“I hold these truths to be self evident.” MLK. Vote Leekem for Speaker

Leekem

TNPer
Remember these quotes when reading my campaign topic.
I hold these truths to be self evident. Martin Luther King
We are more than a collection of individuals; we are more than a collection of red states and blue states, we are and forever will be the United States of America. President Barack Obama
Consent of the governed. The United States declaration of independence.
Change is inevitable, growth is optional. By John C. Maxell
Happy New Year TNP,
I am Leekem and I will be running for the Speakers office. I have been preparing for this role in TNP for a while and that’s why I have become so accustom with the system here by running in the November Judiciary election and etc. I have many ideas and many things to tell you. I am ready to become Speaker of the North Pacific, I am ready to say that oath of office, and lastly I am ready to help serve the North Pacific people as their Speaker.
In this campaign topic you will learn about me, because I believe that as Speaker you must interact with your citizens. You must help if they need it, you must clarify if clarification is needed and you must have the personality and mentality to help your region. You will learn about my platform on newcomers, I have a huge platform on them as I am still considered one. And what we can do to help them and make them feel more comfortable here. You will learn about what I believe Speakers should do and what I will do as Speaker. You will learn the difference between me and my opponents. And lastly you will learn why the next Speaker of Ra should be Leekem.
To be Speaker I fine you must have a warm personality and a friendly heart. You see many people think the Speaker office is just about laws, it is not this is why I lost judiciary election, because my opponent told me that it did not matter what kind of personality you have to become an attorney general. Which is true because as attorney general your mainly just dealing laws but not as Speaker. The Speaker deals with the citizens of the Ra. That is what many people fail to realize. The Speaker is not just here to administer rules, but he is here to be a friend of the RA. Someone who will help us and guide us if needed. I believe the Speaker is the spokesperson of the RA. I believe he is the one who would help us get our voices hear in the government. He is the one who will talk to us and help us. The Speakers don’t do that. They need to be open with the RA. I spoke to some formers Speakers; they don’t even answer our messages. What is with that? I promise if you message me I will get back to you in less than 48 hours because I am here to help you. If you have a problem with another country come talk to me and we’ll fix it. If you want to pass a bill but the government officials are giving you the run around come to me. You see with me I have been here before. I know what it is like to be give the runaround buy the delegate or other ministry official. If you have a legal issue and don’t want to speak to the attorney general talk to me. In the United States and the rest of the world we don’t speak to the government ourselves we elect people to represent us in the government. That is what the Speaker is suppose to do and isn’t. You see the constitution does not specifically say that but based on what it does I can come to the conclusion this should be followed. I will put my ideas in action. Remember “consent of the governed, the people set up the government and the people run the government and it is their job to elect someone who will do good by them
I have a big platform on newcomers. I believe precautions should be made to make newcomers feel more welcomed and included in the government. No that their not, they are very welcomed her but there is always room for improvement. I want to help newcomers. I am the one of the very first people to speak to newcomers when they come to the region. That is to show you my personality. I want to talk to them, campaign with them. My dream is that even though a person might have joined the region yesterday or the day before that, as long as he/she has goods perspectives and a fresh voice they can make in the government. Some Ra members chose to focus on when they joined rather than on their ideas. I will campaign with them and say newcomers are just as come as everyone else. I will be active in the docks and welcome them and tell them if you have a problem come to me, and this is for all members of the Ra. I want them all to feel connected with the government. I believe too much pressure is put one to them to get just get involved, they need to get on their feet and that is what the Speaker should do. Newcomers come together and vote. That is why when our 44 president was elected he said “We are more than a collection of individuals; we are more than a collection of red states and blue states, we are and forever will be the United States of America. This means we are more than just newcomers and government officials, we are and we forever will be the North Pacific
Government officials, I know how hard your job is. That is why you need a magnificent Speaker. You need someone who will go out of his way and get all of the Ra support, right now you only getting part and how could we truly be effective as region without the whole support. I mean we have the best Delegate Mcmasterdonia, who worked through family issues and sickness and health. We couldn’t ask for one better than him. Our vice delegate, always trying her best to keep the Security Council on its feet. We have the best Attorney General, Kiwi who is having a tough time right but is trying his best. We have phenomenal court justices especially COE. In my opinion he was the best Speaker we ever had. If I’m elected I wish I could fill half of his shoes. He truly had a vision for The North Pacific for almost the year he was in that position. And most importantly we have the best members of the RA. No one can top them and with a spectacular government like this you need a great Speaker who will interact with the citizens in your care. To get their full opinion and that is what is I am planning to do.
The difference between me and my opponents is that I know what is like here in TNP. My opponents may have more experience than me but no one knows the citizens of TNP better than me; that is a fact. I do not like the previous speaker because he is not inviting and open. I will give you an example I asked him for the deputy speaker position. He did not grant me evidently the position. I think the reason is that I did not vote for him in the Special election. Now I know there is no law being broken but this is just to show you his personality. He didn’t even answer me in my pm to say, I don’t think your right for the job or whatever. He should have answer and give me a response. This is what I am talking about; the speaker should answer when you message. Do you think I should been penalized just for expressing my opinion in the Special election? I should have been able to express my opinion and not have it counted against me; but he didn’t. He probably said he didn’t vote for me so why should I give him the job. I probably would have said the same thing but I would consider and say maybe there’s a reason he didn’t vote for me and maybe he’d be beneficial. I petitioned the Election Commissioners to hold a debate between the Speakers candidates, because I know North Pacific and I know based on the reason I said and also not knowing all the facts they will vote. I want to answer their questions and want other opponents to as well, actively so they can compare answers. If the Election Commissioners grant me that it would be greatly appreciated. You see all my opponents would do is do what the constitution says. They would put one step in, you need a speaker that instead of putting one foot put 10 feet to better serve their region. That is what I’m willing go the extra mile for my region and I promise my supporters I will continue to run no matter how many times I lose until I win.
Listen, the North Pacific I know some of you are afraid of change but I ask you for your vote. Change is not easy and it will take some time but I am here to help. All the candidates would not have run if we did not believe we can help and serve our region. But it is up to you to decide. We are Tnpers and were all in this together. I know I will get criticized on my ideas heavily. But I want to win on the basis of my ideas. I don’t want to lie to get your votes, because that is not the kind of person I am. I don’t want to take the easy way out because it is not the right to do. A famous president said, “You must do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.” And I believe running this election I can better serve my fellow citizens. I ask you don’t criticize on my platform of Newcomers because I am planning to use my free time with it, don’t think that this platform will get in the way of my responsibilities. Many Speakers don’t use their free time. I encouraged you to ask questions but don’t criticized because your scare to make a change happen.
I am Leekem and I am ready to put my hand on that book. I am ready to say the oath of office and I am ready to become the next speaker of the Ra. Thank You.
Please ask questions and if you support me tell me so.

