Repeal: Against Corruption [Complete] [Complete]

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #248: Against Corruption (Category: Political Stability; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The World Assembly,

Understanding the inherent problems of bribery and corruption,

Respecting the intent of "Against Corruption"(GA #248),

Noting, however, that the clause on the subject of individuals and organizations contains an error which was acknowledged after GA #248 was already at vote,

Further noting that the error(using the word "nation" rather than "organization") creates a severe flaw in the resolution, forcing organizations to be responsible for the independent actions of every employee, rather than protecting them from rogue actions as intended,

Believing that the appropriateness of gift giving is much easier to ascertain on a local level than through international legislation,

Hereby repeals "Against Corruption"(GA #248).

Co-Authored by Cormac A Stark.

Authored by douria... co-authored by Cormac and it was campaigned for by Topid/Daynor of the South Pacific. Quite odd.

Vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

mcmasterdonia:
Authored by douria... co-authored by Cormac and it was campaigned for by Topid/Daynor of the South Pacific. Quite odd.
I specialize in odd. :P

Seriously, though, my reason for co-authoring this with Douria is that I am personally National Sovereigntist, and I believe this fails to meet the standard of a truly international issue and addresses a non-international problem in an internationally inept way. While obviously I don't condone Douria's actions during the Imperium Coup, with the passage of a few months I've come to feel that those actions shouldn't have any bearing on his WA authorship -- he is an accomplished WA author, and this repeal is a good repeal.

I'm not casting a vote, given the impropriety of voting in multiple regions for a resolution I co-authored, but I appreciate the opportunity to address why I co-authored it.

Thanks for sharing. Definitely wasn't criticizing your decision to co-author at all. It is good to see that people can work together despite serious disagreements within gameplay.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back