TNPer
-
-
TNP Nation
Zyvetskistaahn
Discord
Zyvet#9958
Zyvetskistaahn for Speaker

As I'm not a fan of long campaign speeches, I shall endeavour to keep this brief.

I am running for the office of Speaker once more, I have ran for it a few times in the past, most recently in the special election which I won by one vote.
I have, I would like to think, shown that I can do the job in these past couple of months as Deputy Speaker, then Acting Speaker, then Speaker and it is a job that I would like to continue to do, I therefore ask for your vote in the General Election.

Any questions?

Yes which is your favorite deputy speaker? And who would you bring on as deputy speaker if you could get anyone in the game?

What's your favorite part of being speaker? What's your least favorite part?

What are the specific strengths of each of the other candidates for speaker? What are their weaknesses?

What makes a Speaker successful? In other words, how can one measure how good a job a Speaker has done?

How would you evaluate your own performance as Speaker so far? Would you call your partial term successful?

What is the mission of the Speaker's office? Do you have a personal mission besides that?

SillyString:
Yes which is your favorite deputy speaker? And who would you bring on as deputy speaker if you could get anyone in the game?

What's your favorite part of being speaker? What's your least favorite part?

What are the specific strengths of each of the other candidates for speaker? What are their weaknesses?

My favourite deputy speaker... I'm afraid I couldn't say. If I could get anyone? probably either COE or Intelligent Holograms, from over TWP/Mordor way

My favourite part of being Speaker, I would say, is either the regional digest or the administration of votes, as to why I am less sure.
My least favourite is probably removing members from the rolls, particularly if they're a member who had been particularly active while they were around.

For Bootsie, I have to say it is his efficiency in the office that is his greatest strength, he has proven to be very thorough with admissions and removals of members while he has been deputy speaker. As for weakness, no one thing springs to mind as being a particularly huge weakness, he hasn't administrated a vote in the RA yet or dealt with scheduling of debate and such, but I would imagine that he would be competent doing both.

For Leekem, I feel that his greatest strength would probably be his dogmatic determination and desire to represent new members in the region. For weaknesses, probably that he hasn't yet been involved in the region's government to an extent where he would be aware of the requirements on the administration of the RA.

Crushing Our Enemies:
What makes a Speaker successful? In other words, how can one measure how good a job a Speaker has done?

How would you evaluate your own performance as Speaker so far? Would you call your partial term successful?

What is the mission of the Speaker's office? Do you have a personal mission besides that?

I'm not quite sure how one would measure a Speaker doing a good job, I suppose ensuring, to the capacity that they are able, that admissions to and removals from the RA are swift and within the law, that the procedures and rules of the RA are applied and that the effects of votes of the RA on bills and motions are carried out; in more subjective terms I would imagine holding the confidence of the RA, which I assume I have done by the lack of a "Recall Zyvetskistaahn" thread, and representing the region positively, in a more general capacity.

I would say that I've done rather well and that the term has been successful, the RA has largely ran smoothly and I've managed to find another good deputy to compliment myself and SillyString.

The mission of the Speaker's office is to ensure the will of the RA is carried out and that the RA is run efficiently, I don't have any "personal mission" beyond that that is entirely relevant to the office.

Eluvatar:
Why do we need a Speaker of the Regional Assembly?

We need a Speaker for the sake of efficiency in the RA and to try to ensure that the Rules and Standing Orders are applied in a relatively uniform manner. While I imagine that the duties of the Speaker's office, admitting members, administering votes, amending the law to reflect votes, could be done collectively by members, it would not be as smooth and would, probably, result in confusion among members as to who's methods, actions and what not were more valid.

What have you learnt from your experience as Deputy Speaker, Acting Speaker and Speaker?

Lord Nwahs:
What have you learnt from your experience as Deputy Speaker, Acting Speaker and Speaker?
I'd say that I've learnt more about the law and rules, particularly those related to the RA but also more generally, as well as a better understanding of the system the Speaker's office uses for keeping track of members' activity and nations.

If I vote for you, will you stop screaming "Hail Minister Iro!" whenever I log into IRC?

On a serious note, what preparations are needed to best assume the office of Speaker? Besides already being Speaker?

If I vote for you, will you stop screaming "Hail Minister Iro!" whenever I log into IRC?
Probably not.

On a serious note, what preparations are needed to best assume the office of Speaker? Besides already being Speaker?

Getting to know the Rules and Standing Orders, as well as the laws relating to retaining membership of the Assembly, would be the most major thing, I'd say; a small amount of use of spreadsheets, for the methods currently used for the RA rolls.

Back