TNP Government positions

I was just wondering if anyone could explain to me what a Diplomat and Foreign Envoy does and If they are elected, selected by a higher power or promoted from a lower rank, and who is in charge of them. (Above them and below them in rank if any).

Much appreciated.

I don't know about diplomats, but Foreign Envoys are usually ambassadors/diplomats of foreign regions that the North Pacific has relationship/embassy with. Typically, you get appointed/selected to be a foreign envoy by the region and then you apply for the masking in a thread somewhere here :P

True that.

I believe you receive foreign envoy masking if you register and are appointed from your region, while diplomat masking just goes to anyone that comes from another place. Therefore, TNP has no power over them.

If you're looking to be an ambassador OF TNP: try checking out the Foreign Affairs forum.

I think there is a danger of being confused here.

A foreign envoy is someone who joins the forum to represent another region, e.g. Casl, representing Stargate. They have this masking so they have access to things but not as much access as North Pacifican Citizens have.

A diplomat is someone working for the TNP Delegate's government to represent TNP in another region. They have access to our FA ministry's subforum so they receive press releases to distribute abroad on other boards.

So a Foreign Envoy is another region's counterpart of a TNP Diplomat.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the replies.

Does any specific person or rank appoint Diplomats?
Same question for Admins and Global Moderators.

Very helpful comments, Chasmanthe!

The Minister for Foreign Affairs, currently Vice Delegate Sanctarian WA Mission, makes diplomatic appointments. If you're interested, I would encourage you to contact him.

To the best of my knowledge, Admins and Global Mods are appointed on an as-needed basis by existing forum Admins.

Back