Lots of endotarting

Iro

TNPer
Not sure if you've been made aware this, but these went out one and three days ago:

Hello Esteemed Leader,
If your nation is a WA member you may have already noticed but if not, I’d like to inform you that I recently endorsed your nation. If you wouldn’t mind, I’d appreciate it if you could return the favor by endorsing me as well.
If you have received this message and already endorsed my nation or are not a WA member, please disregard this message.
I appreciate the time you have taken to read this message and hope you continue to enjoy NationStates.
- The Dual Monarchy of Haafingar and Hjaalmarch
Hello nations of The North Pacific!
My name is Daniel and I am the leader of El Melbos, yesterday I set a goal, that goal was to get 200 endorsements in 7 days, I already have 21 and I have 6 days left.
Once you have finished reading this message, IF you are a WA member, go onto my page, scroll down, and click endorse...
And I will endorse you back, trust me, If I don't, just withdraw the endorsement if you're that anal about it...
PLEASE help me reach my goal, THANK YOU ALL!
CLICK HERE

I hope I won't be told off for coming in here but according to #tnp Haafinger and Hjaalmarch is Sythia.

#tnp:
[13 Jan 17:02] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> Man, the mods still haven't decided whether they're going to restore my old nation or not
[13 Jan 17:02] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> :(
[13 Jan 17:02] <Raven|bed> Why wouldn't they?
[13 Jan 17:02] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> It was deleted by the mods in 2003
[13 Jan 17:02] <Raven|bed> Ahhh
[13 Jan 17:03] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> Here's my case for why it should be restored
[13 Jan 17:04] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> All the rules for region crashing are no longer around
[13 Jan 17:04] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> And secondly, when I did the region crashing there were no rules wither
[13 Jan 17:04] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> either*
[13 Jan 17:04] <LordRavenclaw> I see
[13 Jan 17:04] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> I was banned and the rules made up and retroactively applied to me
[13 Jan 17:04] <LordRavenclaw> Which is probably why the situation is complex.
[13 Jan 17:05] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> aye
[13 Jan 17:05] --> Frattle joined the channel
[13 Jan 17:05] --- ChanServ (ChanServ@services.esper.net) changed mode: +v Frattle
[13 Jan 17:05] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> The nation was Sythia
[13 Jan 17:05] --- ChanServ (ChanServ@services.esper.net) changed mode: +v Frattle
[13 Jan 17:06] --> Cam2 joined the channel
[13 Jan 17:06] --- ChanServ (ChanServ@services.esper.net) changed mode: +v Cam
[13 Jan 17:08] --> Cam joined the channel
[13 Jan 17:09] --- ChanServ (ChanServ@services.esper.net) changed mode: +v Cam
[13 Jan 17:09] <Eluvatar> oh you're that guy?
[13 Jan 17:09] <Eluvatar> huh
[13 Jan 17:09] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> That guy?
[13 Jan 17:10] <Eluvatar> Sythia
[13 Jan 17:10] <Zyvetskistaahn> that guy.
[13 Jan 17:10] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> I was Sythia, yes
[13 Jan 17:10] <Eluvatar> As opposed to Sydia
[13 Jan 17:11] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> No clue who Sydia is

Nothing jumps to mind about Melbos.

Elu, I believe this is the one area of the SC you would be permitted in.

And Haafinger and Hjaalmarch has clearly exceeded 200 endos, so it looks like DD and McM need to do a little messaging about the endotarting.

For reference, this is the law regarding endotarts:
Chapter 5: Regional Security Law:
Section 5.4: Endorsement Gathering
20. The Delegate may eject or ban for reckless endorsement gathering any nation in The North Pacific which meets all of the following criteria:
21. It is not in the Council or holding the office of Delegate or Vice Delegate.
22. It has been reported to the Delegate as a possible threat to regional security by the Council.
23. It has continued actively gathering endorsements after two warnings against gathering endorsements sent at least two days apart from each other.
24. It has more endorsements than 50 fewer than the Vice Delegate or 75 per cent of the Delegate's endorsement level, whichever is least.
25. The Delegate may eject or ban for reckless endorsement gathering any nation in The North Pacific which exceeds the Vice Delegate's endorsement count.
26. Nations banned for reckless endorsement gathering must remain banned at least until they update outside The North Pacific.
27. Non-incumbent candidates for Delegate or Vice Delegate may not obtain an endorsement level during the election cycle greater than the level authorized for members of the Security Council under this chapter.

Thank you, Iro, for bringing this to our attention.

H&H telegrammed me a few days ago for clarification:

What is the endorsement cap? I've been getting mixed answers regarding this and I don't want to find myself in the rejected realms.

One answer I got is to not pass the Vice Delegate - which is now you - in endorsement amounts?

