Insidious Plop

I don't know where to post this but I want to complain about the Vice Delegate's plot to banish me from the region.

On the RMB he said "I was hoping EoN would apply for RA membership. My dream just came true. :D" This heavily implies he was plotting some sort of attack against me as I unknowingly applied to a seemingly-innocent program. He is misusing his position in a petty dispute with me, simply because he doesn't like my regular RMB discussions. I am no threat to this region, I have no WA nation and I have no connections to raider groups of any kind. If he orders my banning it is because he hates me for being happy and enjoying life. I just post on the RMB to have fun and chat.

Empire of Narnia:
I don't know where to post this but I want to complain about the Vice Delegate's plot to banish me from the region.

On the RMB he said "I was hoping EoN would apply for RA membership. My dream just came true. :D" This heavily implies he was plotting some sort of attack against me as I unknowingly applied to a seemingly-innocent program. He is misusing his position in a petty dispute with me, simply because he doesn't like my regular RMB discussions. I am no threat to this region, I have no WA nation and I have no connections to raider groups of any kind. If he orders my banning it is because he hates me for being happy and enjoying life. I just post on the RMB to have fun and chat.
If this region is even still pretending to be a democracy they won't let a government official order the banning of a benign nation because of disagreements over politics, food and spending habits. That is a gross abuse of power.

I know sod all about the laws here but I am near certain there is no plot to ban you or prevent you doing anything. Freedom of speech is enshrined in the constitution here. :D

Empire of Narnia:
If this region is even still pretending to be a democracy they won't let a government official order the banning of a benign nation because of disagreements over politics, food and spending habits. That is a gross abuse of power.
There's a whole process devoted to this. There will be a vote and discussion on your rejection. Patience!

If you believe a crime has been committed, as specified in the laws of TNP, please bring an indictment in the manner outlined in our laws.

Until and unless you do, your case will not be heard in this court.

there are no alternatives to this court in TNP.

If you are going to quote the Bill of Rights it is not essential, but it is desirable, that you can prove that you know 1. The history of the Bill of Rights. 2. Who wrote it. I have no idea why this is the case.

flemingovia:
If you are going to quote the Bill of Rights it is not essential, but it is desirable, that you can prove that you know 1. The history of the Bill of Rights. 2. Who wrote it. I have no idea why this is the case.
:rofl:

Anyway I don't really know what kind of threat you pose, other than having peculiar tastes politically, gastronomically and... erm... I don't know, is there a word to describe something related to games or toys?

Wait, I thought the VD security check was to keep people we don't like out of the RA? "We" is narrowly defined in this case, granted, but I am certain I acted within the bounds of the law. :D

And the law does not say that I have to give any reasons as to why I feel he is a threat, but he definitely is one. Take my word for it...

I said I didn't know where to post this, so Moderators can move it somewhere else if this is no the right spot but I want to know why the vice delegate is voting to ban me. I did not nothing wrong and I am not a threat to region security.

DD has stated that he has no plans to ever use the Vice Delegate's blocking ability for RA applications, so I think you'll be fine.

Treize_Dreizehn:
Empire of Narnia:
There's a whole process devoted to this. There will be a vote and discussion on your rejection. Patience!
I knew it. This dumb vote of course is only held by the region's elite and not the regular RMB members who support me. It is a mockery of democracy and a terrible abuse of power.

Democratic Donkeys:
Bad mouthing the people who will most likely override my denial is definitely a good strategy.
He just said they are all voting to ban me. I pose no threat to security so banning me would be just because one person does not like me personally. I hope they choose to stick up for me and let me stay in the region though. I am not a raider and I am not a hacker.

From what I recall, this block will now go to the Regional Assembly which will vote on it. If they vote in favour of the block then it'll be upheld. If not, then you'll be admitted to the RA.

Narnia, everyone who is part of the RA, including myself, can see this thread.

I'm not impressed thus far, truthfully and think that you need to calm down.

Lord Ravenclaw:
From what I recall, this block will now go to the Regional Assembly which will vote on it. If they vote in favour of the block then it'll be upheld. If not, then you'll be admitted to the RA.

Why? I just went to join that RA thing because I remembered being part of it a year or so ago. I didn't know that joining it would give the system the power to banish me from the region. I have the right to post on the RMB. At least I don't harass and attack people like some people do......

Your attitude is less than stellar and I find it disconcerting that you are so quick to attack people as well as our regional institutions.

Empire of Narnia:
Lord Ravenclaw:

Why? I just went to join that RA thing because I remembered being part of it a year or so ago. I didn't know that joining it would give the system the power to banish me from the region. I have the right to post on the RMB. At least I don't harass and attack people like some people do......
Why? Because you are coming across as a petulant Govindia-esque child, which I am sure is not your intention.