I have another quote for you:

"The secret of a good campaign speech is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible.”

Leekem, during the Attorney General election, you said you would serve as deputy Attorney General if you failed to win. What happened to that?

As a second question, how do you explain Zyvetskistaahn appointing Bootahilley as his deputy speaker, when Bootsie also voted for DD? Have you considered the possibility that there were simply multiple applicants, and Bootsie was a stronger one?

I look forward to seeing what experience your President of a Law Firm role can bring, unless you've recently become the elected leader of a legislature and haven't told us. :)

SillyString:
Leekem, during the Attorney General election, you said you would serve as deputy Attorney General if you failed to win. What happened to that?

As a second question, how do you explain Zyvetskistaahn appointing Bootahilley as his deputy speaker, when Bootsie also voted for DD? Have you considered the possibility that there were simply multiple applicants, and Bootsie was a stronger one?
Thank You for your questions SillyString.

Yes I said I would serve as deputy Attorney General. But I heard Kiwi already attained deputies by the time I applied and the work didn’t fit. I believe he would have like someone with more experience

It is possible Boostie was a stronger applicable, but that wasn’t the point of that scenario. I said it was a possibility that he didn’t give me the job because I didn’t vote for him. But the point is he didn’t have the decency to answer me. Not even just as a speaker but as a human being it would been respectable of him to answer and say, I don’t want you for the job or I’ve found someone else. I would do that and that’s why I’m running for Speaker; the Speaker should to be more open with his citizens. How could you not answer the Ra when we as the Ra voted you in the position you are now. You’re going against the people who put where you are. I told you that to show you his personality. I believe in many Speakers but when you do not answer you lose my trust. That is only reason I told citizens and it is possible Boostie was stronger than me; I am good friends with Boostie. He is a newcomer and I talked to him already. I ask you for your support Sillystring.

