LKE Update

The Land of Kings and Emperors Foreign Despatch
TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET!

18th February 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | Nation Count: 382 | Regional Rank: 21st
LKE Imperial Forums

hsmgovbanner.png

Head of State: HSM Emperor Onder
Heir Apparent: HSH Crown Prince HEM Tiberius
Prince Imperial: HIH Cephal Talleyrand

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Josh Sebastian
Deputy Prime Minister & Acting Exterior Minister: Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika
Minister of the Interior: Sir Robin of Aelbarrow
Minister of War: Christopher Bishop
Minister of Culture: MagentaFairy

New Crown Prince Named

HEM.jpg

His Supreme Majesty, Onder Kelkia, named a HEM Tiberius as the new Crown Prince of The Land of Kings and Emperors on Thursday evening. The decision was confirmed in an atmosphere of much anticipation after the Emperor indicated an unspecified important announcement was pending two nights previously. A long-time servant of the LKE since the events surrounding the formation of Pactium Imperium in December 2006, Crown Prince HEM has enjoyed two successful terms as LKE Prime Minister, in mid-2007 and in early 2010, and since the conclusion of his second premiership has long been an acknowledged elder statesman in the region, including an earlier stint as Crown Prince in 2011, frequently intervening in regional controversies to give his informed take on the situation.

Since Crown Prince HEM’s succession, there has been much jubilation over the decision, as the common citizenry has rendered its congratulations in Hedingham Palace. Beyond these congratulation, Prime Minister Josh Sebastian, Intelligence Director Wilhelm Somerset, Joint Commander Christopher Bishop, cabinet ministers Simeon Barret and Sir Robin of Aelbarow, Guardian Counsellor Charles IX, newly elected World Assembly Delegate Bobracha and former Prime Minister Akillian all delivering public addresses in offer of great praise and support for Crown Prince HEM as he begins the challenge involved in this new position. Emperor Onder also confirmed that Crown Prince would assume the title Archduke of Niso, as is customary.

This appointment follows Thomas Falconio, the previous Crown Prince, moving on to take on less intensive responsibilities. Falconio has been with the LKE since May 2006, having served as Prime Minister in late 2007 and again in late 2009. During his time as Emperor Onder’s Crown Prince from November 2011, Falconio served as Prince Regent over several months in late 2012 and early 2013 when Emperor Onder took a leave of absence, serving admirably in line with the Emperor’s wishes. In honour of this great service, Emperor Onder created Falconio as the Duke of Deramore with the issue of Letters Patent CXXVI.

Finally, Emperor Onder also announced that additional constitutional powers to act on behalf of the Imperial Crown would be conferred upon Cephal Talleyrand as Prince Imperial and previously confirmed the appointment of Simeon Barret to the Guardian Council, his principal advisory body.

Emperor Onder delivered the following address after the announcement;

Since November 2011, Thomas Falconio has served as my Crown Prince, including a period as Prince Regent during an extended absence on my part over several months. He discharged this role excellently, leading the region to great heights in an era of prosperity. He is one of our true elder statesmen.

However, in light of his ongoing activity problems over the last few months and because of the the necessity for the region to have an active Crown Prince, ready to temporarily serve as regent if required, the time has come to honour Crown Prince Falconio's service as he moves on from this role.

In recognition of his dedication to our region, from his time as Prince Regent to his terms as Prime Minister, Thomas Falconio is created to become the Duke of Deramore, in accordance with Letters Patent CXXVI. Alongside many other retired statesmen, Falconio's unique and long-lasting service to the region across numerous roles warrants an award in this highest tier of our peerage.

It gives me great pleasure to announce the new Crown Prince will be HEM Tiberius. He will also enjoy the title of Archduke of Niso, as is customary.

Like Falconio, HEM has been serving the region as far back as 2006, having served as Prime Minister on multiple occasions, and was in fact my first Crown Prince during this reign, from January to November 2011. Additionally, HEM is the founder and Supreme Chancellor of Europeia, which is regarded as in practical terms the second-largest user-created region in the game, reflecting HEM's great practical experience in cultivating regional growth. He has the stature for a position of this magnitude.

HEM and I of course do not always agree on everything - as back issues of LKET confirm. He can be sometimes be thought-provoking, sometimes controversial. Nonetheless, I trust that he will serve and lead our region well if required, as well as more generally providing an active presence on behalf of the Monarchy around our forums.

Please join me in congratulating Crown Prince HEM.

Elections

joshsebastian-1.jpg

In the recent Prime Minister election Josh Sebastian Chairman of the Imperial Party claimed victory against the Lion Party nominee, Sir Robin of Aelbarrow. The two largest parties of the region once again faced off against each other for the leadership of the government. The campaigning was often contentious but always directly about the issues. This election continues the Land of Kings and Emperors long standing tradition of open and fair elections. The final tally was very close with a good voter turnout.

Prime Minister Results

Josh Sebastian Imperial Party[PM] /Lord Valfor Talleyrand-Vulkia Imperial Party [DPM] [56.25%]
Sir Robin of Aelbarrow Lion Party [PM] / Kaiserholt Lion Party [DPM] [43.75%]

Estates Common Results

The campaign for seats in the Estates Common was lively and filled with debate.

AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [16.98%]
BARRET, Simeon (Imperial Party) [18.87%]
NAPOLEON IX (Imperial Party) [16.98%]
NEWCANADA (Renaissance Party) [7.55%]
SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [16.98%]
SIR ROBIN OF AELBARROW (Lion Party) [15.09%]
ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [7.55%]

A special run-off election is being held to fill the last open seat of the Estates Common. The two candidates are:

Newcanada-Renaissance Party
Julian Ulrics- Independent

Prime Minister's Inaugural Speech

The newly elected Prime Minister delivered the following inaugural address to the citizens of the Land of Kings and Emperors.

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen of The Land of Kings and Emperors!

It is a great honor and privilege to deliver this address before you today, as your new Prime Minister. I wish to express my profound gratitude to everyone who supported my bid for this high office, and for those who supported my Party as well, in the recently concluded elections. I also thank Akillian, my predecessor to this office, for his services to the region. I look forward to working with him, and the rest of the former administration in the continued development of our region.

Today marks a new journey for the LKE, one that has as its destination - the restoration of our positions as the greatest region in all of NationStates.

We build on the success from last term, where as a community, we've managed to halt our population decline and our forum activity has reached its highest levels since the summer of 2013 following several months of relative decline. But considering where we want to go, and what we want to be, this region cannot rest on its laurels and be complacent.

In this new task we have set ourselves to do, of rebuilding the greatness of the empire, I will need a government comprised of competent and committed individuals, those who have at their core the very interests of our dear empire. Fortunately enough, I found them, the perfect partners, and they've agreed to serve alongside us.

And so, I wish to announce the new Imperial Council who will work with me and Deputy Prime Minister Valfor:

Secretary of State for the Interior: Sir Robin of Aelbarrow
I have seen Robin's resolve and dedication to his work, particularly in the Home office. His efforts have helped grow our population and retain new members, and I would have such trend continued.

Secretary of State for the Exterior: Simeon Barret
Simeon has proven himself to be an exceptional member of this community. He is a man with much needed vision and energy. His ideas and drive to get things done will be instrumental in reviving this great, yet sadly, largely ignored office.

Concurrently with his appointment to the Ministry, Simeon is hereby made as my government's Special Representative to Munster, and will help supervise colonial efforts there.

Culture Minister: To be announced soon
As I stated in my campaign, the Culture Ministry will be a priority area under my term, and I intend to appoint someone who can deliver

The Ministry for the Colonies will be abolished under my term. And in its place, the Council of the Colonies will serve as the prime government instrumentality in planning, organizing and executing initiatives, projects, and programs.

I will be detailing the rest of the Government's Agenda for this term in another address. In the coming days, we will be unveiling the objectives, targets, and plans of each individual ministry, and you can rest assured that this administration will be updating the citizenry on the progress or development of these.

We promised you service, and I assure you it is a promise we will be keeping. But we also need and look forward to your support and participation. We all can help. We all can do something. We've said that this term will mark the Great Renaissance of the LKE. Let's work together to make that a reality!

Thank you all very much.

Praise the Emperor!
Glory to the Empire!

Although Simeon Barret was appointed a Minister and elected to office for a few days into the term, Mr. Barret decided to step down from all roles and unfortunately renounced his Citizenship as well. Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika has become the Acting Exterior Minister, and a Special Election has already started to replace Former Senator Barret.

New Government off to an Ambitious Start

Prime Minister Sebastian and the new government have been very busy early in the term. Several programs designed to streamline and increase governmental efficiency have been initiated. The Prime Minister ran on a platform of transparency and accountability of government. He has re-opened the Press Office of Number 27 Layton Street and has issued several directives designed to help increase activity and accessibility to the government. The Exterior Ministry is also off to a good start with newly appointed Minister of the Exterior Simeon Barret publishing the Ministry of the Exterior agenda and setting off on a whirlwind 'Diplomatic Tour" of all of the Land of Kings and Emperors diplomatic relations. The Interior Ministry has published a report of it's purpose and organization and has several new programs in the planning stages.

His Supreme Majesty Hands out Honours

His Supreme Majesty Emperor Onder Kelkia awarded several citizens for their dedication and hard work in the service of The Land of Kings and Emperors. Citizens honoured were:

Former Prime Minister and current Senator Akillian was raised to the title Baron of Crescent.

Newly elected Deputy Prime Minister Valfor Talleyrand-Vulkia was created the Viceroy of Norwood and appointed the Speaker of the Estates Noble.

Interior Minister and current Senator Sir Robin of Aelbarrow was created a Knight Commander of The Most Excellent Order of the Realm.

Now Former Exterior Minister and Senator Simeon Barret was created a Companion of the Order of Achievement.

Imperial Army Abroad

120705DefenceHammond_6385756.jpg

The UIAF, including the LKE's Imperial Army, continues its occupation of Slavia, a region which was in the FRA when we invaded it. The occupation, which has endured for over a month, is a graphic example of the might of the UIAF and the Imperial Army. The UIAF continues to hold military operations in the name of Imperialism and to further our military cooperation. The Imperial have also conducted independent military operations as of late capturing several regions including the regions of Argartha and Zhe International Communist. These operations have shown that the Imperial Army is a formidable force, capable of protecting and advancing the interests of the Land of Kings and Emperors.

Munster The Crown Jewel of the Empire

pub-dublin-ireland_6794_600x450.jpeg

Munster continues to be a large and prosperous colony of His Supreme Majesty’s Empire. The population of the colony has reached 94 nations and is growing steadily. Viceroy of Munster RWP has reported to the Imperial Council and has been instrumental in helping continue the positive trend that the colony is experiencing. Prime Minister Sebastian has created a Colonial Council which will meet to discuss the direction and future of the Land of Kings and Emperors colonies.

Back