Lord Ravenclaw gave you sound advice. If your cause is just, The RA will uphold it. But you are doing your cause no favours at the moment.

As I said earlier, just calm down. There's a vote in the makings for this, and once it concludes you can either rage as much as you'd like(elsewhere) or not. Up to you, but it's doing you little good now.

It is a great injustice that I cannot even see how this "vote" is occurring. How am I supposed to defend myself if nobody will even explain to me what is happening? I am being bullied by a person in power who is maliciously editing my posts to change the outcome of the vote.

Empire of Narnia:
It is a great injustice that I cannot even see how this "vote" is occurring. How am I supposed to defend myself if nobody will even explain to me what is happening? I am being bullied by a person in power who is maliciously editing my posts to change the outcome of the vote.
If I may, you cannot see how this vote is occurring because no such vote is, currently, occurring, and no such vote is occurring because you have replaced what I presume was your application to the Assembly with the word "redacted", so you are denied on the grounds that you have not taken the oath and have not posted your TNP nation, rather than due to the Vice Delegate's check. If your application were made to once again actually include an application then there would be a vote.

Zyvetskistaahn:
Empire of Narnia:
If I may, you cannot see how this vote is occurring because no such vote is, currently, occurring, and no such vote is occurring because you have replaced what I presume was your application to the Assembly with the word "redacted", so you are denied on the grounds that you have not taken the oath and have not posted your TNP nation, rather than due to the Vice Delegate's check. If your application were made to once again actually include an application then there would be a vote.
Can somebody please be clear if posting that will get me banjected to the Rejected Realms. The Vice Delegate along with others implied that me posting that gives the region the power to kick me out and silence me. That is why I redacted, to maintain plausible deniability as to whether or not I posted it.

Narnia, you are in absolutely no danger of being banned from the region. IF you submit an actual application to the RA, and the Vice Delegate blocks it, AND the RA upholds the Vice Delegate's decision, all that will happen is you will not be granted membership in the RA. You will still be a citizen of The North Pacific, and entitled to the Bill of Rights, which protects you from random banning.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Narnia, you are in absolutely no danger of being banned from the region. IF you submit an actual application to the RA, and the Vice Delegate blocks it, AND the RA upholds the Vice Delegate's decision, all that will happen is you will not be granted membership in the RA. You will still be a citizen of The North Pacific, and entitled to the Bill of Rights, which protects you from random banning.
I took a screenshot of that incase somebody does a malicious edit like how they did with this threads title, but I will put back my application under the assumption that I am protected from a random banning.

EoN

I will say this as simply as I can: I don't like your opinions but you know what they say, opinions are like butts. If you wait and this moves to a vote, I will personally vote to override this block; but if you kept attacking RA members or the VD then I'd truly see you as a threat and would vote you the hell out of the RA and whatever other place I could.

Lennart:
EoN

I will say this as simply as I can: I don't like your opinions but you know what they say, opinions are like butts. If you wait and this moves to a vote, I will personally vote to override this block; but if you kept attacking RA members or the VD then I'd truly see you as a threat and would vote you the hell out of the RA and whatever other place I could.
I didn't come here to argue with people, but I was attacked during my first action on this forum in about a year. I don't think complaining was unreasonable at the moment. Of course I will let bygones be bygones now that I know my place in the region is not at risk.

Thank you COE for stating what I was just about to.

In all honesty, I'm most disgusted with DD. First he undermines the RA by accepting Douria without a second thought and now he's planning to deny EoN for no real reason? Great.

Oh and to top it all off he's gone back on his word that he wouldn't use this power? Good to know.

As for you EoN, I'm not very fond of you but in principle I will not decline your membership unless there is a valid reason to do so.

Kiwi:
Thank you COE for stating what I was just about to.

In all honesty, I'm most disgusted with DD. First he undermines the RA by accepting Douria without a second thought and now he's planning to deny EoN for no real reason? Great.

Oh and to top it all off he's gone back on his word that he wouldn't use this power? Good to know.

As for you EoN, I'm not very fond of you but in principle I will not decline your membership unless there is a valid reason to do so.
I'm sure you'll understand if I don't lose any sleep over your level of disgust.

There is an actual security argument that could be made, though I am not doing so myself. Punk D linked to a thread where EoN was banned from the forum and the RA for a time for forum crashing. It is interesting, to me at least, that his ban from the RA came with a time limit, while now it seems that we are excluding people from the RA clear through to eternity.

Plot Twist:

A Dickens Character who was secretly a member of an underground metal band in Victorian London.

this matter is now under review by the regional assembly, as is proper, and the Grey Council are considering what to do about empire of Narnia in the secret area of the forum that he cannot see. therefore this thread is no longer serving any useful purpose and is closed.

Back