rather difficult for me.

Flemingovia

What do you love about the region the most?
I used to love the fact that TNP stood for something unique among the feeders. Now I do not recognise much distinctive about it. The deep blue of TNP has faded to grey.

What do you think the region needs to improve on?
Our laws are too complex and inflexible. All too often the tail wags the dog, and we are prevented from doing sensible things without weeks of drafting legislation. A classic example was the recent farce where we could not correct a simple numbering mistake without legislation. I remember the day when we got on fine without a constitution at all – in fact, a lot of our regional life was much more vibrant back then! So I have always regarded these laws as a sort of optional bolt-on to the region, rather than its life blood.

Do you think that one particular nation in our region’s history has had an influence above all others and if so which nation?
No. TNP is a community, and lots of people have contributed to making TNP what it is. There are a lot of contenders: Wilkshire, Nastic, McMasterdonia – but I would not want to exalt one above others.

What was your favourite event or moment in TNP to date?
the morning I came downstairs to find that there had been some move called “puppetmaster” that had liberated TNP from Great Bight. Until then, we had spent ages fighting what many considered to be a lost cause.

What was your least favourite event or moment in TNP to date?
The day I came downstairs to see a thread where the NPA announced that it had undertaken its first ever raid. I felt deeply ashamed at that moment to be part of TNP, and glad that many of the nations I had known in the past in TNP were no longer around to see what we had become. And that sense of shame has not left me with every new announcement. I think that was the moment I started to feel detached from TNP.

Why is your forum activity the way it is? i.e. why have you been an ardent member of the forum community or simply remained as an avid RMB follower?
TNP is a drug. I have tried to go cold turkey, but I can’t. As the region shifts further and further from what it once was, I feel increasingly that I am not part of the community here. I suspect that one day I will not be bothered to look at the forum, and that will be the beginning of the end of the road for me. I sense that day may be fairly soon, the way things are going.

Any further comments about your time in TNP or TNP itself.
It was a fun ride, once. I wish more of you could have been there.

Romanoffia

What do you love about the region the most? One of the best things about TNP is that there is actually a 'persistant' group of people - that is, a group of people that have been long term residents (some of us have been here for something like 12 years). We also have a very active forum - probably one of the best in all of NS.

What do you think the region needs to improve on? We need to retain more nations in the region. By that I mean we need to encourage more new nations to stay in TNP and get involved on the forum.

Do you think that one particular nation in our regions history has had an influence above all others and if so which nation? That's a tough one to answer. We've had good nations and bad nations who have influenced the region for better or worse.

What was your favourite event or moment in TNP to date? My personal favorite moment/event was when, despite everyone saying it couldn't be done, I convinced Gatesville to pull out of TNP.

What was your least favourite event or moment in TNP to date? Least favorite moment? Several of them - every time a Rogue Delegate cropped up. :D

Why is your forum activity the way it is? i.e. why have you been an ardent member of the forum community or simply remained as an avid RMB follower? I keep involved on the forum mainly because I care about the region and generally hold some kind of government position.

Any further comments about your time in TNP or TNP itself. I'm looking forward to at least another 12 years in TNP!

Grosseschnauzer

What do you love about the region the most? Its long fought for tradition and history as a Constitutional democracy.

What do you think the region needs to improve on? Educating the more recent arrivals on our history and traditions, some of them are disrespectful of that, and don't understand how important that is in making TNP what it is.

Do you think that one particular nation in our regions history has had an influence above all others and if so which nation? Of those who were here since my arrival (my 10th anniversary is at the end of this year), it has to be Tresville/Cisco.

What was your favourite event or moment in TNP to date? My personal favorite event was my three terms as head of government (two as prime minister and one as Delegate).

What was your least favourite event or moment in TNP to date? Arriving at the beginning of the Pixiedance reign of terror.

Why is your forum activity the way it is? i.e. why have you been an ardent member of the forum community or simply remained as an avid RMB follower? As an admin and former head of TNP government it would be hard not to be active as much as my time and energy permit. I have other interests in RL and online that I have to attend to far outside of NS.

Could also post this as part of the celebration.

Is Flemingovianism Dead in TNP?

Following the recent failure of the Regional Assembly to support an amendment to make Flemingovianism the regional religion, it seems god has packed up and left the North Pacific a den of heathens and godless men (or women). This latest development seems to have been the final straw in a long series of disappointments from a selection of god's more vocal enemies.

Perhaps most disturbingly of all, in despair the Regional Assembly has looked to our delegate for a solution to our theological dilemma. The solution simply enough, is to remove the previously imposed limits on the number of terms a delegate may have. The North Pacific could thus have a perpetual leader with state sanctioned divinity!

This raises a pretty fundamental question - is McMasterdoniaism the way to go? The region seemingly is unhappy with the idea of a perpetual McMasterdonian delegacy with an overwhelming 65% against in a recent government poll. This is most likely also reflected in the fact that in a recent poll, McMasterdonia only had 36% of the electorate's support for another term in office if this was possible. With this in mind, the current Vice Delegate also enjoys a mere 36% approval rating which certainly spells for an interesting election season.

There are whispers that Flemingovianism is alive and well in Osiris. It seems the theological-minded among us must make this brave pilgrimage or continue our worship in this secular region.

Lennart:
I've been sending some of these invitations (not exactly the same for everyone, obviously) for a in-game hang out:

Code:
Hello there, NAME.

This is Lennart, acting Minister of Culture & Entertainment of the North Pacific. As you know, REGION has been invited to our Flag Day activities, on 26th of April, to be held in our offsite forums.

Now I want to invite you, and anyone in REGION who feels like it, to also hang out informally with us on our RMB. Conversation topics and polls will revolve around GCR's symbols and history; how about moving a puppet, maybe waving REGION's flag and sharing your point of view?

Thank you for reading this, hope to see you on our great day.

~Lennart
I was going to get ambassadors to post a reminder invitation tomorrow to their Embassies. Not sure whether I should ask them now, as a third invite may be too much.

r3naissanc3r:
I was going to get ambassadors to post a reminder invitation tomorrow to their Embassies. Not sure whether I should ask them now, as a third invite may be too much.
My invitation was sent only to Delegates, personally, via TG. I've already received some answers and two of them (Kringalia and All good people) even hanged out with us yesterday. AGP even resurrected Lewis and Clark an old account that was a rogue Delegate in TNP many years ago.

I think off-site invitations wouldn't be too much.

You're the coolest, guys.

For work reasons I cannot be active in like 5 or 6 hours (I'm seriously pissed at my boss, but being Saturday I was very optimistic thinking I could have this evening off). Anyway, you're doing more than good, congrats. See you later!

Kiwi, I would point out in your above article that the region was not open to more than one Delegate term as they voted that amendment down.

Edited for accuracy. Will post the main one shortly. Any objections to posting the other article in the Coms area? On hindsight it doesn't really relate to the celebrations.

Also, point. Flemingoviaism can be considered dead in Osiris as I was the main proponent of that cultural aspect.

Also, hi. Laptop screen has been replaced and I'm back now.

Back