flemingovia:
I have another quote for you:

"The secret of a good campaign speech is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible.”
Thank You Flem,
I take that as a complement I'm hoping. I love politics, it is my passionate. I love to debate and love to speak, so when you hear me speaking I'm talking with heart and passion and I all these quotes deal with my campaign strategies. Especially with Martin Luther King on his walk to freedom for equal. People were against as I'm sure people is against me. But he held those true to be self obvious as I do in this region.
Thank You, Flem and I hope I have your support

Lord Ravenclaw:
I look forward to seeing what experience your President of a Law Firm role can bring, unless you've recently become the elected leader of a legislature and haven't told us. :)
Oh Thank You Lord Ravenclaw,
I am so happy to see you remember that. Yes I am still working with the law firm but my heart is in speaking and helping people. Although I know the law, just like COE transfer speaker to justice I will be the inverse. Thank You and I open I have your support Lord Ravenclaw.

Oh and this is for the Election Commissioners,
I would like for you to contact me and my opponents so we could set up a debate, if that's okay.
Thank You Leekem

Leekem, this thread continues a troubling trend I see in your posting history. Of the 106 posts you've made on this forum since you first posted last March, 69 have been in the election forum, almost 2 out of every 3. You have voted in the RA 19 times, yet only contributed to one RA discussion, and it was only to say that you were in favor of the motion under debate. Your few remaining posts are mostly a mix of applying for minor government positions, posting in the off-topic forums, and registering for citizenship and membership in the RA.

My point is this: as far as I can tell, you have yet to make a positive contribution to the success of this region. I hate to put it that bluntly, but it's the truth. Government positions go to people who demonstrate their commitment to TNP and their commitment our collective success as a region and as a government. The Speaker's office, in particular, requires some familiarity with the debate process in the RA, which you appear to have abstained from almost entirely. It's great that you are welcoming to new members, but sending a few PM's doesn't prepare you to hold public office.

In the two positions you've run for in the past, you earned an average of only 5 votes. Have you considered why you are not being successful in elections? It's not because you were a newcomer - newcomers get elected to public office frequently in this region. I, myself, was barely in the region a month when I became Speaker. It's because you're not showing us that you're committed to the region. Take my advice: stop giving us campaign speeches, and start giving us action. If you're interested in the Regional Assembly, try contributing to RA debates, or even propose a piece of legislation or two yourself. Show us that you know how it works, and that you care about the quality of our laws and our lawmaking body. If you do that, then your fellow legislators will take note, and you might see more success in elections in the future. But remember that government office is not an end unto itself - it's a means to improve the region, and contribute to our collective success.

If you are elected as Speaker, will you name any deputies? If so, how will you select them?

Which of the legal duties of the Speaker's office seems most interesting to you? Which seems least interesting?

What are the specific strengths of each of the other candidates for Speaker? What are their weaknesses?

SillyString:
If you are elected as Speaker, will you name any deputies? If so, how will you select them?

Which of the legal duties of the Speaker's office seems most interesting to you? Which seems least interesting?

What are the specific strengths of each of the other candidates for Speaker? What are their weaknesses?
Thank you for the questions Sillystring,
I will name two deputies as we have now. I fine two is enough to help me administer all of my obligations I have as Speaker.

I think the weekly review we have here is the most part of my job. The least interesting I would have to say would be administering many of the rules. I can do it because law is my passion but sometimes it gets tedious.

Our current Speaker strength is that he has been in the Speakers office, that is one of the only things he has over me and my other candidate. His weakness is that, in my opinion, he really doesn't understand all of the RA members. He fails to come to eye to eye with some of them in his term. He is not a peoples person.

Boostie strength is the opposite. I admire his mindset on how to aspire and achieve. He is always upbeat and exciting. I support newcomers like him. His weakness is that he needs get more affiliated with TNPer. I would gladly but we are running against each other.

Thanks for the quick answers!

I think the weekly review we have here is the most part of my job. The least interesting I would have to say would be administering many of the rules. I can do it because law is my passion but sometimes it gets tedious.

Just a note, I specifically asked about the legal obligations of the Speaker - the weekly digest is fun, but entirely optional.

Which legal duties - that is, the ones laid out by law - seem most and least interesting? :)

I voted for you the last time mostly because I wasn't taking things too seriously.

