Seeking an indictment

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
I am seeking an indictment to eject/ban Haafingar and Hjaalmarch and remove from the Regional Assembly pending a trial.

Relevant charges:

Section 1.1: Treason
2. "Treason" is defined as taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allies as governed by the Constitution.

Section 1.7. Conspiracy
22. "Conspiracy" is defined as planning, attempting, or helping to commit any crime under this criminal code.

Haafingar was conspiring to commit treason against the constitutional government.

Evidence: http://imgur.com/a/l5CER#4 and http://pastebin.com/yqqkjDRd

I will inform the accused of his rights once this indictment has been accepted. Finally I request an extension to the 6 hour requirement of a criminal proceeding being lodged. Both the Attorney General and myself are living in a part of the world where it is the middle of the night and it is impractical to have one lodged in that timeframe.

Edit: the accused has been advised of his rights.

For the record any justice may accept this indictment and their decision is final.

Section 3.3: Criminal Trial Procedure
8. When seeking an indictment to eject or ban, or expel from the RA due to oath violation, pending a trial, the Government must inform all the Justices.
9. Any Justice may approve or deny an indictment, and their decision will be final.
10. Once an ejection is performed, the Government must notify the ejected nation of their rights within one hour, and publicly submit a criminal proceeding to the court within six hours.
11. Once a criminal proceeding is presented, the defendant will have 48 hours to enter a plea, or a plea of "Not Guilty" may be entered for them.
12. Once a plea is entered, a period of time set by the Court for the discovery of evidence and witness testimony will begin. This period is normally 7 days.
13. Once discovery ends a period of time for arguments on the evidence and law will begin, its duration set by the Court. This period is normally 5 days.
14. During discovery and arguments, either side may make objections or requests publicly on the forum.
15. Once arguments end, the Court will have 72 hours to decide on a verdict and, if necessary, sentence.

Back