New Map?

KjBush

TNPer
I have spoken to a hand full of members about creating a new NP map. It seems that nobody is in rejection of this idea so far. I like the current map but it is not being updated anymore. So the way i see it is either (1) a new person steadily updates the current map or (2) that person just creates a new map all together. I am more than willing to do either but would prefer to create a new map. Here are 2 examples of maps that can be used....Map 1 or Map 2

I personally like the 2nd map more because it looks more realistic in my opinion.

So, if a new map is created then i or a different person designated to make the map can use one of these maps to do so.

I think it would be beneficial to have a vote regarding the creation of a new map.

This is all just a big idea that i have. I am interested in your opinions.

I agree that the 2nd of your two maps is superior.

We had an old map that was made by the legendary Thel D'Ran and sometime after that the then delegate GS commissioned a whole new map that was a spinoff from IDU, part of a global map project that was never fulfilled. Scandigrad was maintaining this map and latterly the now defunct Ministry of Culture and Entertainment were working with him on it.

Ask people in conversations... you should find some people interested if you get talking.

As long as Avalon keeps being the same old island with same shape and size, I won't have nothing against this

I think a new map is a wonderful idea. Thank you for offering to take on the project.

This is the map I've been using: :flemingovia1:

Yes, I think this would be a great idea. Also, at second the idea about using the second map. It's cooler and actually looks like a continent.

A thought- the reason that the map isn't being updated is because of users, not because of the map itself. It's a marketing problem, which I'm sure you could also fix.

Belschaft:
Has anyone ever tried to to do a pan-pacific map? I think that might be quite a cool idea.
Would be difficult in terms of map styles and scales and what not.

To the OP, are the maps linked in the opening post yours?

madjack:
Belschaft:
Has anyone ever tried to to do a pan-pacific map? I think that might be quite a cool idea.
Would be difficult in terms of map styles and scales and what not.
You'd have to start from scratch really, with one big map with five continents on it and each region maintaining it's own section. Would be an interesting project.

Back