Now serious mode is on. Sort of.

Why can we trust you? Why should we trust you? What makes you better than the other candidates? (Zyvet and Bootsie have experience working the workings of the legislature, you don't, for one.)

SillyString:
Thanks for the quick answers!

Just a note, I specifically asked about the legal obligations of the Speaker - the weekly digest is fun, but entirely optional.

Which legal duties - that is, the ones laid out by law - seem most and least interesting? :)
I would say the most interesting part of my job would be approving new admins to the region, until the vice delegate does her checks.
I would say the least interesting part of my job would be having to be the election commissioner in an special election if the delegate is not available for the job.

Lord Nwahs:
I voted for you the last time mostly because I wasn't taking things too seriously.

Now serious mode is on. Sort of.

Why can we trust you? Why should we trust you? What makes you better than the other candidates? (Zyvet and Bootsie have experience working the workings of the legislature, you don't, for one.)
Thank you for your question Olvern,
It is true my other candidates are more skilled in experience. But that does mean you can't trust me. Considering you read my campaign topic it explains that they might have more experience than me but laws and experience are not all the Speaker does. He interact with his citizens, he is part of the legislative branch. They may have more experience than me but no one knows the citizens of TNP better than me. You can trust I will administer the rules because you don't have to be a previous Speaker to know that. You can trust all my decisions will be for the best of the RA. I will help many newcomers(such as yourself) to get their voice hear in the government and you can trust I will put 10 feet instead of 1 foot in this job.

Eluvatar:
Why do we need a Speaker of the Regional Assembly?
We need a Speaker of the Regional Assembly because he is the one that administer of the rules of the Assembly. He is part of the legislative branch and in my opinion is the spokesperson of the RA. He makes all laws are being followed and that the RA is running smoothly. Keeping up everybody on the ongoing and without the Ra who would do all these things? Who would the Ra turn do? We need a good and effective Speaker to carry out all these responsibilities.

flemingovia:
Leekem:
I take that as a complement
It wasn't.
I'm sorry Flem you thought my campaign opening was to long. I felt to get the support you would have to hear all of my ideas and if I didn't write how much how you know what I will be doing in my tenure. I couldn't just do stuff in my term without explaining it. I'm sorry but I hope you did read and support me on it.

Thank You
Leekem

Crushing Our Enemies:
Leekem, this thread continues a troubling trend I see in your posting history. Of the 106 posts you've made on this forum since you first posted last March, 69 have been in the election forum, almost 2 out of every 3. You have voted in the RA 19 times, yet only contributed to one RA discussion, and it was only to say that you were in favor of the motion under debate. Your few remaining posts are mostly a mix of applying for minor government positions, posting in the off-topic forums, and registering for citizenship and membership in the RA.

My point is this: as far as I can tell, you have yet to make a positive contribution to the success of this region. I hate to put it that bluntly, but it's the truth. Government positions go to people who demonstrate their commitment to TNP and their commitment our collective success as a region and as a government. The Speaker's office, in particular, requires some familiarity with the debate process in the RA, which you appear to have abstained from almost entirely. It's great that you are welcoming to new members, but sending a few PM's doesn't prepare you to hold public office.

In the two positions you've run for in the past, you earned an average of only 5 votes. Have you considered why you are not being successful in elections? It's not because you were a newcomer - newcomers get elected to public office frequently in this region. I, myself, was barely in the region a month when I became Speaker. It's because you're not showing us that you're committed to the region. Take my advice: stop giving us campaign speeches, and start giving us action. If you're interested in the Regional Assembly, try contributing to RA debates, or even propose a piece of legislation or two yourself. Show us that you know how it works, and that you care about the quality of our laws and our lawmaking body. If you do that, then your fellow legislators will take note, and you might see more success in elections in the future. But remember that government office is not an end unto itself - it's a means to improve the region, and contribute to our collective success.

Once again, you haven't done so well in an election. I hope you'll take my advice if you truly want to serve the region well.

King Durk the Awesome:
You have my vote. As a sassy, strong-willed black man, I deeply appreciate your relevant and progressive references to MLK here.
Thank You, King Durk
I love MLK, he had a dream for America that we hold these trues to be self evident, that all men are created equally. And when he marched on Washington he made his voice clear and his dream come alive.

Back