Romanoffia objects to being removed as moderating justice

mcmasterdonia:
I think in other cases the Attorney General was already serving as the Defence when they were elected to the position of Attorney General - such as Gaspo when he served as Eluvatar's (?) defence lawyer. I can't recall a time when the Attorney General has decided not to prosecute a case to join the defence instead.
Sanctaria - this.

If Kiwi had previously been serving as a defense attorney in this case, I'd have no problem with him not prosecuting this case. But he's the freaking AG for TNP. I mean think of what future AG's could do if asked to be defense attorneys??

Mockery might not be strong enough of a word. For those of you still in the RA, this might be a good question for future AG candidates.

and since people are quoting the law...Kiwi suggestion of Chas as prosecutor is not technically legal.

38. In the event that the Attorney General is a defendant, the defence attorney, or a witness in a criminal case, the Delegate shall appoint an existing deputy Attorney General who is not similarly party to that case to act as Special Prosecutor for that case.

McM will need to make the appointment.

...and Flem, I hope for the sake of TNP you all can straighten out whatever is going on here. If history is any indication......it's not looking good.

punk d:
Kiwi suggestion of Chas as prosecutor is not technically legal.

38. In the event that the Attorney General is a defendant, the defence attorney, or a witness in a criminal case, the Delegate shall appoint an existing deputy Attorney General who is not similarly party to that case to act as Special Prosecutor for that case.

The law is appropriate but the inference is incorrect.

Disregarding Kiwi's suggestion of it, I am in fact the only existing deputy attorney general, and I am also the only existing deputy general not already party to the TNP vs COE case.

The reason that the law stipulates it has to be an existing deputy AG is so that the delegate cannot choose somebody new.

Chasmanthe:
punk d:
Kiwi suggestion of Chas as prosecutor is not technically legal.

The law is appropriate but the inference is incorrect.

Disregarding Kiwi's suggestion of it, I am in fact the only existing deputy attorney general, and I am also the only existing deputy general not already party to the TNP vs COE case.

The reason that the law stipulates it has to be an existing deputy AG is so that the delegate cannot choose somebody new.
My point is the delegate needs to make the appointment, not Kiwi. Semantics? Yes.

Bottom line, if CoE doesn't take Roman off the bench, we're not having this conversation and I still want to know why he was removed as I thought he was doing a fine job. if he was doing something horrible, let's hear it but it seemed like to me he facilitating a case where both the defense and prosecution were also actively working towards the completion of the case.

Glad common sense has prevailed.

...and now back to the regularly scheduled TNP Trials where no one ever gets convicted!

Speaking of mockeries PunkD, you are suspiciously active for someone who was unable to continue the trial. Just saying.

punk d:
flemingovia:
Says Gracius Maximus "last hero of the North"
he did say it was overrated.

he hasn't been able to win an election despite his "hero" status. hehehehe
I don't win elections because I refuse to kiss ass and play the IRC vote gathering game. Oh well. No worries.

GM - I'll make a bet with you. If you run in the next 3 elections and never join IRC and/or kiss but, you will win one of those elections.

I guarantee it.

punk d:
mcmasterdonia:
I think in other cases the Attorney General was already serving as the Defence when they were elected to the position of Attorney General - such as Gaspo when he served as Eluvatar's (?) defence lawyer. I can't recall a time when the Attorney General has decided not to prosecute a case to join the defence instead.
Sanctaria - this.

If Kiwi had previously been serving as a defense attorney in this case, I'd have no problem with him not prosecuting this case. But he's the freaking AG for TNP. I mean think of what future AG's could do if asked to be defense attorneys??
This is a silly complaint. Looking at the general timetable of how gorram long it takes to go from a complaint being filed, to a trial being begun, to a trial being ended, it seems highly implausible that this trial would even have begun during this judicial term. There's no reason to assume Kiwi would have had any kind of conflict a year from now.

SillyString:
punk d:
mcmasterdonia:
Sanctaria - this.

This is a silly complaint. Looking at the general timetable of how gorram long it takes to go from a complaint being filed, to a trial being begun, to a trial being ended, it seems highly implausible that this trial would even have begun during this judicial term. There's no reason to assume Kiwi would have had any kind of conflict a year from now.
I guess if we're using this trial as the standard trial time-frame, well yeah it's likely Kiwi wouldn't be the AG a year from now when the trial actually commenced.

But i'm not willing to make that assumption. Instead, I'd prefer the AG do the job he was elected to do, be the chief prosecutor of TNP.

Democratic Donkeys:
Just employ the Romanoffia Method, run in every election until you finally win one. :)

Edit: That's what I am doing! :lol:
And it's a good method. ;)

And, for that matter, it beats the Hell out of osculating posteriors until one's lips are raw in order to win elections. :D

There is one major drawback to the Romanoffia Method - one usually ends up getting elected to positions that only a lunatic would want. Which is quite apropos considering I am a lunatic. :P

Eluvatar:
SillyString:
punk d:
I'd prefer the AG do the job he was elected to do, be the chief prosecutor of TNP.
You don't say. :mellow:

Shocking, I agree! Who does punk d think he is, he should try being AG himself! :w00t:
Yes... the pot calling the kettle black on that one PunkD. In fact I think it's appalling you see fit to say anything about this trial.

Back