I confirmed for him that the limit was not to exceed my endorsement count.

Melbos seems like a new player who has used telegram stamps to message the entire region with:

Hello nations of The North Pacific!

My name is Daniel and I am the leader of El Melbos, yesterday I set a goal, that goal was to get 200 endorsements in 7 days, I already have 21 and I have 6 days left.

Once you have finished reading this message, IF you are a WA member, go onto my page, scroll down, and click endorse...
And I will endorse you back, trust me, If I don't, just withdraw the endorsement if you're that anal about it...

PLEASE help me reach my goal, THANK YOU ALL!

CLICK HERE

Eluvatar:
I hope I won't be told off for coming in here but according to #tnp Haafinger and Hjaalmarch is Sythia.

#tnp:
[13 Jan 17:02] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> Man, the mods still haven't decided whether they're going to restore my old nation or not
[13 Jan 17:02] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> :(
[13 Jan 17:02] <Raven|bed> Why wouldn't they?
[13 Jan 17:02] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> It was deleted by the mods in 2003
[13 Jan 17:02] <Raven|bed> Ahhh
[13 Jan 17:03] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> Here's my case for why it should be restored
[13 Jan 17:04] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> All the rules for region crashing are no longer around
[13 Jan 17:04] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> And secondly, when I did the region crashing there were no rules wither
[13 Jan 17:04] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> either*
[13 Jan 17:04] <LordRavenclaw> I see
[13 Jan 17:04] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> I was banned and the rules made up and retroactively applied to me
[13 Jan 17:04] <LordRavenclaw> Which is probably why the situation is complex.
[13 Jan 17:05] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> aye
[13 Jan 17:05] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> The nation was Sythia
[13 Jan 17:06] --> Cam2 joined the channel
[13 Jan 17:06] --- ChanServ (ChanServ@services.esper.net) changed mode: +v Cam
[13 Jan 17:08] --> Cam joined the channel
[13 Jan 17:09] --- ChanServ (ChanServ@services.esper.net) changed mode: +v Cam
[13 Jan 17:09] <Eluvatar> oh you're that guy?
[13 Jan 17:09] <Eluvatar> huh
[13 Jan 17:09] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> That guy?
[13 Jan 17:10] <Eluvatar> Sythia
[13 Jan 17:10] <Zyvetskistaahn> that guy.
[13 Jan 17:10] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> I was Sythia, yes
[13 Jan 17:10] <Eluvatar> As opposed to Sydia
[13 Jan 17:11] <HaafingarandHjaalmarch> No clue who Sydia is

Nothing jumps to mind about Melbos.
Haafinger and Hjaalmarch is Sythia.

I vaguely remember Sythia from way, way, way back. IIRC, got deleted and banned for region crashing or some crap like that. AFAIK, he is petitioning the game mods to restore "Sythia" under the premise that the rules he was deleted and banned under no longer exist (meaning they are no longer violations of game rules).

I remember talking to him in the UPS Rail or Great Bight eras for one reason or another. Sythia was one of the old timers.

I hope I don't intrude on where I do no belong.

I will not deny it. I am indeed the person once known as "Sythia" and I was not only banned but also set on delete on sight by the Moderators in mid 2003 for region crashing. Understand, this was a time when there was no rules or even strategy regarding the act of region crashing. I was successful and I did forge a region crashing empire quite briefly before the mods came down on me.

I'd like to state that the region crashing game is behind me and the moderators have made it clear that the delete on sight order on me is lifted only so much as I don't regress to my previous activities. For better or worse, the moderators have their eyes closely set upon me due to my history.

Honestly, the region crashing game is not only behind me but also beyond me. The Black Riders have perfected it in ways I could never have imagined. I don't have the time nor energy to region crash. I honestly just want to be active in The North Pacific not only as a citizen, regional assemblymen, but perhaps one day in some sort of regional government capacity. For the moment, I enjoy shaping my nation in my views and receiving endorsements has become something of a hobby.

I do not intend in passing the Vice Delegate in endorsement counts. If I find myself even nearing those numbers, I will enact measures to begin bringing my endorsement count down.

For the curious, the moderators have rejected my request to unban Sythia. The nation will forever remain dead.

Extremely interesting to hear about Haafy's history as one of the first raiders in NS history. I'll just hope that you have put that part of your history in NS well behind...

Strangely two other recent endotarters just resigned from the WA yesterday. I think both had gone quite high too. Why go to all the trouble to collect endorsements and then resign?

For the record I am also trading - just trying to get back to where I was before I let it all go over Xmas :facepalm:

This thread has been declassified for public viewing by the Vice Delegate. If you have any questions, please contact the Vice Delegate for more information.

Back