Repeal Reopen Nominations Bill and emplace a new bill

Leekem

TNPer
I usually choose not to get involve with ambiguities in the law, but there is no other option here.
Recently, TNP passed a bill, that unfortunately I was in favor in because at that time it seemed quite logic. It made us believe that it would alleviate all the problems in our election provisions. The reopen nominations bill should be repeal immediately. It provides nothing but ambiguity to our already shady laws here in TNP and we do not need it.
Let’s look at this previous election, 18 out of 33 people voted for RON. That is a little bit over the halfway mark. So by law, the delegate reopened the nominations. Everything is going all well and dandy, we have our new candidates and the voting begins. Now when the election is coming to a close, you have the voting committee say that one of our candidates are not allowed to run, because of a law, you’ve should have known four days ago. This is not right and too cumbersome. So, now we must reopened nominations again and vote all over. I believed this just adds to the confusion. We must strike down this law.
And frankly, I just believe this law arose from the judicial election I won with six votes. I believe TNP did not want me or any of the other candidates and was looking for an outlet to avoid another situation like this, so hastened to find a solution which was RON.
I want to propose a law that states, if a situation were to happen like the special election for justice, which the court decides. Let the justices’ deicide if they want to RON or if they decide its fair then the one with the most votes fair. But I believe leaving in the hands of the citizens is too chaotic and will cause too many problems, like the ones experienced from this election.
So thats what I proposing strike down the RON act and emplaced the power in the discretion of the justices not the people.

When abstained takes majority, meaning 95% of the vote, it is up to the courts discretion on how to move forward

Back